sng wizard or icm trainer?

• ikvaorRNMD
      ikvaorRNMD
      Bronze
      Hey guys! will be appreciate for your help. So the question is, why same situation in different software has a different push range suggestion? I might not understand something. please see attached screenshots. Initially I had a question which software to use to train push fold , so I ve tried them both, but it seems to me(I might be wrong) that same situations has a different solutions, so which one do u guys prefer and why? As for me sng wizard! (not 2) very comfortable to play with ranges hands and position, both when u review your hand and doing a quiz which I think is greayt, but what do u think about it?
      thanks in advance for any replies as this question is a actual for me at the moment! ?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/705x447q90/845/skx5.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/5163/4bj2.png
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Without even looking at the graphs, I can suggest an answer:

The two programs are making different assumptions about ranges.
      In fact, in the dox for SnG Wizard, it says that you must set the ranges yourself, or the results can be misleading.

Borderline cases are the toughest.
      When you hold the nuts, or when you hold crap, the decision is obvious.

However when you hold a mid-range hand, you can't "sorta push".
      It is all or nothing.

It is those borderline hands that make or break an SnG player.

Which is why I play cash games. :coolface:

[Edit: I had a look at the images. ICM Trainer does not have "call" in its options. You need to push or fold. SnG Wiz does have call, but neither of them say "fold" so that is more-or-less agreement]

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Do you have Hero Edge enabled in the ICM Trainer? (check the slider on the bottom right, it should be at 0%)
      A lot of people seem to forget about it, but it can lead to vastly different results.

Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      I had a look at the images. ICM Trainer does not have "call" in its options. You need to push or fold. SnG Wiz does have call, but neither of them say "fold" so that is more-or-less agreement
      Push or call is absolutely identical in this situation, since we have the shorter stack and end up all-in anyway. But I think the question was about the differing ranges, not about the action.