PT4 is not working after Windows Update

• GoodFella76
      GoodFella76
      Bronze
      I can not open PT4. It is just not reacting. It worked fine for month now. So it has to do sth with the new Windows Updates from today.

Nothing happens, but if i double click it again it says "software is already running"

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Thx in advance

Kind Regards
  • 6 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Please visit our website, and create a support ticket. We are not familiar with any issues that may have been caused by a recent Windows Update, so we will need to investigate what is occurring on your computer. It is very important for you to create this support ticket because we need to know if it is something that requires a fix, or if it is a problem that is just occurring on your own computer.

Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket.

PS: Before you proceed, please restart your computer and try running PokerTracker 4 again. Let us know what error message you see. You only need to double click once because only one instance of PokerTracker 4 can be running at the same time, the second instance will be ignored and will automatically quit. Sometimes you may see it takes a little while for PokerTracker 4 to load up, this may be caused by slow internet connections between our server and your desktop - when PT4 is launched it downloads new configuration files from our server if required.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Are you running XP by any chance?

I had a problem following the last update where postgresql would not start.

I solved that by granting the postgres user permissions to certain folders.

If that is your situation, let me know.
      --VS
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Edit: Oops, misread the first post and wrote something irrelevant.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Are you running XP by any chance?

I had a problem following the last update where postgresql would not start.

I solved that by granting the postgres user permissions to certain folders.

If that is your situation, let me know.
      --VS
      If PostgreSQL does not start then an error message will appear when PT4 attempts to start that explains that the PostgreSQL server cannot be reached. GoodFella76's description says "Nothing happens, but if i double click it again it says "software is already running"" - this is not typically a Postgres problem.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks for clarifying that.

It was just a suggestion -- I wouldn't know how PT behaves, so it was worth checking.

Peace,
      --VS
    • GoodFella76
      GoodFella76
      Bronze
      Thx for the Replies!

I just deinstalled the new Updates and it works fine now.

But i created a Support Ticket, incase this Problem occurs again.