The T6o discussion from MBML Blog

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      EDITED BY HOLLYMICHELLE

Hey all, I've divided this portion of mbml's blog out so we can continue on discussiung the hand without further disruption to his space!

@frankie: thanks, will be producing some new content VERY SOON. Thinking of making some FR videos again, since the last FR video at PS was >6 months ago.

This month is going pretty well. Up close to 9k at the moment. I'll end off with a really cool hand. Good read, bad play. Villain is my arch-nemesis at the moment and keeps screwing with me (makes very good exploit plays vs me and runs really good too) so I'll probably have to analyze his game sometime soon and crush him.

Poker Stars $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2449366
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $1428.52
      SB: $1055.00
      Hero (BB): $1585.50
      UTG: $2829.72
      MP: $1042.00
      CO: $2239.71

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BB with 6:heart: T:spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $20, 1 fold, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($45.00) 8:diamond: J:club: 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($45.00) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $30, Hero raises to $140, BTN calls $110

River: ($325.00) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $322, BTN calls $322

Final Pot: $969.00
      BTN mucks T:club: A:heart:
      Hero shows 6:heart: T:spade: (a pair of Sixes)
      Hero wins $966.00
      (Rake: $3.00)
  • 61 replies
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      If he's your arch nemesis... He's screwing around with you... Why defend T6o oop 150bb deep? :P Quick-Fold and move on to the next hand. :D
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      nah i think it's still a profitable defend with any 2 cards 6 and above.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeh folding t6 would be very bad it's a relative monster!

Congrats on the good month so far :)
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Hey Galvin,

According to your coaching thread, you've made $225k in 2013 over 1.2M hands.

Would you say you ran at par with EV over the year? The reason I ask is that you made 70k in December alone...was that a heater, or were you running bad the whole year??? How many hours did you play in 2013?

Thx man. Your blog is awesome! :f_cool:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      @pleno1: thanks

@itsnevereasy - I barely got SNE, that's around 1100-1200 hours. I was on par with EV but EV doesn't say everything about luck. And yes, Dec was definitely a super run good month, best month by far (2X the second best month) especially when I wasn't even playing very well when I had to grind 8 tables and watch shows to alleviate my boredom. If you put things in perspective, even before December I was making around 15k a month on average for the previous 4 months and if you take into account RB it's another 12-18k.

You would have to take into account my lower winrate which was something I sacrificed by playing 8-tables to get more RB. Hourly is ~200/h with RB.

My PG&C thread got banned at 2p2 for posting direct links to my site :) Other than that, here's the new freebie video for march.

http://galvinbay.net/2014/03/09/fullring-video-some-updates/
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      I think I have to agree on that T6o hand. IMO fold and get a better spot to attack your "arch-nemesis"? Or at least explain your thought process? Lots of people read your blog and you show them how to spew without explanation. Like you induce less experienced players do this without backing up why is it good in this spot. LOL. WP.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      I actually think that vs 60%+ open from the BTN, which I assume NL1k reg has, T6 is pretty standard defend, but that's just me, it is a bottom of our range true, but still fold seems worse than a call imo.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      3bet > fold > call
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      T6 is a clear call and a bad 3bet. Saw videos from sauce and he would want to defend as far as 10-2o vs CO minraises without reads.... this makes t6 a clear defend

And he doesn't have to make any magic or spew play to make it profitable
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      I think I have to agree on that T6o hand. IMO fold and get a better spot to attack your "arch-nemesis"? Or at least explain your thought process? Lots of people read your blog and you show them how to spew without explanation. Like you induce less experienced players do this without backing up why is it good in this spot. LOL. WP.

this is just pure wrong.

t6 is v v standard defend, folding would be bad.

discuss t3o or something, t6 is a relative monster in this spot, folding would, imo, should a lack of understanding about bb defense which is the most common mistake of bad regulars in 2014 imo.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Originally posted by Rihard4a

this is just pure wrong.

t6 is v v standard defend, folding would be bad.

discuss t3o or something, t6 is a relative monster in this spot, folding would, imo, should a lack of understanding about bb defense which is the most common mistake of bad regulars in 2014 imo.
      So my request of explaining why this is good defend is pure wrong? WTF? So this is good defend because it is good defend. Thanks I got it. :f_love:
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      its a good defnd for a variety of reasons.

- good price
      - flops well
      - good price
      - good for board coverage
      - good price

1.. go to equilab
      2... check how t6o does vs a 60% range
      3... check what price we need

you will see we have enough equity with 72o probably never mind t6o. With t6o its way way easier to realise that equity.
    • mesisification
      mesisification
      Bronze
      We get the right prize with any2 cards in theory most of the time. However we can't really call with any2 because we're OOP and without initiative so it will be pretty hard to play 72o profitably. That's why T6o is a clear call, we can get a straight, we can get gutshots, we can get decent top pair with T... it's not that bad of a hand.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I'd be surprised if T6o was a profitable call. You have been over your databases and checked?

Looks like an overcompensation for BTN opening too wide.
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      For tbis call to be profitable you only need to lose less than 1bb/100
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WillyD
      For tbis call to be profitable you only need to lose less than 1bb/100
      I think you mean less than -100bb/100 which is the ev of folding, so loosing -95bb/100 when we call is actually a good thing. I don't think even mbml thinks he can make T6o an overall profitable call (+bb/100) but who knows :f_cool:
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Hahaha yeah sorry... I think it can easily be profitable though... all the best players defend way wider than you can imagine (mbml pleno sauce123, etc)
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Hahaha yeah sorry... I think it can easily be profitable though... all the best players defend way wider than you can imagine (mbml pleno sauce123, etc)
      I think if they're defending this wide, it's because either:

1. BTN is opening too wide and being exploited i.e >70%
      2. BTN is getting outplayed postflop
      3. BB is not getting his 1bb and doesn't know it

I'm not familiar with you guys defending ranges from the blinds. But I'm assuming if you're flatting T6o. Then the're extremely wide.

Like a flatting range of >50% from BB?!
      Chuck on another ~15-20% 3b range and it's getting a bit silly.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      T6 is a clear call and a bad 3bet. Saw videos from sauce and he would want to defend as far as 10-2o vs CO minraises without reads.... this makes t6 a clear defend

And he doesn't have to make any magic or spew play to make it profitable
      Can you link this video?