SSS at NL5/10

• skeetawomp
      skeetawomp
      Bronze
      Is it just me or, follow the basic guides to a fine point, is anyone else going from 50$ and taking a mountainslide downwards? I put 50$ in last night, have been following everything to a fine point in the SSS Basic Guides.. and right now I have 38$ left.

Am i missing something?
  • 11 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      you're probably just hitting a bad spell. where are you playing btw?
    • skeetawomp
      skeetawomp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      at this limit you encounter so many bad loose players that will call your raises with trash... but even if they play so bad, they can get lucky...I have experienced losses of about 10$ at this limit in one hour because of AA cracked by J5o and so on :P ... but right now I have almost doubled the initial 50$ from poker strategy without bonus, only playing SSS at NL10.

it's a bit of a dry spell... if you stick by the rules, you will make profit in the long run.

if you reach bronze, try posting some hands in the SSS forum section to get feedback on your plays.
    • skeetawomp
      skeetawomp
      Bronze
      Will do, thanks. :)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i'd also avoid playing NL10 at fulltilt if possible, the rake there is very high in comparison to the other site.
    • skeetawomp
      skeetawomp
      Bronze
      I think I'm going to play SnG to 100$ so I can try out BSS(I think? I don't have access to the Bronze articles yet. Lol).. SSS is phooey. I'm down to 35$ now, by the time I win a hand, im just getting my blinds back.
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      with BSS you can loose even faster...

it is recommended you have at least (minimum!) 20 buy in's to play BSS at a certain level... so in this case you would need about 200$ min at NL10

whatever you decide :) i wish you luck :)
    • skeetawomp
      skeetawomp
      Bronze
      But you also get to play hands, instead of picking a hand and essentially shoving all of your BI in the pot. Heh. I guess I'm going to be grinding out SnG for a while then.

The whole point of this project was for me to learn how to play ring tables. I am already a "successful" low limit SnG player.

(Successful meaning I make a steady profit.)

Also, I've never followed BRM before. I guess I'll have to wait until i have 200$ then. Oh well. Something to look forward to.

Thanks for the tips guys. =]
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      hi there, i know what u mean about SSS at Full Tilt. but believe me it does work. It does take a lot of effort and time but it does work!!! but not as quick as on other platforms. The fact is the rake is just to high at ftp and the only thing that persuades me to stay there is the fact that when i do move up a limit the rake will be the lower but i will still get rakeback!! but just grind it out!!!
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      play the $1 and $2 SnG (9 handed) and your BR will reach $200 within a month if u play good poker and don't hit a downswing. Also download the ICM trainer if you want to play SnGs well
    • skeetawomp
      skeetawomp
      Bronze
      Actually I've come to the realization that: fuck full tilt.
      Never in my life have I lost this many string dominating hands preflop.