Uripeleg's equation

• raven112233
      raven112233
      Bronze
      A few weeks ago, during no limit expert coaching, i asked Uri to construct calling 3b range. He created an equation, but didn't explain exactly what result of this equation says.

http://prntscr.com/329icu

Could someone explain this?

I watched video again and it looks like we base 'equity needed to call' on equation's result, but i'm not sure.
  • 7 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      You just have to multiply your equity realization (0.7) for your equity and compare that number to the pot odds. If it's bigger you should call.

It's just a simple comparison between pot odds and equity, we just add the "equity realization", which covers the fact we can't always realize the equity we have versus villains range.
    • raven112233
      raven112233
      Bronze
      Now, I see it. Thanks.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Thanks double2 for clearing it up, really helpful tool imo.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by raven112233
      A few weeks ago, during no limit expert coaching, i asked Uri to construct calling 3b range. He created an equation, but didn't explain exactly what result of this equation says.

http://prntscr.com/329icu

Could someone explain this?

I watched video again and it looks like we base 'equity needed to call' on equation's result, but i'm not sure.
      Your break-even equity is:
      BetRequired divided by (PotNow + BetRequired)

Keep in mind that if your equity is LESS you might be able to call profitably if there are implied odds.
      There might be fold equity as well.

In order to make this calculation at the table, you need to be able to quickly estimate your opponents range, and your equity vs that range.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Man, the guy is such a beast has an equation named after him. I hope to grow up to be like him :D
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serverm07
      Man, the guy is such a beast has an equation named after him. I hope to grow up to be like him :D
      I've always wanted to have an equation named after me. Two of my colleagues have an equation named after them, and I'm really jealous. Even a dimensionless number would be nice. An old colleague of mine once wrote a paper and used the first two letters of his name for a new dimensionless group. When pressed, he claimed that they stood for 'Yet Unknown'. We're not on speaking terms at the moment.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Originally posted by serverm07
      I've always wanted to have an equation named after me. Two of my colleagues have an equation named after them, and I'm really jealous. Even a dimensionless number would be nice. An old colleague of mine once wrote a paper and used the first two letters of his name for a new dimensionless group. When pressed, he claimed that they stood for 'Yet Unknown'. We're not on speaking terms at the moment.
      Can't you just make one up?
      You can't have 238 though.

That number picked me long ago.

My favourite named is equation is the Schödinger equation but mainly because of the poem, I think.

--VS