Beginner BRM

• lufc11
      lufc11
      Basic
      I've read a lot of articles on various BRM tips/strategy, but cant seem to find anything on how much of your bankroll you should/shouldn't have in play at once when playing MTT's. Or is it just a case of having 100 buy ins and playing through them win or lose?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      You can read about it in this article.

100 buy-ins is a good rule for MTTs. You could possibly even be a little more conservative, since MTTs are extremely variance-heavy.

Hope that helps.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I am not an MTT player but I'm pretty sure 100BI is from when MTTs were insanely soft and that standard brm now is 200-400BI.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi lufc1,

I've moved your thread to our MTT forum, it should be able to get a proper response there!

Overall I'd have to agree with metza, 100 BI usually doesn't cut it anymore these days and most people will recommend 200-400 BI dependent on where you play and what fields you play etc.

Regards,
      Tino
    • lufc11
      lufc11
      Basic
      Thanks for the input guys
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      The tendency for MTT guys is also to play using ABI Average Buy Ins, so if they have brm of 200 ABI that is $1000, their ABI is $5, so if they play 33% $1 MTT 33% $3 MTTs and 33% $11 MTTs they'd still have an average buy in of $5.

As for how how much of your br you have in play, I am not too sure about that. I remember Asaban saying it is not totally rigid brm but at the same time you definitely don't keep playing that stake until your 200BI+ are gone. Though if you're playing the lowest stakes possible and can't drop down then I think that IS what you'd do (though hopefully that wouldn't happen).
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey lufc11 =)

For standard tournaments at Pokerstars.eu/Pokerstars.com I recommend 300+ average buyins due to the insane variance of the big player fields.

If you play 180s or tournaments on smaller sites with less runners 200 average buyins should be sufficient.

Regards,
      Asaban