giving up

• jakespeed76
      All I do is get my money good and lose everytime. How am I going to keep playing if all,i do is lose. When I play live I do well .I go online and i cant win one fucking hand. I have the best of it most of the time. Even if I happen to suck out on the flop I lose on the turn. Does being a good online player mean you have to be a big donkey? I give up online poker is not for real.
  • 7 replies
    • arthurbentley
      How many hands have you played? What stakes and game format? Bankroll management? How about posting some sample hands for the mods to dissect? If you want help you will need to provide more information.
      Hi Jakespeed76,

I moved your thread to more relevant board.,

I'm sorry to hear that you have hard time beating online poker,; however, we have some nice coaching materials here at pokerstrategy. You can check some of it: Strategy, Videos, Coaching.

Hopefully, you'll find something of your interest, and start crushing the game. :)

If you have some more questions, feel free to contact me.

• daanowntje
      Where are you crying for? With that attitude nothing is gonna happen, even in real life. You have to know that poker is a game with a lot of variance.

"'All I do is get my money good and lose everytime"'
      Even in this sentence i see your definitely far away from reality. Stop blaming others!

Just begin with learning some strategy here. This post is to wake you up.
    • kiromanAAKK
      Hi mate,

Im always became sad when come to read story like this (maybe because Im identify myself with such experiences) ...

Look, as already pointed by another member, poker is a game based on a math ground with a lots of variance involved.

The positive results, accord that we play a very close standard game (with a strategy fit at its best), will come always on a large sample (in our case hands or tournaments as required to the single player) and because that the amount of mindset request is very high and in fact, before even an accurate strategy, the mindset is a "must" in all sense

so, I understand and recognize the pain as you are describe and there isn't anything any1 can do or say for you unless you address the nature of the game and accord to that, you provide a steady and solid mindset before you even sit at the tables.

Long story made short, you must first of all balance and reinforce your mindset if you would like progress and success in the game.

For me, "give up" isn't an option but any1 has free choice and it is only you may decide which road to take and run.

Hope you may chill and review your self before the game and with the right guide of our site/forum you got (again, as already pointed above) everything you need to study, correct and master your game for a future success and glory!

Take care and do not let the darkness win on you!
      Stay strong and do not give up, never!

GL to the tables mate :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      Suggested reading:

The Mental Game by J. Tender
      The Mental Game 2 by J. Tender
      The Poker Mindset by Taylor + Hilger

These books have helped me and many other players a lot, it worth a go
      You do not need by all, just choice a tilte and go with it; soon or later you will start benefit from the words and the message given out by the authors

Take care :)
    • martinemem
      Poker is mostly about making the best hand, with the right odds. Not having the best hand preflop. Postflop is where you make the $.

Try go on nl2 fullring. And ONLY play AA, KK. If you are break even, or slightly losing over 50k hands. Then add QQ and AKs. And learn to fold AA and KK to raises on turns and rivers on bad boards.

Then you can actually have fun WHILE you increase your roll slow.
    • ragney
      Originally posted by jakespeed76
      All I do is get my money good and lose everytime.
      Your lying. Your odds are 50:50 , either you win or you lose.

There is no getting it in good.

Ez game.