Poker tracker proper folds

• Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      Hi there.

My question is if there is a way to confirm that my push strategy in sng is correct. For example using the All-in equity graph. When I look at this graph with hands played and prize selected my graph are closely correlated.

tHANKS
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I don't know if there is in PokerTracker itself, but this on-line nash calculator might help.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Noname81
      Hi there.

My question is if there is a way to confirm that my push strategy in sng is correct. For example using the All-in equity graph. When I look at this graph with hands played and prize selected my graph are closely correlated.

tHANKS
      Yes, we include ICM push equity within the PokerTracker 4 replayer, we are the only tracking tool that provides this by default and at no additional charge, ICM Simulation can occur at any final table provided that PokerTracker knows the payout structure either via our built in Tournament Detection (works best on SNGs or fixed size tournaments) or due to to inclusion of Tournament Summaries along with the hand histories saved by your poker client - not all poker clients have this ability however.

All-In Equity is a measurement of expectation once you get it in vs another player or players who all have a share of equity in the pot and each hand is known. All-In Equity does not correlate with ICM push/fold optimal strategies therefore we advise using the replayer for reviewing ICM Simulation equities instead.

PS: NASH is not ICM, that is a very common misunderstanding. A NASH strategy incorporates ICM, but it is not the same thing as ICM. PokerTracker does not support NASH strategies, NASH is a game theory play strategy that is optimised to assume your opponent is also making a game theory optimal decisions. The NASH strategy is correlated with prize pool expectation calculated by using the ICM value of each chip at that point in the tournament. In reality NASH is not optimal except when world class players are playing against one another, in most scenarios an exploitive strategy is better than a NASH strategy.