16836 15's

• vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I'm not new to the English community, but I haven't been active past couple of years, as I started beeing super active in the Romanian community, when it first started, and trying to make it grow as a SNG coach, video producer and hand evaluator.
      This is my last successful Blog in the English community :)

The reason I'm starting this blog, is first of all, motivation, as I see there are a lot more grinders on the same limit in this community than in ours, and because I'm planning on starting to give private coachings, for now I have been super busy, with Uni and haven't really had the time for that, but now I'm super commited, I have a lot of experience beeing a coach for Romanian community for 5 years now, and have helped a lot of players developing their game for free in private coachings (this is not possible anymore due to life obligations, and almost no spare time, but still I am giving 1 free private coaching per week, for my loyal students in the pokerstrategy coaching).

The main objective for this blog will be getting Supernova on stars as quick as possible, but before 26th of may, so I it WILL be challenging, as I'm planning on playing mostly 15$ 6max sngs, reason for this is me wanting to get a steady profit and to end up with aprox 15k bankroll, which I will use to play different games, and probably will quit playing sng's and switch to cash where I had very good experience, but didn't really commit as I had lots of different life things going on, and to be honest I was also a little bit lazy to chase. Had also a decent experience playing mtt's but found them pretty tilting and frustrating, so for now I won't be playing much of those.

I will try to end this long post here (btw the name of this blog is the number of 15$ 6 max sngs I need to play to get supernova, the actual number will be a little lower as I allready played some tourneys, and the anniversary Sunday mill), and leave you with my graph on 6 max 15's

I still need to play 13057 games to finish this task, and I will try to achieve this by multitabling 15-20 games, depending on actual field.
  • 15 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey vladd20,

Welcome back to the English blogs. :)

Are you playing hypers or just normal turbos and is there any particular reason why 26th May?

Cheers

Laz
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Welcome - awesome blog :)

I will take a wild guess and say that you are rrrroth ? I don't know many Romanian players on 15s except you and Mira but Mira is in coaching/staking deal so I guess you are the only one left!

I respect your aggressive game and you will make very nice money on 15s while chasing SN. Volume should not be the problem as Elio is playing 200-250 a day filling tables all the times.
      Weekends are best to play cause there is 3 fishes per table on average if you are looking for more pre RB winnings but I think you shouldn't worry about it with your skill.

Will follow the blog and all the best with your grind and results!

P.S. Why switch to cash later, better hourly, more challenging or something else? Also if you are not rrrroth all the best with your challenge and awesome results so far :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi vladd,

Subbed for the challenging journey,

I'm also interested if these are hyper's or turbo's?

Best of luck,
      Fran :s_biggrin:
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      @Lazza61 normal turbos, 26th may because I needed to set a deadline, and thought that it would be nice to be just before the quarterly Supernova freeroll :) , which I plan to win :) )

@IvicaIliev77 your guess is correct sir :) , thanks for the kind words, I also respect your game, that's why sometimes we take weird lines one against another :) , Elio is a beast (playing well and multitabling way more than us, I scooped the lobby to see how many he is playing and once found him 30tabling) and yes I do hope to make 250 a day for this challenge, and I managed that some days, other days I wasn't as organised and didn't manage to put that volume, now on I'll try to stick to 250 a day, because I will have to take some days off in this period. Switching to cash would be for better hourly and for me to learn the game even more, I allready had a good experience playing nl25 on stars multitabling 8 6max games for 60k hands around 12bb/100h, but I lost my motivation somewhere in between, and stopped playing (the nature of cashgames is not motivating, like sng's where you compete with others, maybe that's the reason). If I start playing cash I will need some clear objectives to keep me motivated and going.

@FFRRAANNKKIIEE these are turbos ;)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Great to hear you are indeed rrrroth ! Yes I agree with you, we had some very interesting lines with each other. In my blog somebody asked me recently to name best regs on 15s. I named Elio, FishonPatrol and you among couple other guys.
      Definitely I don't like having you in my games as we decrease each others ROI long term. On the other hand I guarantee we both learn and improve faster then expected this way cause we face tougher field.
      Have you considered shooting 30s? They are way softer then 15s now, 15s have more aggro regs like us while 30s have nitty regs unknowns and fish or two per table.

Would definitely like to talk to you more, sent you friend request via community tool, will send you my skype in the message after you confirm it.

All the best with your challenge and hope not to see you at too many of my tables :D

P.S. I also scooped Elio and saw 30 tables but it ain't right, sharcope goes crazy like that , I believe he is doing 25 tables max ... I am currently on 17 this month will try to get 3% EV roi without table selection this month (will be very hard additional 2 tables take my edge in HU :(
    • Megalodon1988
      Megalodon1988
      Bronze
      Hi

Scope shows all the SNG-s which have not finished as "running" if you search for a player. This is a reason behind that 30 tabling assumption is wrong. It is more like 16-20 tabling in my opinion.

Best of luck you guys
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      No you got me wrong I wanted to say, I manually counted the games he was in, he was 30 tabling for sure, I don't know if he's regularly doin that, but that day he was 30 tabling, he might play different numbers, as sometimes he's playing really well adapting pretty fast and other times he just doesnt seem that sharp.

Yeah i'm not thrilled either when I see good players on my tables but generally I don't table select anybody out, just trying not the be stupid and load tables which allready have a bunch of regs in, if others would do that, we wouldn't have to play 6 regs on some tables.

Best of luck achieving the 3% roi with 17 tabling, it's achievable. Btw you really have improved in last 3 months or so, before this you had some leaks, now there is not much to pick on :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      He is a beast no doubt and definitely agree with you that his game changes a lot with the multi tabling and mood I guess. I have caught him doing some crazy plays vs me in early game , also super light calling me post flop 3 barrels and in HU going super crazy with very bad plays. On the other days he is value betting very well , readjusting and playing super solid game. I checked his ROI he is close to 3% ROI with this mass multi tabling and he has improved his HU game which helped him definitely.

I agree with you about not table selecting, I don't do it neither but it is definitely crazy to enter game where there is Elio, FishonPatrol, You, Lsaik or Kamenice etc. Who will make money in that game? Its like going to the prom and every game somebody else will be the prom queen who will get screwed lol I make this joke with my brother and best friend in the office cause every time before I start grinding I see Elio and minimum 1 or 2 more regs in the lobbies :D

Thanks for your observation, you are spot on man.
      I wrote in my blog, before Decembar I had 4-5 leaks and also tilt problems (tons of reg wars and unnecessary leveling). Believe it or not all it took for me to fix those leaks was:
      1) Finish whole mental game of poker and do the work from it (especially for tilt)
      2) Every day work on hands that saw showdown (200 hands minimum a day)
      3) Finally sat down and constructed my HU ranges really well

Until this month from December while 15 tabling my ROI was between 3-4% EV. So yes it is definitely possible to have 3% ROI without table selection.
      I am however this month starting to play 17 tables because I have more coaching obligations (coaching 6 guys now 2-3 sessions per week, coached 60-70 hours in February alone!) , so I basically want to in future play as many tables as possible, invest little time and increase my hourly.
      My hourly is now 30ish $ anytime of the day which is cool considering all the reg infestation on our limit.

Best of luck with your grind and yesterday we pretty much had identical day ;)

P.S. Sent you a message with my skype, see you there soon!
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Nice to see you here, Sir. :)
      GL with your plans and see you at the tables. :f_cool:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      When reading yours and Ivica's posts I feel jelly a little bit on your little community, it sounds like there are few of you guys crushing all recs coming your way at 6max turbo's.

Definetely glade I'm in for this journey,

Keep us updated :) :s_grin:
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      @klompa thanks you too

@FFRRAANNKKIIEE yeah, also crushing guys who want to go up from 7's, I always try to welcome them as well as I can :) , don't worry tho, we wont be here forever :)

@IvicaIliev77 I pretty much adjusted really good against him and now I'm not table selecting him at all, because I think I have a big edge on him, from his tendency to do stupid unbalanced things :) , hope he isn't reading this :) )), but enough of him :)
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      Since I started this blog I have played 360 games, I'm not happy with my volume, should be higher but sunday was really tough because I partied hard saturday night, and went to sleep at 7 30 am after I opened this blog :) )

This night I managed to piss of a regular, not sure why, maybe he was frustrated of me putting him in tough spots or maybe I sucked out on him on a few tables (I don't tend to follow the hand to the river so I'm not sure), he called me a retard, and I just made fun of him saying HU for rollz, then he went mad :) )). Started leveling so bad against me, this is one funny hand, which shows what tilt can do to decent player:
      http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7887021_DC0230DE7F

Actually that line isn't in my repertoire, but I just knew he will level himself bad enough for it to work :) ), i'm not going to say his name as I don't know if he's a member of this community, and I don't want to embarass him, even if he was rude.
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Hi, I also followed your blog. You had one in the past too.

Hu4Rollz is the best idea.

And yes, you should put in more volume :P
    • georgelboss
      georgelboss
      Bronze
      no more updates??
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by georgelboss
      no more updates??
      +1 :(