Bug in message system

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Hi!

There is clearly a bug in the message system. It has been there for ages. Pressing the send button may or may not result in a sent message. Sometimes (when it fails) you are notified, sometimes you are not. I'm not the only one who have noticed this.

Suggestion: Fix it :)
  • 3 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi Yohan,

It seems like this might be a problem that only you are experiencing. Could it be that perhaps your internet connection might be causing this?

If you are absolutely sure that that's not the cause, please also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This may sometimes cause problems like this with for example submitting messages or logging in (or submitting any form, for that matter).

Could you please try that out and see if that solves the issue for you? Thanks!

Regards,
      Tino
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      As I said, I know others that are experiencing it.

I'm not going to clear my cookies (I like my cookies :tongue: ), but I can live with the problem as it is. Just check in the outbox, if it's there, it's sent.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      Just check in the outbox, if it's there, it's sent.
      Hi,

that was actually the solution I was going to suggest. Double check if sent, if not - resend. :)

Sometimes it might also happen because of our IT team working on something which results in the Community Tool not working properly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.