Rake Vs $$$

• bobthebuilder00
      bobthebuilder00
      Bronze
      Hi Everyone!

This is my first blog/thread. I have been into poker for a year now. went fro biulding my bankroll from 0 to 500$, busting it and then found pokerstrategy from my cousin. Have been playing on Ipoker, doing good with tourney but spewing $ in cash games.

Early on on Pstars had built my bankroll with freerolls and SNG's. Was crushing 1.5$ SNG's with 50+ ROI and playing micro 1$ tourneys. A soon as I reached 500$, I moved up in limits, started playing with 3.5$ R 180 mans SNG's( multi tabling same number of tables 9+). After I busted my bankroll I realized, I have moved up the limits too early, perhaps my game game was not evolved on that level.

Came along pokerstrategy, have been playing for a couple of months on Ipoker, crushing the micro daily tourney. Just went 1000$+. I play 2 sessions 1 cash games .5/.10 SH games and 1/2$ tourneys( 93% ROI). Have been running good in tourneys. Have shipped 1000/15000 TD for a number of times.
      My STATS

BUT

The money I earn in tourney, I seem to spew all that in cash games. I lay from heads up to SH games. Have lost 400$ + playing them( as per poker tracker stats). Still I play cash games, I think my post flop game improves with my cash games. But my bankroll suffers a lot.
      STATS:

So I was thinking of not playing the cash games and focus on MTT's. n the other hand I think my game becomes monotonous like any other REG on that level. I enjoy the earned rake with cash games but have been loosing a lot of $.I would like to know, if anyone can suggest how should I strategize my game( studying cash games and improvise or just quit and stick to MTT;s?). I would like if anyone can let me know any leaks or something I have been doing wrong in reference to the stats I have shown above.Any help is appreciated guys!

I will be updating with my (hopeful) progess.

Thank you!
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by bobthebuilder00
      Hi Everyone!

This is my first blog/thread. I have been into poker for a year now. went fro biulding my bankroll from 0 to 500$, busting it and then found pokerstrategy from my cousin. Have been playing on Ipoker, doing good with tourney but spewing $ in cash games.
      Hi, bobthebuilder00
      Welcome to the forums!

I've moved your new blog to the "Your Poker Blogs" board, where it will fit right in.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey bobthebuilder00,

If you really want to continue in cash games, you might like to check out our NL Beginners Course. The mighty Bogdan will soon stop you spewing those chips.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • bobthebuilder00
      bobthebuilder00
      Bronze
      Hi Lazza61

Thank you for the response. I will definitely will be studying and working out the cash game strategy!.

Regards,
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      Hi bob !

Can you tell me which tournaments are you playing on Ipoker in order to built 1K$ bankroll in only 500games

• bobthebuilder00
      bobthebuilder00
      Bronze
      Hi

I play the 1000E, 1500E, 3000$ GTD REBUY tourneys. Buyin =1E to 2E(rebuy's excluded)
      I shipped a few of these tourneys winning 500$ + 788$ + other finable winning.

These tourney keep running through the day. Do ask for any more queries.

Thank you!