NymXXL´s blog

• NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hello there! My name is Andrew and i am 19 years old management student from Prague (Czech Republic if someone don´t know where Prague is). A have signed on PokerStrategy few months ago and I was playing on Titan poker. But i didn´t like Titan poker at all so I gave myself a little break from poker and I have deposit 390 € to the PokerKings ( Boss media poker rooms are soooo fishy :D and BTW my screen name here is MickyRocks cause somebody already have stolen my nick :evil: ). So i am playing NL 10 fullring BSS, usually multitabling (6-8 tables). I have played poker for something about 6 months, but nothing really serious :P .
      I am playing according to BSS starting hand chart (but maybe with a few excepctions :evil: )
      So I hope I will learn many new informations about poker, improve my game and maybe move up to higher limits ;)
      I am thinking about switching from FL to SH but I have to wait at least when I will make some profit at FL and maybe some advice from SH player would be nice :D .
      Thats all from now and I will bring you my first session report very soon :tongue:
  • 37 replies
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      So I have already played at PokerKings few hours... So tables are very loose with VPIP even more than 30 :D . I have managed to make a profit worth 57 € and I have played 2800 hands. I am playing usually much less hands but I want to be able to read many new silver articles so I have to play a lot :D . I have PokerTracker 2.16.03d and I have abolutely no idea how to export my stats and session graph here into this post, any idea :) ? So I will type my stats. Thank you for you analysing my stats and I'm looking forward to everyones criticisms ;)
      Total hands: 2816. VPIP: 10,05. BB/100 hands: 10,23. WTSD 21,82. PFR: 5,18. Total AF: 3,62.
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      I have managed to become a silver status member today :D . I was reading many new articles, especially the ones about omaha. I am not very good at it but my opponents neither :) So I hope I will play PLO with some profit because I couldn´t find any articles about PLO on the internet. My bankroll now is something about 445 € and I hope my bankroll will be soon enough big for playing NL 25 ( 200 € more). I want to read some book about NL holdem, probably No Limit Hold 'em Theory and Practice.
      I am going to buy it as soon as possible to fix many of my leak in my play :P . And today, I was playing some live poker but loose even I have played only 3 hands ( AK,QQ,66) and I lost all my stack but nothing really big at least :D .
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Today I have played my first SH session. I read article about switching from from full ring to shorthanded. As i was adviced I started playing just 2 tables but I moved very soon to 5 tables and I was quite successful. I have won 77 € so my bankroll is 513 € right now. I was playing fullring all the time before but I am thinking about switching to SH permanently due to many fishes here ( maybe I can say the whole ocean of them :P ). Some player today was calling my preflop raise (AA) with 72s and was calling me to the river (he flopped 2 pairs)- it cost him the whole buy-in and when I hit a set on a turn he called me fu**ing fish LOL :D . But should somebody more experienced who is regularly playing SH tables tell me, if should my play differ from play which is explained in article about switching to SH if a table is not 6-max but 5-max? Cause Pokerkings offers only 5-max tables and it isn´t very good for my tight game (at least I think so). Since I don´t have poker elephant I don´t know how to post my stats here :evil: ... Advice would be welcomed...
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi there :) ! I played only 2 sessions since I have wrote my previous post becouse of my university duties but those 2 sessions were BIG upswing even I played only 2k hands :rolleyes: ... I won 116 € and my bankroll is 629 right now so I can play NL 25 finally :D .... I hope there will be no downswings and players will be fishes as well as NL 10 players :tongue: . I will keep you inform and check out this hand under the text ;)

BossMedia Game #1314576041: Table Table TH 70 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:05:07 - 2008/11/10
      Seat 1: Hero ($26.35)
      Seat 4: \Akhilles/ ($9.93)
      Seat 5: sstasek ($13.36)
      Seat 2: Vik66 ($10.00)
      Seat 3: HI ALL ($25.51)
      \Akhilles/ posts the small blind of $0.05
      sstasek posts the big blind of $0.10
      HI ALL is the button
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Hero [Th Tc]
      Hero raises $0.40
      Vik66 calls $0.40
      HI ALL raises $1.90
      \Akhilles/ folds
      sstasek folds
      Hero calls $1.90
      Vik66 folds
      *** FLOP *** [8s Td 2c]
      Hero checks
      HI ALL bets $2.80
      Hero calls $2.80
      *** TURN *** [8s Td 2c] [2h]
      Hero bets $5.00
      HI ALL goes all-in with $20.81
      Hero calls $20.81
      *** RIVER *** [8s Td 2c 2h] [6d]
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $49.00 | Rake $2.57
      Board: [8s Td 2c 2h 6d]
      Hero won ($49.00), showed [Th Tc]
      Vik66 won ($0.00), mucks
      HI ALL won ($0.00), showed [Qh Qc]
      \Akhilles/ won ($0.00), mucks
      sstasek won ($0.00), mucks
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi! I was still on big upswing :D which ended yesterday becouse of my poor gameplay and even my play was soo bad I was luckily break even. My roll is 825 €. NL 25 seems to be more funny for me, players are better and the game is more chalenching :) . But on the other hand, my winrite will be probably lower, but it is not right time for final conclusions becouse of playing just a few thousands hands on NL25. I wanted to post my stats but I don´t know how, I have image in my PC but dunno what to do with some code etc :baby: . I will aks in some more suitable forum for help and hope I will post it.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey NymXXL :)

Good luck establishing yourself on NL25. Be sure to post hands in the hand evaluation forum in order to improve your game. Its probably the best place to fix leaks and to improve your gameplay :)

Good luck at the tables!
      SoyCD
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi all :) . NL25 seems to be more tough then I thought. I have big downswing (well, it was big for me but might seem as a little downswing for all of you) of 180 € ( something about 7 BI). I had pretty sick badbeat :evil: , but on the other hand I played pretty bad as well. So I should post some hands, which I played pretty bad, in the hand evaluation forum in order to improve my game. Now I have roll about 770 € so NL 50 is too far from here but I should pay more attention to NL25 because my winrate is almost one third of my original NL10 winrate. I should also set some goals soooo.....
      MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
      -read all gold members articles
      -post at least 10 hands in hand evaluation forum
      -visit at least 2 coaching
      I hope fulfilment of these goals will bring me nice long term positive winrate on NL25 becouse I want to play NL50 as soon as possible (but with proper bankroll management of course :P )
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Bad times right now for my bankroll. I have just 640 € so I have lost 300 € ( almost one third ). I am not sure if it happens due to bad beats or my bad play X( . I found one serious mistake in my play, when somebody bet too much I always consider it as a bluff and I am making very loose calls, I have analyse my Pokertracker and I found out that I don´t loose money too often but I am making few but very big bad calls and often loose all my stack :evil: . I am probably coming back to NL10 to get my confidence back. And see one example of my bad calls.

Boss Media (IPN) No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - BossMedia Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($35.86)
      UTG ($22.63)
      MP ($21.05)
      Button ($33.74)
      SB ($6.21)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, J
      2 folds, Button calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.62) 6, 2, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, Button calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.62) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, Button calls $1

River: ($3.62) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, Button raises to $31.99 (All-In), Hero calls $31.99 (All-In)

Total pot: $70.10 | Rake: $3

Results:
      Button had 8, 8 (full house, eights over sixes).
      Hero didn't show 6, J (nothing).
      Outcome: Button won $64.60
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi everybody! As I said I was playing NL 10 for a while, just to get my confidence and to rebuild my bankroll a little bit :) . Right now I have won almost all my looses back and my roll is 850 €. I think my game is better right now especially becouse of watching many videos here. I usually underestimated watching these videos and I prefer to read some articles but videos about NL 25 SH were very helpful. I have almost accomplish all my goals ( I have posted just 7 hands instead of 10 but I spoted mistakes in my gameplay on my own so I don´t have to post that much :) ) and right now I am rereading silver and gold articles again. NL 25 seems to be profitable for me again I am trying to avoid some mistakes and its ok for now :D . And BTW I have losted all my hand history in my PT due to accident :evil: ....
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      I can´t make ani profit right now on NL 25 X( . I am playing pretty good and winning few BI and then some suckout and I am break-even. Watch the example. I am pretty pixxxd about it :evil:

Boss Media (IPN) No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - BossMedia Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($32.55)
      MP ($11.49)
      Button ($29.48)
      SB ($50.04)
      BB ($24.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, J
      Hero raises to $1, MP calls $1, 1 fold, SB calls $1, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.37) 9, 8, 10 (4 players)
      SB bets $3, 1 fold, Hero raises to $9.50, 1 fold, SB raises to $48.92 (All-In), Hero calls $22.05 (All-In)

Turn: ($67.47) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($67.47) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $67.47 | Rake: $3

Results:
      SB had J, J (flush, Jack high).
      Hero didn't show Q, J (nothing).
      Outcome: SB won $64.10
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi all :D ! It was long time since my last post. I had not much time for poker becouse of my univeristy duties. Well, NL 25 is pretty swingy for me. But I have managed to make 1000 € and I am looking forward to NL 50. I have a question. Should I move up when I have 25 BI or 30 BI? I usually follow 25 BI rule but I heard it is better to be more conservative when playing NL 50 and up. What do you recommend :P ?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Depends, if you are mentally ready to move down a limit be more aggressive, if not be conservative. Generally more conservative BRM is better (especially in SH). Imo good BRM for SH is 40 buy-ins, but ofc it depends on person.
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hello! I have not much time for poker recently, but I have managed to make some profit :D . Here are my stats from NL25 december. I am worried about my small winrate but it is better then negative winrate I guess ;) . Feel free to comment it!
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      So my roll is 1260 €. I am moving up to NL 50 when my roll will be 1500 € so it means 30 BI and move down when my roll reaches 1000 - 20 BI. I have cleared almost all my bonuses on pokerkings :) so I don´t know which poker site should be my next one becouse I really don´t like pokerkings ( the only one positive thing about it is a huge amount of fishes :D ). Should someone help me? Which site is good for playing NL 50? I was playing NL 10 on FT few months ago and I really enjoyed playing here but players were better then players on boss media sites. I was thinking about FT and Stars becouse their software really rocks but I am not really sure about players. Anyone with more experience - please give me advice :P ....
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      doesn't looks like a small winrate to me. that's over 6 big blinds per 100, right?
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Solid winrate imo. Almost 6.5bb/100. Nice one ;)

edit: One way to make the winrate even bigger is to steal looser like 30%
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Kruppe

doesn't looks like a small winrate to me. that's over 6 big blinds per 100, right?

Yes you are right :) . I actually didn´t realise that 3,2 winrate is PTBB and not just BB per 100 hands LOL :D ....
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hello everybody :) . Since Pokerstrategy ended its partnership with Pokerkings I have cashed out all my bankroll ( 1420 € ) and moved it to Everest poker. I really like the site :D . I started playing NL 50 becouse my roll is now 1840 $ so I have more than 30 BI to play there. And I must say that Everest NL 50 is probably more fishy than Pokerkings NL 25 LOL :D . Two players with VPIP 60+ on table is not something rare and regulars are usually rocks and weak tight. Everest players usually don´t know where fold button is when they have TPGK, draw and so on :P . I even managed to stacked some fish who has just middle pair :P . I have played here just few k hands but I had many sick badbeats on the other hand which makes me angry :evil: . Hope that it will change soon. See this example...

Everest No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Everest Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($49.75)
      Button ($116.05)
      SB ($89.90)
      BB ($45.87)
      UTG ($52)
      MP ($32.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, Button calls $1.75, 1 fold, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 2, J, 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $13, Hero calls $13, 1 fold

Turn: ($31.50) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $31.12 (All-In), Hero calls $31.12

River: ($93.74) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $93.74 | Rake: $3

Results:
      BB had J, A (three of a kind, Jacks).
      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
      Outcome: BB won $90.74

I just called him on such drawless board becouse it looks like WA/WB situation but I really put him on TPGK becouse thats kind of play is pretty standard here :tongue: ...

I have reread all bronze articles again and I want to reread silver and gold as well so I should set up some goals within the end of January sooooo
      MY goals
      - reread silver and gold articles ( 0 )
      - clear my bonus ( 700 SP/ 5000 SP )
      - reach platinum status

And if I will accomplish all my goals I will purchase something nice as a reward for hard work LOL :tongue: ...
    • NymXXL
      NymXXL
      Bronze
      Hi! I am pretty unlucky on Everest right now X( . Even that NL 50 is here fishy as NL 1 if it exists, I am still loosing money. In fact, I have loosed just 250 $ (5 BI ) but the amount of bad beats is horrible. I won many big pots so I am down 5 BI but if I don´t won these big pots against complete idiots which called my push with no draw and Q high I will be probably playing on NL 10.... I have never experienced something like this. I think that I am very calm and patient man but I am asking myself if the whole poker thing is just about luck or skill and I am starting to doubt about the second case . I know its a nonsense but these badbeats really makes me to doubt about importance of skill in poker. And sometimes I am paranoid and have feeling that Everest is rigged :D . Really, I have played just 5 K hands and almost everybody here experienced such a downswing but this one is really terrible. I was down on Pokerkings NL-25 12 BI but this downswing of just 5 BI is more terrible. I loose against 2 outers more than five times, I almost never won when I pushed my set on the turn becouse everybody hit his flush draw or straight draw even when they have absolutly no odds to make the call. And I have monster draw 4 times with 15 outs and never won. 2 times a have ultra monster draw when I have flush and straight draw and 6 overcards which makes it 21 outer and as always, I loosed it. 2 times I had set over set and loosed, flush vs higher flush, straight vs backdoor flush, nuts-flush vs set which turn into full after my push and so on :evil: . Hope that things will be better in near future...