This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Lost database

• pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Bronze
      I have just watched the PT4 webinar. Mr Sterven McLoughlin suggested the "rebuild cache" to boost up on the speed of a hud a little bit. My computer is not the fastest it is pretty old so it would have taken too long so I decided to make it stop.
      Now it was loading for a little while but the PT4 did not answer so I had to force it to close.
      Now it bacame faulty and I think I have lost some data as well ... for instance I have no information from well known players.

If I run it one more time ... will that fix it?

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Bronze
      and in the database management the PokerTracker4 database which is the default and active became 1000 Mb smaller.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by pityumeszi
      My computer is not the fastest it is pretty old so it would have taken too long so I decided to make it stop.
      Now it was loading for a little while but the PT4 did not answer so I had to force it to close.
      Now it bacame faulty and I think I have lost some data as well ... for instance I have no information from well known players.
      Force quitting a PostgreSQL database cache rebuild can do damage to your database, rebuilding a database is a process that should not be interrupted. Please visit our website, login and click Support > Contact US to create a support ticket - our staff may wish to review your PostgreSQL logs to determine if any damage was done, and if not help you to get back on your feet again.
    • pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Bronze
      everything is fine, I had it run one more time and now it is back to normal!

thank you!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Good to hear!

Thanks for letting us know...
      --VS