A Bounty of hands. One or two giraffes as well!

• DaPhunk
      Another new blog with a new premise

A brief Hello and introduction to any potential new readers and any old hats that may remember me. You might just have glimpsed my oldest blog here. I also had one or perhaps two failed blogging attempts and an infrequently visited joint blog with Kruppe.

My most recent thread on this site was this challenge. Since then I moved up to NL25 again, tried some NL50 and then cashed out pretty much everything to do a Europe trip with the GF.

Now I rebuild with two seperate rolls (or perhaps 3). One roll on stars and the other(s) a non-ps linked site. I only have three targets:
      1. Play more, study and worry less.
      2. Make a short blog post every day.
      3. Analyse just 1 hand per day and post it here. Edit: Decided to crosspost and put them on the HH analysis forum too.
      An obligatory Picture of me to start of the blog: 

Questions to people reading:
      • Imageshack has apparently been updated and is no longer free. Where do you all post your graphs and pictures and such?
      • Are there any especially useful blogging platforms that you frequently use to crosspost and archive your blogposts?
  • 14 replies
    • DaPhunk
      Hand Number One!

So I decided to post a hand where I can't understand villains play :f_p:

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $0.95
      SB: $0.58
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $1.77
      Hero (CO): $2.16

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 9 :heart: Q :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 5 :heart: K :spade: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.55) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.55) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23

As close to my thought process at the time as I can muster:

Preflop: Recreational player blinds (BU also recreational player) = Open Q9o.

Flop = Dryish flop, bet to get some value out of hands like JT QT and under pocket pairs.

Although I've seen people raise Kx on this dry texture before I don't like it because I don't see much value in it and it is over-repping, not good gameplan wise etc. For that terrible reason I call. (as well as thinking if I fold an ATC raise would be +ev from him)

Turn = I figured if he is over-repping Kx he will bet again at this point and give up on his pure air moves.

River = I check hoping to get to showdown, he bets just under half pot which looks like a valuebet sizing with a med strength hand which confuses me because he raised flop.
      I feel like I have little idea what is going on and call because I don't understand and my hand isn't that terrible a bluff-catcher.

Reviewing thoughts:
      Having played the hand, It seems like I should pay attention to the population tendencies of NL2 more. I cannot base my hand-reading on whether an opponent line 'makes sense' or not, and should more look at what habits seem prevalent.

Two habits to note:
      - Bluff-raising to this size is not prevalent, and should indicate to me villain has a hand he wants a call with.
      - When villains do make a bluff-raise to this size its normally with a draw of which there are not too many in comparison to the Kx they could hold.
      - The check turn, 1/2pot river bet sizing is that of a mix between pot-controlling and valuebetting.

I shall try to keep these player habits in mind next time.

Next post targets:
      • Write down some sub-goals or targets
      • Write some thoughts on study and coaching routes for poker
      • Post the first hand analysis
    • DaPhunk
      Hello, 3rd Blog Post here. A little about my view of things before the hand of the day.

On 'Big' Goals

I have some some vague sub-goal I guess I'll write down. I would assume I'm not the only one who wants these things:

- Become a full time mid-stakes pro to enable me to live the life I want to live.
      - Be able to live with my girlfriend on the other side of the world where I'm not allowed a 'normal job' but get to spend my life with her because of the freedom that Poker has given me.
      - Be able to travel about the world whilst playing in comfort.
      - Develop a Plan B for me to do instead of poker if I don't make it or I can't stay ahead of the curve at some point.
      - Have enough of a roll that I don't mind spending a Big Blind or two on beers for my friends.

On Studying and Coaching

I've had a very small amount of coaching as well as reading a whole lot of poker theory from all over the place and watching many videos. I learnt a lot from this and other things.

I did also have private coaching, and I think for maybe half of that I could have spent the money better elsewhere, not because the coaches where bad or didn't know about poker etc, but because I do not think of myself as a good student.

I tried to take steps and prepare well so I could get the most out of the coaching but I failed and somehow came away without the 'Aha' moments or increased grasp of the game I was searching for.

So although some of the coaching I had was enlightening, fun, and I would definitely recommend people to get some, I have decided to go the route, for now, of just playing a fuckton and dropping the studying time from my poker time, Except for one HH here per day that is!

The Hand History!
      €0.10/€0.20, Texas Hold'em NL

SB: €31.20
      BB: €23.30
      Hero (BTN): €59.44

Pre Flop: (€0.30) Hero is BU with 8 :diamond: 7 :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to €0.50, 1 fold, BB raises €0.70 to €1.20, Hero Calls $0.70

Flop: (€2.50) K :heart: Q :heart: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (€2.50) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets €1.50, BB calls €1.50

River: (€4.00) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows A :heart: J :

Played this hand today (not playing just NL2 anymore). Preflop I was enticed by a decent price versus a fish and I should be calling anything I can in this spot. Not 100% sure though.

Flop: I didn't want to bet immediately and get C/R'd but I think perhaps if I want too stab this is the time. I should see a fairly large number of folds.

Turn: I thought his hand is starting to look extremely weak, like, worse than Qx, so I decided to try and make a valuebet sizing to look like Qx or weak Kx and make him fold lower pairs, random Ax etc.

River: I cannot really think what his range is so I give up. What hands should I valuebet here and what should I bluff/give up? I don't think I look like a decent value hand so I give up.

Sorry for analysis not being more in-depth, played a lot today and am tired. See you next time!
    • DaPhunk
      So I acccidentally forgot to post a hand last-night, oops! Since my Internet has now decided to brake and stop me from grinding I thought I could prepare this hand for when it cames back online.

Here it is:

Hero (BB) (€77.67)
      BU (€17.00)

Dealt to Hero [9 :heart: K :spade:]
      1 fold, BU raises €0.20 to €0.40, 1 fold, Hero Calls €0.20

FLOP [A :diamond: 2 :heart: T :diamond:] [€0.90]
      Hero Checks, BU Checks

TURN [Q :diamond:] [€0.90]
      Hero bets €0.70, BU calls €0.70

RIVER [6 :heart:] [€2.40]
      Hero bets €1.60, BU calls €1.60

Hero: shows [9 :heart: K :spade:]
      BU: shows [7 :spade: A :spade:]
      BU wins €5.17 with one pair, aces

So, Thoughts:
      Preflop. Pretty standard, strong enough to call, not strong enough to 3bet.
      Flop. Drawy flop, I expect Ax, two-pair, sets, KQ KJ FD's. The hands he checks are normally going to be mid-strength hands with showdown value.

Turn. I decide to bet twice to get such mid-strength showdown hands to fold. I expect him to fold a decent amount on turn already but he calls. Strong 2nd pair seems kind of likely now.

River. I follow through with my plan, Flush draw and KJ are both hands I do not put in his range. QT seems like the only hand I should worry about so I bet again but he calls.

I think my line is fine, my range is not nearly as capped as his after flop so it can't be that bad. What I am wondering is if I should change my line or not based on the new information I have about this particular villains flopcheck habits. I am not entirely sure how to answer that question.

That is the delayed hand, hope you enjoyed reading. Chau!
    • DaPhunk
      Time for another hand! This time before midnight has passed.

Hero (BB) (€22.20)
      SB (€13.99)

Dealt to Hero [A :club: T :spade:]
      3 folds, SB raises €0.20 to €0.30, Hero Calls €0.20

FLOP [6 :spade: Q :spade: 2 :spade:] [€0.60]
      SB bets €0.45, Hero calls €0.45

TURN [4 :spade:] [€1.50]
      SB bets €1.00, Hero calls €1.00

RIVER [K :club:] [€3.50]
      SB Checks, Hero Checks

Hero: shows [A :club: T :spade:]
      SB: shows [Q :heart: 5 :heart:]
      Hero wins €3.29 with a flush, queen high

Preflop: Hand is easily good enough to call but should we 3bet? I think it wouldn't be that bad but as I'm not keen on folding to a 4bet with it or jamming it I prefer to call.

Flop: Seems like a fairly big cbet, which you can fairly say makes sense if opponent sees the flop as super drawy 3 spades. I think this hand is good enough to call vs a pretty wide Open range + cbet. I could conceive raising this as a bluff but then I think I'd just be raising way too much.

Turn: I think its interesting what to make of this 2/3psB now we hit our mid-strength flush. In a blind-battle it feels like his can be wide enough for us to just call here. This villain seems to be fairly aggressive, he makes some big slow-plays from time to time and misses some fairly easy light value-bets which make me a lot happier in calling this turn.
      I am planning to fold river to another bet because It doesn't seem to me like my range will be one that is planning to fold many rivers after calling turn.

River: He checks which makes me think I was correct that he wouldn't just shut down on turn without a spade but has done now. He could theoretically have a slightly lower spade but that seems very doubtful to me somehow.

Those where my thoughts, or at least, as close as I can get to them on paper. I'm not confident in my analysis though and definitely feel like I need some way to prove my line is correct. Also, what to do versus an average villain rather than this particular one is something that does also concern me. I think its a spot where people will in general be very unbalanced.

Comments welcome :)
    • DaPhunk
      The next hand is here! What range should I call this turn check/jam with?

Hero (BU) (€20.13)
      SB (Folded preflop)
      BB (€29.24)
      CO (€24.80)

Dealt to BU Hero [9♠ 9 :club:]
      CO calls €0.20, Hero raises €0.60 to €0.80, 1 fold, BB Calls €0.60 , CO Calls €0.60

FLOP [4 :diamond: K :club: 9 :heart:] [€2.50]
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets €1.50, BB calls €1.50, 1 fold

TURN [2 :heart:] [€5.50]
      BB checks, Hero bets €4
      , BB bets €26.94 and is all-in, Hero calls €13.83 and is all-in, €9.11 returned to BB

RIVER [T :diamond:] [€41.16]

Hero shows [9 :spade: 9 :club:]
      BB shows [A :club: K :diamond:]

Hero wins €38.70 with three of a kind, nines

Preflop: Standard raise, I'm thinking about making my ISO size bigger though.

Flop: I think my sizing is pretty good on this flop texture. My game-plan is to make almost all my sizings roughly the same with my whole betting or raising range. I for sure get paranoid making it too much smaller or bigger with different parts of my range even though my opponents are highly unlikely to notice.

Turn: My relative sizing here increases with the added draws on the board, but should it? Well, it helps me get value and protect, but is villains range necessarily one I should be protecting against? If he doesn't call a whole ton of back-doors on flop then I think not but I can still get more money out of a King with this bet so I'm sticking with it.

He quickly jams turn anyway which I believe is a highly imbalanced play. The range I can imagine him somehow having and jamming here:
      44, 22, K9, K4s, K2s, JThh, QJhh, QThh, Axhh

Versus that range AK has 35.37%, I believe I had to call €13.83 for a final pot (after rake) of €38.70 which means I need to win 35.7% of the time.

Soooo, my range of "made hands" cannot quite include AK and must then be 2pair+. It also seems that If I want to call with a draw it would have to have some sort of astonishing 18 outs or so to be feasible. Not particularly possible in this instance and AK becomes a lot worse against that range if you hold the Ah as well as that actually blocks villain bluff range.

Anyway, not sure what villains actual range is as he ended up having AK but what the heh, good to play around with Equilator again :)
    • DaPhunk
      This next hand I'm not sure on the solution to. I want to think in ranges and think what could be a GTO approximation and then see how I can differ when I know my opponent leaks.

€0.05/€0.10, Texas Hold'em NL 5-max Seat

Hero(BU) (€15.50 in chips)
      HJ (€17.13 in chips)

Hero (BU) dealt [J :heart: Q :diamond:]

HJ raises €0.40 to €0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls €0.50, 2 folds.

FLOP [T:club: K:heart: A :club:] [€1.20]

HJ checks, Hero bets €0.80, HJ raises €1.80 to €2.60, Hero raises €14.20 to €15 and is all-in, HJ calls €12.40.

TURN [J♠]
      RIVER [4:diamond:]

Hero shows [J:heart: Q:diamond:]
      HJ shows shows [T:heart: K♠]
      Hero wins €29.29 with a straight, ace high

So, preflop I guess is ok, maybe some people would complain about it though. Should be fine on NL10 though.

Flop bet is easy, but when I get check-raised I definitely don't know for sure what I'm doing with my range. I don't have the balls to balance if I 3bet for value thats for sure, not that I need to right here of course.

If I'm honest due to how strong I perceive this move to be I probably just get too scared without straight or possibly top set to 3bet so would be often be calling for pot-control and to hit full-house outs. I think I actually need suggestions on this one on what to do with my range and how to proceed on later streets, it could get very ugly indeed!
    • DaPhunk
      Next hand is a simple one I guess. I just wasn't sure of what my flop equity was.

€0.10/€0.20, Texas Hold'em NL 4-Handed

Hero[BB] (€25.15 in chips)
      SB (€13.61 in chips)
      BB (€6.93 in chips)

Dealt to Hero(BU) [J :club: 8♠]

1 fold, Hero raises €0.30 to €0.50, SB calls, BB calls.

FLOP [9 :club: 6 :diamond: T :spade:] [€1.50]

SB Checks, BB checks, Hero bets €1, SB Calls, BB bets €6.43 and is all-in, Hero ???

Hero has to call €5.43 into a current pot of €9.93.

So this spot it looks like I need to win the pot a bit more than one third of the time if I ignore the fact that SB is in the hand and could give me more action. An OESD is a pretty good draw so I should call versus a shortstack right?

It didn't seem so simple to me. The price seems wrong and I'm aware my OESD here is only the 2nd best plus can be drawing to unclean outs, thus I am not even entirely sure how many outs I actually have.

If I am to assume that 99% of the time all 7's are clean, that 1/3rd of the time a J is clean, and 75% of the time a Q is clean that just about adds up to 8 outs and would mean 32% to hit. Lower than required for me to call. Assuming he doesn't go crazy with 85o I also don't dominate any draws.

Holding QJ I think it would be closer, especially if it was suited and had back-door potential. I'm not entirely convinced about that hand either though!
    • DaPhunk
      A Heads-Up hand now. Villain used to be crazy LAG type with huge sizings but has now changed his game and seems to play kind of NitTag style.

€0.05/€0.10, Texas Hold'em NL Heads-Up

BU (€11.40 in chips)
      Hero BB (€10.90 in chips)

Dealt to Hero [BB] [8 :club: 8 :diamond:]

BU raises to €0.20, Hero Calls.

FLOP [3 :diamond: 4 :heart: 9 :heart:] [€0.40]

Hero checks, BU checks

TURN [K :spade:] [€0.40]

Hero checks, BU bets €0.25, Hero calls

RIVER [7 :diamond:] [€0.90]
      Hero checks, BU bets €0.75, Hero folds

Preflop: This villain never 4bets but calls most 3bets which makes it uncomfortable to 3bet as I won't get to Jam ever. Call is much nicer.

Flop: Villain does check back quite a few flops and could Ahi to a bet. I think it would be nice to perhaps but this hand in a balanced flopdonk range on this sort of board versus someone who doesn't cbet so much.

Turn: It seems reasonable for him to bet Khi turn with some range of hands and I'm quite a long way up my own hand-range so I think calling is mandatory. I think villain specific I can expect him to check back river a lot after betting this turn.

River: Betsizing increases and I think folding is the best play versus this particular opponent who from what I have seen only valuebets rivers.

Note: When I have some reads this hand feels like it can play itself apart from flop where I can probably go either way. However, without reads I have no clear idea what to do in this hand, Is it an easy call? Is it an easy fold because most villains won't bluff twice? If someone could enlighten me as to a sort of GTO decision here that would be helpful.

I cross-posted this one on the HU board Here!
    • DaPhunk
      This is a short-hand where my decision was changed by some betsizing that I thought was unusual.

BU: (€25.54 in chips)
      SB: (€25.74 in chips)
      BB: Hero (€19.83 in chips)
      CO: (€30.68 in chips)

Dealt to Hero BB [A :heart: Q :club:]

CO raises €0.50 to €0.70, 2 folds, Hero calls €0.50

FLOP [K :heart: 7 :club: J :heart:] [€1.50]

Hero checks, CO bets €1.50, Hero ????

Preflop: 3bet might be better. Although I feel like I've been struggling OOP in 3bet pots recently this guy plays pretty face-up post-flop 9or at least used to). Only issue is that I don't really feel I can get much value on an Ahi board versus him.

Flop: I was thinking whether to put this in my C/C range or C/R range. My C/R range is very made-hand heavy/strong at the moment and it feels like if there is a hand to C/R its this one.

Otherwise my C/C range is just TP and draws and any opponent who is looking will see I'm strong when I do eventually C/R.

Anyway, when he bets pot, these Ideas suddenly go out the window and I find myself trying to re-evaluate his range. I have my own suspicions on what that means for this particular opponent but versus your 'average' run of the mill type I'm not sure.

(For this opponent I think its normally strong as he seems fairly ABC in cbet spots and is just expecting a lot of calls on this drawy flop while holding a value hand).
    • DaPhunk
      Made Up Hand!!!!

So am going to attempt a sort of GTO range analysis.

6max NL100 100bb stacks. Hero is on BU.

Dealt to Hero: [A range] (We open 60% range when folded to)

3 folds, Hero bets 2BB, SB 3bets to 7BB, 1 folds, Hero????

Analysis: We want to defend enough so that SB cannot 3bet ATC with a profit.
      If we fold more than [6.5/(7+1+200]x100 % i.e 65% he would profit. So we defend a minimum of 35%.

4bet hands: If we are taking a somewhat old-school 4bet/Jam range of JJ+ AK we need to add some 4bet bluff hands. (I'm going to simplify here and just go for a 50/50 range assuming our villain is the type who just jams rather than 5betting small)

So JJ+AK is 40 combos and A6s-A9s, A9o-A8o is 40 combos of 4bet/folds.

Calling hands: Adding 5% to required calling range because villain realises some equity when we just call. We are looking for 210 combos to make 280 defence combos alltogether.

Sample defense: ATo-AQo, KQo, 33-TT, A5s-A2s, AQs-ATs, K8s+ QTs+ suited gappers 75s or better, SCs 54s or better.

Imagine We call.

K :spade: 9 :diamond: 5 :heart: [15BB]

SB Bets 8BB, Hero????

This dry flop is one where I believe raising as part of our defence will be exploitative and would make our continuation range by calling vulnerable so I choose to call or fold. We need to call [1- 8/(8+15)]*100 = 65.2% to stop him bluffing ATC profitably.

If we call any pair and gut-shot or better that is 113/177 hands or 63.84% So if we add a couple of Ahi hands we should make the 65.2%.

5 :spade: [31BB]

SB bets 18BB, Hero????

[1- 18/(18+31)] * 100 = 63.26% defence required.

According to Equilab we have now have 107 combos taking into account blocking by the board so need to defend about 68. We can now fold 33-44 and gut-shots to leave us with 71 combos so a couple more than needed.

On this street I tried to think about whether we should have a raising range or not but found things getting to complicated so am sticking with just calling.

6 :spade: [67BB]

SB goes ALL-IN 67BB, We continue 50% by calling.

This is where it gets tricky with Equilab not distinguishing various hands from each other, but I digress.

We have 62 combos so need to call 31. We have 15 trips+ 2 combos of K9, and get 15 combos of KQ, KJs (folding 1 KJs)

We fold K8 9x, 77, 88 and TT for our final solution. We call K9 KQ 3 KJs and trips or better.
      Hi Daphunk,

Welcome back to the blogs :)

Really nice read and promising blog,

I'm definitely subbed :s_cool: ,

Also, there are some free image hosting websites, I always find something when type "upload image" in the google. (I'm a noob I know :D )

Best of luck,
    • DaPhunk
      Yay! A reader! Thanks for stopping by and sharing the image tip :f_cool:

I now have more motivation to keep up with the hand postings! I shall post a brief update of what I am doing at the moment and have been doing recently.

• This winter I did not do much skiing, but did do a month-long europe trip
      • I have been doing a lot of climbing at the local climbing wall, much fun!
      • I am building rolls on 3 sites at the same time (traffic reasons) and have a BRM plan adjusted accordingly
      • I recently took part in a raked hands race on an unaffiliated site and came 3rd which is nice
      • I am planning a schedule amongst other things to try and get the most from my time

Stars is the only site I currently have HEM working for so no interesting graphs yet, but hopefully soon I'll get it working with one of my other two so I can post something.

Will be back tomorrow to post a hand :D
    • DaPhunk
      Hello All, Today I will post a hand I played where I deliberately misplayed to try and work out how a LAG/slightly maniac style villain would play vs a flopcheck.

BRM thoughts:
      When you are building several rolls at the same time like It seems important to think how we are going to manage our bankroll and BRM concerning which stakes we are going to play. Here are some thoughts on the process:

• If we use our normal BRM and split our time evenly we move up 1/3 as slowly on 3 sites.
      • We can potentially limit our bonuses by splitting our time
      • Multi-siting is perfect for when you have a site with a soft but very small player pool
      • If we have an fast e-wallet we could potentially use this to move money around to wherever we need it and use a BRM regarding "E-Wallet + site balances A B and C" to move up the fastest
      • If we don't want to move our roll around on a daily basis we can't simply add all our bankrolls together
      • Multisiting should let us be more aggressive BRM wise on each site
      • The play at each site will be different so should perhaps be given different BRM per site.

My Idea
      I don't really want to move money around all the time so I will try and build all 3 rolls separately but with more aggressive BRM. I can adjust it depending on how tough the site is.

Lets imagine my normal BRM is 30 BI and I play Stars (hardest), 888 (2nd hardest) and PKR (Easiest).

I think I can adjust Stars to a 20 BI BRM, 888 to a 16 BI BRM and PKR to a 12 BI one. That would mean for example, if I play the same limit on all 3 sites I will have a minimum of 48 BI spread across the sites and not the 90 I would have had if I had used my original BRM on each site individually.

I do think I should set one final rule though, that If I am +ev at a particular limit on a site and have over 65-75 BI overall I should play that limit and move around money if needed. This could happen with different volumes on different sites.

BRM will be adjusted a little as we move up the stakes and our win-rate becomes lower.

The Hand

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $3.30
      CO: $2.95
      BTN: $2.12
      SB: $2.87
      BB: $2.37
      UTG: $4.60

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with A Hand Range!
      UTG raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.51) 2 :spade: J :heart: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.51) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.67) 6 :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23

On the flop I found myself wondering what range to bet, and if I have a checking range how much does it matter if its completely undefended and always a fold.

I decided to find out what happens when I check and saw him bet like this twice with KJ Which definitely seems fairly loose to me, but maybe postflop isn't so bad. Question is, how do I use this information in the future and does it help me work out what to do when I cbet?
    • DaPhunk
      A post!

It has been a long time and hardly a Hand per day. However, here is a hand I played on UniBet recently.

Apologies to anyone who dislikes this format, I had to make it myself.

Hero(CO) around 150bb
      (BU) around 120bb
      (BB) around 100bb

Hero has QQ and Opens to 3bb, BU Calls and BB squeezes to 12.55bb

Hero Calls, BU Calls.

Flop (37bb) 7 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 7 :club:
      BB bets 19 bb, Hero calls, BU folds.

Turn (75bb ish) T :spade:
      BB thinks for a while and then shoves 73.7bb all-in

A little bit of explanation:
      Preflop I have a feeling that a lot of villains are 3betting to this size with a fairly tight range and reraising may be isolating myself vs better when I could just get tons of value by calling. It also helps my defending range that calls. I do understand people who want to 4bet purely because BU is in the hand and is a Reg and want to stop him set/flushmining.

He thinks a little and then bets fairly small into two people. I think a lot of people shut down with nothing here but feel obliged to bet TT+ AKdd AQdd KQdd if they have those hands. The smaller size may indicate a hand like JJ or even KQdd rather than one of his AA combos, but players do like to get exceedingly tricky and trappy here.

This feels like he either:
      A) Sees he has pot left and thinks he has to get it in with his TT+ JJ+ AKdd AQdd or whatever he bet flop with
      B) Starts putting us squarely on a high air (TT JJ QQ) or strong FD and thus only shoves AA, KK occasionally QQ and his AdKd

In Case A) we have 32.39% equity against TT+ AKdd AQdd KQdd

In Case B) we have 12.34%

There is a case C) where I have got his range completely wrong maybe even because he is a whale and he shows up with a hand like 55 or K5dd :f_cool:

I crossposted this in the NLHE hand evaluation forum here.

I can post a graph from one of my sites as well, asking the question, "How much would I win if there was no rake?". The rakeback line here is set to 100% to show how much the rake costs you (these are euros also not $'s):

here is a graph of some recent stars play where I started off messing around on NL2 before moving up to NL5 and 10. That breakeven stretch where I'm losing is all NL2 :f_biggrin: I somehow completely forgot how to play there and was somehow getting crushed all the time!