Phishing warning

• rompas
      rompas
      Hi All, not sure if this is right place but i am sure a moderator can place this warning at right place, at the moment alot of people geting phising email that looks its from neteller and offers 150 Usd free because they have 15 years in business,, DONT click at any links in it and forward that email to phishing@neteller.com

Ronnie
  • 3 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      A friend of mine got the same exact email from "Skrill" and "Neteller" saying how he needs to login via a link or his funds will be frozen in a few days cause he didn't accept a new user agreement or something.

Definetly watch out about this guys.

Regards,

Skod
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Thanks both for pointing this out. Although it's not strictly feedback for us, I'll keep it here because I think it'll get more exposure when it's here.

Certainly something to watch out for then!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by rompas
      Hi All, not sure if this is right place but i am sure a moderator can place this warning at right place, at the moment alot of people geting phising email that looks its from neteller and offers 150 Usd free because they have 15 years in business,, DONT click at any links in it and forward that email to phishing@neteller.com

Ronnie
      In general, ANY email from a financial institution should be ignored unless it contains information specific to you.

All banks I deal with have at some time or other sent me notices stating that they will never ask a user to log on via an email link, and that any request to do so is certainly fraudulent.

Cheers,
      --VS