Poker is just one long session

• lptjuggernaut
      Hey guys!

I will be doing a proper "intro blog post" tomorrow but I just wanted to get started here. I have been a member for a couple years, and was a long time lurker before that, and I have been kicking around the idea of starting a blog here for a while. So here I am.

I am starting over online, currently on Stars, and playing zoom 2nl to 10nl. I will be playing with a fairly nitty BRM from 10nl up (meaning I will not take a shot at 25 nl, with less than 40 BI's.

I will provide some more details in my next post, but the 30 sec version is I have been playing online since 2005, have cashed out some over the years, but I am a losing player online up to this point. I have played a TONNE, probably 3,000,000 hands, over half of which has been FLHE, up to 2/4. My favorite game is PLO, but I just love poker. My friends tell me I am a better SNG player than cash, but I seem to prefer cash, or at the very least I gravitate towards it. Live I play in a once a month league I help run, and we are in the 9th season. We play 10 he games, a plo game, then the league finals. When we play cash, we play drunken dealers choice.

My biggest leaks have definitely been mental game/tilt issues, and BRM online. When I am playing with halfway sensible brm, I do great. But when I go off, I go off big, and will chase losses at higher stakes to try and make it back, and end up blowing in a few hours what it has taken me weeks or months to build. So starting over, I am looking to really rebuild my game from the bottom up. Forgetting what I think i know, taking my ego out of the game, and relearning how to win.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to becoming a part of this great community.
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Hey lptjuggernaut,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

A blog also helps your discipline. There's nothing worse than posting something like "I'm never going to do that again" and then having to post that you did.

Looking forward to the full intro.

Happy Grinding

• panahs
      good luck man!!!
    • lptjuggernaut
      Not often you play a 500 bb pot

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 259.1 BB (VPIP: 9.09, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
      SB: 79.8 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 17.65, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 17)
      UTG: 153 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      Hero (MP): 313.8 BB
      CO: 168 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 19.05, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 21)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:club: A:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4.5 BB, fold, BTN raises to 11 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (24.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade: J:spade: A:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 16 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

Turn: (56.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 27 BB, Hero raises to 135 BB, BTN raises to 232.1 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 97.1 BB

River: (520.7 BB, 2 players) A:heart:

Hero shows J:club: A:diamond: (Full House, Aces full of Jacks) (Pre 26%, Flop 11%, Turn 93%)
      BTN shows K:diamond: A:club: (Full House, Aces full of Kings) (Pre 74%, Flop 89%, Turn 7%)
      BTN wins 505.7 BB

This definately represents the day I have had at the table

• lptjuggernaut
      I definitely don't want this blog to be a bad beat journal. I do complain about bad beats, and I don't like to. No one wants to hear it, and I don't like complaining about it. It is a big part of why I want to start this blog. My more detailed intro post will have to wait til tomorrow. I have been absolutely soul crushed today. 8 times lost set under set. Then the above hand ended my day.

Back to 5nl. I have 50 bi's for 5nl. Was one of those days.
    • miropro
      You mean one of THOSE days?
      I hate THOSE days.
      And yes, had many of them :D