Hu hypers reg, trying to be world class boulderer!

• phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      So, i have been thinking of starting a blog for some time now, but was too lazy. I have had a few blog here on strategy, but always abandoned them, not even sure why am i starting this one, it's not like i need motivation or self control, maybe the reason is i am not in the educational system any more, so i don't want my english to deteriorate, or maybe i just want something i can look at after a few years, see what i've gone through.

And, that's me- training with a friend in italy, good times

i'm second from the left

So my name is Arturas, i'm 21, at least i think so, never gave a shit about age, i currently live in lithuania, kaunas, where i go to the local gym and train as much as i can. After all, since September i have quit my studies to try and pursuit my passion- bouldering. Everyone who knows this sport, understands that it's close to impossible to make a living out of it, unless you are top 20 or so in the world, which i'm not yet. So that's why i have to play poker to make up for it.

this is pretty much lithuanian bouldering team, at least the male side of it, i'm on the right

Since September it's been working out well, making more than descent money, currently playing 30s and trying to move up to 60s, if everything goes well i should achieve supernova this year.

As you might have understood, this blog won't be all about poker, i'll try to keep it 50%-50%, if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them

And here are some photos from competitions:

St Petersburg, almost made into the finals.

this summer, Eindhoven, Holland, i don't know whether it was psychological pressure or what, u didn't feel that weak, but i performed very poorly.

Latest competition held in kaunas, which i helped organize, managed to get into finals easily, but again, underperformed and didnt make it to podium.

Closest competition is this Saturday in Krakow, Poland, which is kind of a pain the ass going 750km for 1 day comp, but you kind of have to participate in a ton of them to gather experience.
      There should be close to 400 participants, so we'll see how it goes, will try to post some pics and results when i come back.

Some other comps happening soon are 2 day comp in Riga, Latvia on 29th-30th of march and the weekend after that is lithuanian bouldering cup, so many action packed weekends coming, love it, life's good. :s_thumbsup:
  • 16 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey phantommm92,

Welcome to the blogs..... again :)

What an awesome first post. That looks like such fun. I only wish I was about 100 years younger.

Subbed.

GL with Poker and Bouldering

Laz
    • ProActiveK
      ProActiveK
      Bronze
      Hello :)

Nice first post, gl :)

One question, how do you plan to battle the cartel at 60s?
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ProActiveK

with sharkystrator imo =]
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      Originally posted by ProActiveK

with sharkystrator imo =]
      yeah, basically, i've chosen some weak regs and just trying not to give them any lobbies, as much as i can.

i'm not that good reg vs reg, so not even sure if i will be able to beat them, but w/e got to test yourself some day, right?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      so i'm back from krakow, feeling really tired today, so won't push myself hard to grind.

So we left at about 10am on Friday, and arrived at like 10pm in krakow, so went to the gym, looked around a bit and pretty much went to our hostel to sleep.

Saturday the comp started at 8am, but we decided to start in the second group from 10am.

sorry for poor photo quality :D

Qualification problems weren't that difficult, i just made some small mistakes and got really pumped in the end, so didn't manage to send two problems out of twenty.

One of them was a particularly nasty for me, as it had a strange twist in your right knee, and i have an injury, so i just couldn't do the move the way it was ment to be done.

So one of our crew did manage to squeez into the finals in 6th position and i was left in 8th position. He was kind of unlucky, as final problems weren't at all his style, so in the end he ended up staying in 6th position.

Overall it was a nice comp, tons of people, met some nice guys, so definitely a good time spent.

So next day we went to train in one of the best gyms in poland Bloco

fuck, every time im there it's just awesome, so much space, good walls, awesome problems set. Finished our skin and last bit of energy left and headed home, really psyched for next weekend in Riga, hopefully i can perform better.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Awesome blog,

instant subbed :s_cool:

Keep updates coming please :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      fuck my life, just had the most tilting session of my career. i actually 1 tabled fish, first ~500 hands he had ~40% 3bai, as much as i call he shows Ax, next ~500 hands his 3bai goes down to ~25%. hot run eh, fish on a heater eh?

mr ~80% any stacks depth, <15bb fold to 3bAI ~20%, nuts all the fucking time, holy shit.

oh and first ~500 hands he didnt ever fold to cbet or limpcbet, needless to say i didnt get much value, so frustrating.

On another note, month is almost finished for me, today and 2 more grind days left, leaving for competition saturday morning.

I'm really pleased with my volume this month, already over 3k games, will post a graphs on 1st of april :)

Some news, i'm getting a staking+coaching deal for moving up to 60s/100s, so hopefully soon i can crush those trash regs at 60s.

Real life stuffs

I'm kind of sick again, which really sucks, cuz i can't train full intensity, so really sad about that, but i started doing a lot of stretching, goal is to do a split ;) some doctors said it should help with my knee condition, even tho noone is sure what exactly is wrong with it ;/
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      gl up there sir,
      you'll need to play regs a lot in the beginning I guess, so best of luck, crush them all :)
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      so, im back from the comp, feeling motivated as always, to get better ;) got a new training plan for about a month in mind, hopefully it turns out good.

this time i did better in qualification, even tho the field was stronger, i did make it into the finals in 5th place, 8 men got into finals, which were held on sunday, so a bad nights sleep as i forgot to take my pillow and had to sleep in a sleeping bag :) and here come the finals!

was really psyched, even tho finals structured wasn't rly into my favor, but you do what you gotta do. in the end there were 2 moves which i almost did, doing them both basically ment you were top 3, but obv i finished in 8th position, meh, better run next time

i have to admit, i was too lazy this time to take any photos, even tho comp was held in a huge building with lots of cars/motorcycles/motorboats n shit, so just a few pics someone took:

And a real awesome photo of my friend in qualification, unfortunately didnt make finals:

Now about poker, pretty much best month of my hu hypers career finished here are some graphs:

30s

60s

and some cap 1/2-2/4

So finished month 3854.75$ that with RB, which is freaking awesome, especially assuming, i will have a deal 50/50, so won't have that good of a month for quite some time :)

Another good thing about such good volume (at least for me) is i got 14.4k VPPs, so getting closer to that supernova ;)
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      forgot to mention, had same problem with my knee during competition, so looking very bad ;/
      and no doctors know what's the problem,FML
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze

got my first vote yesterday! things are actually looking okish, i just need to stop running so bad :)
      but my game is improving day by day, i'll just show a quick this months graph, it can go better obviously, but i'm ok with it :)

oh, yeah i know, fuck my volume right? there isn't actually a good excuse, been kind of lazy and had some shit to do, so resulted in this.

On a side note, during last comp i had an injury, to my right wrist(luckily it's not my left one right? :coolface: )

yeah, but basically it sucks, another weak, maybe more without climbing, rly want to go to the gym and just destroy, suuuuuuucks :f_o:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      :( Really bad run,

However, yeah, the volume is not high so I believe it's just a short term variance not being your friend.

inb4 a heater hits you :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Awesome blog, following!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Avoid these regs

frontbet
      jyg4me
      kaimac
      Holdenper
      lambaaju
      LazzzyDog
      nizzor_4
      Orsulab3rt
      PaPi7o92
      razvanel1987
      Stakelis24
      Svizec1
      TheNr23
      xJayh
      zillas33

GL
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      i actually think some of those are bad, tho yeah, i kind of agree on the list, and thanks :)

zillas33 is my roommate, so i don't think i'll be sitting him :D
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      yeah those are the decent ones that I know

I haven't played everyone but the majority of them are just random 30s grinders who got in when the cartel got established