Question about pokerstars and talking to friends

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      So i have a friend who i sometimes talk to through pokerstars when he's not on skype, and basically he's scared that we might get banned for being friends talking through the site, and also the fact i've said to him "come on skype" through pokerstars before.

Is this violating any of their terms and conditions? Should i not be saying that? Or is this fine?

Thanks alot
  • 11 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      by the way, it's through Zoom poker cash games where we talk.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi Decmate,

Moved to pokerstars forum,

I have zero experience in situations like this one, so you might wait for someone else to reply. My personal opinion is as far as you don't speak about something which influences play decisions in some hands you should be fine, but again, take it with reserve please and wait for more specific reply please.

Cheers,
      Fran
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      That shouldn't be a problem, as long as you're chatting in English, don't talk about your cards etc. (which could qualify as collusion in some situations), share personal details or flood the chat to the point that it becomes completely drown out by your conversation and normal chatting becomes difficult.

Are you both playing or is one of you an observer?
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hi,

while i have no experience with that, it's better to avoid showing you know someone you play against; especially knowing him good enough to say to him come to skype.

It can definetly be a warning sign for Stars, so i would avoid that even tough you are not doing anything wrong per se. But saying to someone "come to skype" in the middle of a hand where someone loses might get you reported or something. It can then be hard to argue you didn't want to talk about a hand you won, but rather how you'r friend's day has been going :)

Regards,

Skod
    • ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      It was hand when i opened, he 3betted me, and wrote it 'come on skype'. I 4betted it him and took it down.

I'm pretty panicked now, what should we do ? Just wait or ?

It was zoom cash game table, it's really against TOS in MTT, SNG, even regular cash game tables, but in zoom tables we met like 4 times, and I played hands against him like other player. :(
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ImpasX
      It was hand when i opened, he 3betted me, and wrote it 'come on skype'. I 4betted it him and took it down.

I'm pretty panicked now, what should we do ? Just wait or ?

It was zoom cash game table, it's really against TOS in MTT, SNG, even regular cash game tables, but in zoom tables we met like 4 times, and I played hands against him like other player. :(
      No need to panic. Even if this was considered a violation of the rules, I'm pretty sure they don't monitor the chat of every table, especially in Zoom games.

Just be a little more careful with this kind of stuff in the future.
    • ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      Yes, well we didn't do anything wrong, just the fact it would be hard to prove that we didn't.

There is hand history with him of hands i've played, so no soft-playing or so.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      well the chat is there for chat so if u use it to chat u should be ok.

the fact that u worried is more puzzling to me. especially as you are a gold member the question seems strange. or maybe it is just the cynical side of me.
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ImpasX
      Yes, well we didn't do anything wrong, just the fact it would be hard to prove that we didn't.
      But it's also impossible for them to prove that you DID something wrong. Word againts the word, I don't think that you can get banned or anything like that just based on the fact that you had the possibility of cheating.

I would guess that you get a warning but nothing more from stars if they decide to do something.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      To be honest, i'm not worried. We haven't done anything wrong and with over a million players on pokerstars i doubt they monitor the chat, it would take a HUGE team of staff to monitor all tables all the time - plus it was zoom, PLUS, we didn't do anything lol so, Impax chill yo beans! I won't say anything next time though. So it's cool. And if we do get F'd up, i'll take the blame. :f_cool:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by Skodljivec
      Hi,

while i have no experience with that, it's better to avoid showing you know someone you play against; especially knowing him good enough to say to him come to skype.

It can definetly be a warning sign for Stars, so i would avoid that even tough you are not doing anything wrong per se. But saying to someone "come to skype" in the middle of a hand where someone loses might get you reported or something. It can then be hard to argue you didn't want to talk about a hand you won, but rather how you'r friend's day has been going :)

Regards,

Skod
      I think this is a very good advice.
      Thx Skod.