simple omaha question

• 7 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi ilovemagic,

Moved this to our PLO forum for you, seems more appropriate there.

Regarding your question, I'm a PLO fish so I'll leave that one to the experts ;)

Regards,
      Tino
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

playing 30-40% of hands is basically playing very very loose, too loose even. You also have to go AI with big draws and near nut hands to succed.
      Obviously your question is very wide, and very tough to answer, but in general you can definetly play basic ABC and win at least on PLO10 without too much trouble. With some adjustment you can win plo25 as well.

Regards,

Skod
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      30-40% is nowhere near playing tight. :D

EDIT: In FR "nut peddling" is almost a must-to-do, but in 6-max? I don't know.
      If you play some big site like Pokerstars, because of a large numbers of bad players, i think you just might have a small chance to be even a BE player.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Among the regs who play nutpeddling, most of them are breakeven. There are players who play with 8/4/0 stats with big sample size. The amount they win somewhat equals to the amount they lose from blinds and rake.
    • MrTrocks
      MrTrocks
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      is it possible to play super tight at the micro stakes like playing 30-40% of hands and playing only the nuts all in and being a winner ?
      30-40% haha super Tight..

okay i think when u start its okay to play tight like lets say 16/12 or so. and then when u get practice you can loose up and try 20/16 and so on
    • imstoked
      imstoked
      Bronze
      Could a coach clarify, if Omaha is beatable at the micros? I mean there are tons of fish, but I'm losing so far. Am I expected to play breakeven because of the rake?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imstoked
      Could a coach clarify, if Omaha is beatable at the micros? I mean there are tons of fish, but I'm losing so far. Am I expected to play breakeven because of the rake?
      Hey,

obviously the micros, as any limit, is beatable.

For example, this is my plo25 graph that's a year old, and it was before they reduced the rake at pokerstars. And obviously i was a 10 times worse player then i am now.

Regards,

Skod