This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

differences between short and mid stack in the charts

• Michael2345
      Michael2345
      Basic
      Hi, I was just wondering why when playing with a mid stack your charts recommend to open AJ suited utg but not when playing big stack. Also to play QQ+ vs a reraise instead of KK+. Could this please be explained to me. Thank you.
  • 1 reply
    • HypnoMarsu
      HypnoMarsu
      Bronze
      Hi

I will try to give you an answer.

The beginning BSS and MSS charts are designed to give a beginner a strategy with as few tough decisions as possible. And if followed correctly it will make you a profit without the need of reads/notes or tracking software. The strategies are NOT optimal and probably somewhat outdated but they WILL net you a profit. Especially in lower micros that are extremely fishy.

The reason why u can 4bet QQ+ in MSS because your stack size is so small u need less equity to make a profitable 4bet. Also MSS is a significantly simpler strategy because u go all in when we 4bet.

And as for the AJs UTG open is partly the same reason. The MSS stack size allows u to play your top pairs aggressively without offering implied odds to your opponents. Thus keeping your potential losses from mistakes small. While if u played BSS and got top pair with AJs u would potentially be giving implied odds due to having a dominated hand or overplaying your hand. And thus suffering a big loss due to mistake.

Which one is better for a beginner? The one that allows the player to firstly practice good BRM and secondly practice good BRM :s_grin: and thirdly the one the player enjoys the most :s_cool: .

Hope that was what you where looking for.

-Hypno