This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fifth place in 10k Monthly Bonzana

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I got pretty lucky this tourney. I got alot of hands when i needed them but also had to make moves when i was short stacked.

Made one big mistake though, i had just tripled up with pocket A's and became chip leader on my table (but not in the entire tourney), i tried to raise 3x bb with pocket 8's against the other big stack at the table and got called, then i had a straight draw and got check/called, then i shoved the turn but found out i was against a higher straight, :(

Lost about 2/3 of my stack on that one hand but i remained focused after that hand and held on to get to the final table, by the time we were at the final table with 9 players, all but 2 were short stacked. I made my last stand with Q/4o from cutoff with 5 players remaining but one of the big stacks (the other big stack was chip leader) called me with Q/Jo after tanking for awhile and i was out.

I got $450 for my efforts, but just thinking i may have made it to top 2 or even shipped this tourney if i didn't make that big mistake. Here is the picture to prove it.

• 5 replies