This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH K9s BVB great draw against fish...

• texbball33
      texbball33
      Bronze
      This hand was in the blinds and i felt like the opponent was a complete fish because he's mid-stacked and completing from SB. I hadn't seen him play much, but he'd limp/called a few times...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($8.30)
      SB ($14)
      Hero (BB) ($34.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 9
      1 fold, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) J, 10, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.50) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero?

My question is a general one... normally against these types of mid-stacked fish i only conti bet A/K high boards or if i hit/get a good draw. So I get my draw, conti bet and the turn is a blank. I have a very good feeling that he has a weak J or worse, so what should my turn play look like? I still have 20 outs assuming my K is good and want to set him up for getting his stack if I hit the river so i double barrel right? or is it better against a calling station to check behind and then only bet if I hit the river?

River: 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero?

Let's say i play the turn with a second barrel and the river blanks as well, is it profitable to attempt a bluff, and what is the best way to bluff? Is it good to just push all in, or just bet say 1/2 pot and make it look like a value bet?

I've lost a few of these the last couple of days when i don't hit and I wanted to know if there was anything i could do to get a better result.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      SB is middlestack. Imo you could try to bet turn for value, but checking down is also one option, since if he shoves then you have to call.
      I would bet turn, since sometimes he would fold lower pp and also I´m ahead against draws. Once you bet turn and balnk comes on the river it is best to check behind. You´re ahead his draws and he would call with any pair.