This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQo on a paired board

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,29
      Hero:
      $5,09

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BU folds, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 4:spade: , 4:diamond: , K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,24, SB calls $0,24.

Turn: ($0,84) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,60, SB raises to $1,80, Hero raises to $4,68, SB raises to $3,89 (All-In).

River: ($9,41) J:diamond:

Final Pot: $9,41

After he has called my bet on the flop, I put him on KJ or some lower kings or a middle pocket pair, lower than kings. I was thinking that he would have raised me preflop with AK, re-raised flop with 44 and folded all other fours preflop.
  • 4 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      this is player dependent
      he is representing a very narow range . 34 , 45 , 55 and probably something like k :spade: j :spade: witch i doubt he check raises
      you have to take the decision on the turn because calling comits you . if you feel he has more kings and draws in his range then sets/boats then going with the hand is fine but against unknown the first time i tend to fold more
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If hes passive postflop watch out when he raises you, it usually means he has a hand.
      Even though its very unlikely, it seems like he has a 4, since he called pf and flop, then gets you all-in when it gets drawy on the turn...
      If hes a bad player then I play it same as you since he could have Kx, a 5, SD or FD.
      I dont see how else to play this hand though without stats. Although I think you are ahead most of the time you will lose here sometimes.
      If he called pf with trash, make a note of it.
    • Uradink
      Uradink
      Bronze
      Hi.
      On this limit he could easily have 55, its the standard
      line form many donks there.Call on the flop with their pocket pair
      especially on a paired board and then he hit his set?
      will you tell us what he had? :P i've seen a lot hands
      like this with the idiots hitting their set on turn or river :D
      i dont know if you could give him this range here:
      55-44, K9s+, KTo+, 54o,45s maybe 34s or without 45o
      but whatever with this range you have about 50-60%
      equity...but well...i dont know^^
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      He had AK