[NL2-NL10] NL100 basics. Never fold an overpair?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $67.02
      Hero:
      $25.65

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , J:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, BU folds, SB calls $3.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($9.00) 4:heart: , 6:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.00, SB calls $6.00.

Turn: ($21.00) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $10.00, Hero raises to $15.65 (All-In), SB calls $5.65.

River: ($52.30) 6:heart:

Final Pot: $52.30

Its situations like this where i often get screwed, but i can't play it any other way right?
  • 7 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      yep, the same situation for me today, actually looks like the same hand :D , i played the same, even i had some "feeling" that i am behind, after his raise on turn...and of course he showed KK (what about in you case?)...but xylere said, "that we have to put fellings aside.... ;) "
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I think due to the fact that you are shortstacked, there is no way of laying that down.

Just noticed that this is SSS section...
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      easy push.... he could also have 88,99 etc
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i would open 5BB Pf, bet pot on flop and shove turn
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      why 5bb preflop?
      on the flop 2/3 is fine, too. its enough to protect (we do not have 100bb behind ;) )
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Interesting. Why 5bb pre?

Does Betting Pot on flop have the advantage that I can get my chips in against more weak hands on turn? Against this guy I guess I don't have to, but how would i balance my lines betting pot like in a situation like this more often?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      5bb Pf because we have a huge fish in SB with absolutely identical calling range for both 4BB and 5BB) and we are miles ahead of his range and obv. don't need to balance) I did it pretty often and it worked fine for me and for some other good ssers.

same reasoning on the flop) his calling range is exta wide on this kind of board, so i want to get as much as possible and it makes impossible for him to get away from hands like 6x,4x,5x if an overcard comes on turn

how would i balance my lines betting pot like in a situation like this more often?

I wouldn't bother a lot with bet size balancing untill you play same opponents on the higher limits. balancing against a huge fish is a waste of time, imo) plus you don't play that often with 25BB stack and with a normal stack (like 18BB) I just shove this flop)