Lost database

• pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Platinum
      I have just watched the PT4 webinar. Mr Sterven McLoughlin suggested the "rebuild cache" to boost up on the speed of a hud a little bit. My computer is not the fastest it is pretty old so it would have taken too long so I decided to make it stop.
      Now it was loading for a little while but the PT4 did not answer so I had to force it to close.
      Now it bacame faulty and I think I have lost some data as well ... for instance I have no information from well known players.

If I run it one more time ... will that fix it?

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Platinum
      and in the database management the PokerTracker4 database which is the default and active became 1000 Mb smaller.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by pityumeszi
      My computer is not the fastest it is pretty old so it would have taken too long so I decided to make it stop.
      Now it was loading for a little while but the PT4 did not answer so I had to force it to close.
      Now it bacame faulty and I think I have lost some data as well ... for instance I have no information from well known players.
      Force quitting a PostgreSQL database cache rebuild can do damage to your database, rebuilding a database is a process that should not be interrupted. Please visit our website, login and click Support > Contact US to create a support ticket - our staff may wish to review your PostgreSQL logs to determine if any damage was done, and if not help you to get back on your feet again.
    • pityumeszi
      pityumeszi
      Platinum
      everything is fine, I had it run one more time and now it is back to normal!

thank you!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Good to hear!

Thanks for letting us know...
      --VS