BB flatt range vs btn steal

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      What hands do we like to flatt in BB vs steal from BTN and lets say the guy who steals opens for about 30% from BTN. Right now im foldning for about 85% so i think it is maybe to tight? any ideas? :f_confused:
  • 4 replies
    • raise2much
      raise2much
      Bronze
      Hey, I am not a cashgame player so i cant give you any exact %
      But 85% sounds like you are folding way too much,

And this also depends on how big villain opens. Against a minraise you should defend very wide, But you also have to think about villains postflop tendencies and try to exploit that
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raise2much
      Hey, I am not a cashgame player so i cant give you any exact %
      But 85% sounds like you are folding way too much,

And this also depends on how big villain opens. Against a minraise you should defend very wide, But you also have to think about villains postflop tendencies and try to exploit that
      on my gamse now many regulars opening for 3.5x wich is way to big i think... what range do u think we can defend with if they open 3.5x btn 30% and they are C/F turns alot and gives up alot vs river bets.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by stttNNN
      What hands do we like to flatt in BB vs steal from BTN and lets say the guy who steals opens for about 30% from BTN. Right now im foldning for about 85% so i think it is maybe to tight? any ideas? :f_confused:
      I agree that it sounds too tight.

Stealing 30% from the BTN sounds tight to me too. I'm used to BTNs stealing wider than that.

So...
      What ranges to flat?
      I assume that you 3Bet a range for value, and you have a 3Bet bluffing range.
      You would then flat hands that can flop well-disguised hands with decent equity and that are easy to get away from if they miss totally.

How big is BTN raising?
      If BTNs min-raise wide, that changes things.
      If they raise 3x or higher, that changes things too.

If it is fast-fold poker, that makes it different too.

I suggest that you watch some of pleno's coachings or other advanced blind defense videos.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a coach!

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • raise2much
      raise2much
      Bronze
      I would be calling with hands that are going to have great playability and obv float alot if they are very likely to give up.

I think 3betting hands with blockers could be a good idea also if they open a wide range 3,5x