This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Nova

• dumezd
      dumezd
      Bronze
      Hi guys

About myself I'm Dirk, 25years old.
      Currently playing 0.02 and 0.10cent SNGs on Pokerstars.
      A few years ago I came in touch with poker but it was casual, though now I'm intending to take it more serious.
      I understand it's a long way to go, but where there's a will there's a way.

From my experience in other games, being involved in a community helps to improve faster and to keep you motivated.
      I remember this website from back when I first started but never got involved which lead to me stepping away from poker.
      The reason why I enjoy it so much though is the systems, the stategy that goes behind it.
      Often people look at it as a game based on luck but anyone who has played it knows this is not the case.

My goal is to get a good understanding of the game, and to progress at a steady pace.
      And who knows after some hard work I can make a living out of it.
      But that's a long road.
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Dirk,

Where are you from? I've never seen that name before.

I'm assuming those are the $0.02 990Man Hypers? I once played a little but they're sooooo crazy! Variance is huge in those games and turning a long term profit may be difficult.

Have you ever thought of playing the 45mans that run? These may be easier to build up from imo :)

Being involved within the community is definitely a huge bonus, you get to learn so much form just reading posts, asking questions directly and just generally speaking with other players.

It may be a long road, but keep putting in the hours and it gets shorter ;)

I hope to see you contributing around the forum in the next few days.
    • dumezd
      dumezd
      Bronze
      The 45mans are 0.50cent since my bankroll is 32euro I'd want to wait until it's 50dollar so I have 100 buyinns.
      It's the next step anyway.
      And Belgium is where I'm from.

One thing that helped me boost my bankroll was the SNG heads on, maybe I was lucky 7 times but I'm not complaining.
      Neither pushing my luck :)
      Anyway thanks for the reply and maybe I will try out the 45man a few times.

Oh and I have stopped playing the 0.02 Hyper tournaments, the 0.10 are suiting me better.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck Dirk and a big welcome to our community :)