Poker client keeps crashing when HUD is enabled

• Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I recently updated PT4 again. After the update, Ladbrokes Poker keeps crashing whenever I enable the HUD on my tables.

Apart from installing the update, I did not make any other changes.

Any ideas on what I could do to solve this?
  • 30 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      We have no record of crashes specific to Ladbrokes, what game were you playing when the crash occurred? At what stage does the crash occur - when you start importing? Does the crash occur at Speed Poker tables, tournament tables, or on on normal cash game tables? We need these specifics first, then once we have more information we can guide you how to create a support ticket that provides the information we need to further investigate.

We do not have a Ladbrokes account, so your help will be necessary to accomplish our goal in determining the cause of the crash, it might be specific to your computer, but in the event its specific to the Ladbrokes software we need to address this asap - but we have no other users telling us about this problem so far. Thnx!
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      It happened at Speed Poker tables, but I also tried normal cash tables and tournaments, with the same result.

The crash occurs whenever I start importing hands, or as soon as I open the tables if I started the importing process before I joined the games.

There haven't been any problems before I updated PT4 to version 4.10.9.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      It happened at Speed Poker tables, but I also tried normal cash tables and tournaments, with the same result.

The crash occurs whenever I start importing hands, or as soon as I open the tables if I started the importing process before I joined the games.

There haven't been any problems before I updated PT4 to version 4.10.9.
      1) Restart your computer

2) Download PokerTracker 4.10.9 again and run the installer while no other applications are running. If you see an error message let us know.

3) Run PT4, Open Ladbrokes and Log In. Start importing, then open a normal cash game table (not Speed Poker). Does this work? If not, please restart your computer and continue.

4) In PT4 stop auto-import. Click Configure > Site & Import Options. Select iPoker. Disable the Speed Poker HUD. Click OK. Close all open applications, then start the instructions from #3 again except this time you final step will be to open a speed poker table.

If you find a crash at any point please report back here. Thnx!
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply!

Disabling the Speed Poker HUD fixes the crashes and the HUD works on regular cash tables.
      Once I enable the Speed Poker HUD, however, the same problems occur as before, both on regular and Speed tables.

Importing hands from Speed Poker tables does work when the Speed Poker HUD is disabled, but obviously, there's no HUD.

I still have the installer for version 4.10.6. Is it possible to "downgrade" to that version?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Thanks for the reply!

Disabling the Speed Poker HUD fixes the crashes and the HUD works on regular cash tables.
      Once I enable the Speed Poker HUD, however, the same problems occur as before, both on regular and Speed tables.

Importing hands from Speed Poker tables does work when the Speed Poker HUD is disabled, but obviously, there's no HUD.

I still have the installer for version 4.10.6. Is it possible to "downgrade" to that version?
      You cannot downgrade PokerTracker 4 except in rare situations where our staff recommend this, downgrading can hurt your database due to changes in code over time. We don;t think this problem is caused by 4.10.9, but there is a chance it is due to a new code release from iPoker which we need to compensate for in a future release. For the time being please turn off the Speed HUD option, our developers are looking into this now - I ask that you please create a support ticket on our website by clicking Support > Contact US. Include the link to this thread so our support team will have a record of our discussion to date.

Thank you very much for your help!
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      UPDATE: We tested Ladbrokes today and could not reproduce your problem on Speed Poker or normal cash game tables. We are going to need you to submit a support ticket so we can perform further research, I'm beginning to think you may have a conflict that is specific to your computer.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      I did create a support ticket earlier today.

I don't know what else could be the problem, because everything was working fine before the update, and I didn't change anything else.

Do you think my antivirus software could possibly be causing some sort of interference? I did receive a false positive a few weeks ago when I updated to v4.10.7 and was asked to put the installer and the file partycommunicator.pt4 into quarantine.

The antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus, by the way.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      I did create a support ticket earlier today.

I don't know what else could be the problem, because everything was working fine before the update, and I didn't change anything else.

Do you think my antivirus software could possibly be causing some sort of interference? I did receive a false positive a few weeks ago when I updated to v4.10.7 and was asked to put the installer and the file partycommunicator.pt4 into quarantine.

The antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus, by the way.
      Uninstall your antivirus. Disable your Firewall. Restart. Install one more time - and then try again. So far the evidence points towards a third party app or OS conflict.

PS: There was an iPoker software update more recently released than PT4's release.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerTracker
      Uninstall your antivirus. Disable your Firewall. Restart. Install one more time - and then try again. So far the evidence points towards a third party app or OS conflict.
      I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable doing this. I'd prefer to just wait for the response of your support team for now.
      I did, however, try to open a table with my antivirus and firewall deactivated, not uninstalled, which did not fix the issue.

Also, I plan to contact customer support at Ladbrokes tomorrow, maybe they could help as well.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable doing this. I'd prefer to just wait for the response of your support team for now.
      I did, however, try to open a table with my antivirus and firewall deactivated, not uninstalled, which did not fix the issue.

Also, I plan to contact customer support at Ladbrokes tomorrow, maybe they could help as well.
      This is an issue that Ladbrokes will tell you that they cannot support, they do not design their application to be used with PokerTracker, but we design our application to be used alongside Ladbrokes - stick with our support, and we will help.

Unfortunately our support team will require that you uninstall your firewall and Antivirus as part of the debugging process. Once we are done you will be able to re-install the antivirus, but you may have to change options offered. For details please see our extensive Support Guide on this topic. in some rare situations we have seen PokerTracker tagged as a false positive by security software because our HUD works as a layer upon another application, this is similar in function to how some viruses may appear to work even though our application is not parasitic therefore some (not all) security tools can get in the way of the HUD's operations.

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/troubleshooting/anti-virus-firewall-and-security-software-configuration-guide

What is your support ticket number?
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      All right, I will uninstall my antivirus.

The support ticket number is 149777.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Uninstall your antivirus. Disable your Firewall. Restart. Install one more time - and then try again.
      Okay, I just did that. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Same old story. Blame all bugs on third-party software. Reinstall a million times (oh, like if that is ever going to help).

I have the same problem, but I'm not going to tell you the symptoms and my findings, and I doubt you'd want them anyway. You know why PokerTracker.

/*****/

As a rule, always backup the database before making any upgrades. This makes downgrading easy.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      Same old story. Blame all bugs on third-party software. Reinstall a million times (oh, like if that is ever going to help).

I have the same problem, but I'm not going to tell you the symptoms and my findings, and I doubt you'd want them anyway. You know why PokerTracker.

/*****/

As a rule, always backup the database before making any upgrades. This makes downgrading easy.
      Are you playing on Ladbrokes as well, or any other iPoker skin?
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Ladbrokes, yes, and also another iPoker skin. Sorry about my semi-rudeness, it certainly isn't directed towards you Harrier. PokerTracker and me have a long history of refusing to answer each others questions. Well, at least he has. I use an earlier version now and things work as they should. Will be waiting 'til the next fix (at least) before I try to upgrade again.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Just for the record, I put on the latest version again and it works fine with Stars at least. (Don't like iPoker much anyway :) )
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      The support team just responded.

I was told to check the file "iPokerCommunicator.pt4" in the data/bin folder. Turns out it was almost a month old.
      I replaced it with the file they sent me by email, and now everything is working fine.

The problem is solved. Thank you very much for your help!
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      The support team just responded.

I was told to check the file "iPokerCommunicator.pt4" in the data/bin folder. Turns out it was almost a month old.
      I replaced it with the file they sent me by email, and now everything is working fine.

The problem is solved. Thank you very much for your help!
      This occurred because the iPokerCommunicator.pt4 file did not get installed correctly, it either means your antivirus was blocking the installation or you left open the Ladbrokes poker client while installing PokerTracker 4. Either of these possibilities would block the installation of the iPokerCommunicator.pt4 which is required for using the HUD on iPoker - that is why we asked you to uninstall your Antivirus tool and restart your computer, then re-run the installer while no other applications are running. As we said in one of our prior posts, this issues seemed to be unique to your computer, it was an installation problem rather than a bug in the software which is why it did not affect others.

Happy to hear you are back to normal!
    • knp2000
      knp2000
      Bronze
      Hallo PokerTracker ,

i have the same problem with Poker770.
      Can you sent me this file: iPokerCommunicator.pt4 to ViktorKoch@live.de

Thank you