Player notes

• YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I find taking notes on players is an almost unbearable pain when multitabling. The thing is that the keyboard focus moves on to the chat box in the active table. This is extremely frustrating, and results in misclicks (and slightly cheaper typos) for a clumsy person like me (playing FL and often use keyboard shortcuts).

I fear that if I write to the "user feedback and suggestions department" (if there is one) suggesting to fix this problem, then it will end up together with 10 000 000 other unread suggestions. But if a few (a lot) more would stand behind it, it might get attention.

Is anybody (all!) willing to sign a petition to Stars asking them to solve this problem? It's easily possible, hell, even the iPoker software (otherwise the most user-unfriendly software in the universe) has this functionality. It's configurable whether to move focus or not.
  • 11 replies
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      under !advanced Multitable Options" you can check "don't steal focus from chat and notes"
      then you can finish your typing... sometimes it works for me :D
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NijeVaznoKoSam
      under !advanced Multitable Options" you can check "don't steal focus from chat and notes"
      Yea, this saved me a lot of nerves when I discovered this option :D
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Aha!

I guess no petition then X(

I had the feeling when I posted this that there would be an option somewhere making me look and feel stupid. But that's ok because I am stupid :D
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Another thing that I do that helps:
      I have 2 monitors, and I detach all chat windows and merge them (both options -- I don't have the client open atm, so I can't say where that option is exactly). All the chat/notes boxes are now in the upper corner of my screen.

This way, when I double-click a player, I know exactly where I'm going to be typing next.

I also agree with the poster who suggested the "don't steal focus from chat box" option.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Detach + merge? Detach I knew about, but merge... Do you mean just move them together with the mouse or some nifty built in option?

Big big problem: I don't know if this is only temporary, or just my computer (XP), but when I use the "do not steal focus" option described in #2, then the note-taking works, but the windows awaiting my action are flashing like a stroboscope.

Drives me crazy.

This may be default windows behavior. Before I come out yelling "petition" again, I'll try to find out if it can be fixed in some other way.

Edit: Yup! The application becomes a stroboscope if and only if the "do not steal focus" option is checked. I think this is a major flaw. Anyone else likes the flashing of multiple windows? Accompanied with the immediate attention beep (or boop, whatever), it is enough to send me to an institution. Goddamned, fix it Stars! X(
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi YohanN7
      This might help:
      In Main Lobby Options Menu
      Under Hotkey Settings:
      clear "Highlight Target Table"

If you're not using Hotkeys, consider disabling them (button on the right should not have a green hightlight)

Also on main lobby menu, under "Advanced Multi-Table Options", unless you are stacking or overlapping tables, you can safely clear "Popup table whenever user action is required"

I'm using XP, and even with "Don't steal focus" checked, I don't have anything like you describe, but I play max 4 tables, so maybe not an issue.

--VS
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi YohanN7,

Under 'View' there is an option right at the bottom for detaching the chat. Merging them means they all show as just one chat box which I close anyway.

As for the rest I couldn't help sorry.

Mal.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      ...... Accompanied with the immediate attention beep (or boop, whatever), it is enough to send me to an institution. Goddamned, fix it Stars! X(
      i honestly think, that you should check out all those options before you start to get crazy and ask for petitions... maybe try 4 table, tile them, stack them and then you have enough time to check, uncheck, enable, merge a.s.o..... so you see what happen and you can decide what fits the best to you...

have a nice sunday
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NijeVaznoKoSam
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      ...... Accompanied with the immediate attention beep (or boop, whatever), it is enough to send me to an institution. Goddamned, fix it Stars! X(
      i honestly think, that you should check out all those options before you start to get crazy and ask for petitions... maybe try 4 table, tile them, stack them and then you have enough time to check, uncheck, enable, merge a.s.o..... so you see what happen and you can decide what fits the best to you...

have a nice sunday
      Thank you, but that has already been pointed out to me, both by me and another person above.

I use Hotkeys and if I turn off table activation, then theydon't work. So far I have found no satisfactory solution.

Have a nice day you too.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      In any table, click the "OPtions" button top-right.

In the pop-up, choose the "view" button.

In there are the detached chat options, one of which is "merge all detached chat windows"

Try it, you'll like it. :D

--VS