• appelmann
      Hi pokerstrategy,

I am Pim a 20-year old student from the Netherlands. I love playing games ranging from board games to online poker. The thrill of getting better and being competitive gives me a rush. Since 2010 I've been playing poker but mostly lost my bankroll about 10 times xD . Two weeks ago I started studying poker more serious. With reading more books like harrington and supersystems.
      I think this is my first serious step to becoming a better poker player.
  • 3 replies
    • legand73
      Hey appelmann

Good work on signing up to take the beginner's course, definitely a +EV play :D

Any chance you feel like elaborating a bit more on your answers just to give the coach more depth to work with when looking at your homework. For example what do you think makes you tilt? What are your other weaknesses? do you open too wide? Things like this :)

• appelmann
      Thank you for responding so fast and for welcoming me to the beginners course :D .

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I want to become better at poker. The last few days i've been active on pokerstrategy posting and watching coaching, which I really enjoyed. Maybe ill try to become an expert at pokerstrategy.
      But my main goal now is to earn some money with poker!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Tilting and not being able to fold high pocket pairs. Its only since recently that i've watched coachings that I realised there are to much concepts left to explore that I can even think of doing nl 5 +. I really enjoyed the first beginners course lesson in which veriz(i think) stated that you play to micro limits to improve your game so you can be profitable in the higher stake games.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

It means being selective with the hands you play and using an agressive playing style which wil, if used correctly, make the most money over the long run.
    • BogdanPS
      Hello psyxxx74,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good work with the first homework !!!

Best of luck at the tables and keep us up to date !!!