Ukrainian community

• fanKarpaty
      fanKarpaty
      Bronze
      Hi there! I am Ukrainian and my native language is ... (what a surprise!) ... Ukrainian! And there are 46 million people in Ukraine, but we don't have own community, furthermore Ukrainian language is prohibited in Russian community!
      Why management of PokerStrategy doesn't want to open community for Ukrainians ?
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey there fanKarpaty,

We've recently had a thread of this nature where our community manager gave this response

Best regards,
      Gary
    • fanKarpaty
      fanKarpaty
      Bronze
      Thanks, Gary!
      But this response does not give me the answer! What is the reason we can't have Ukrainian PS ?
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by fanKarpaty
      Thanks, Gary!
      But this response does not give me the answer! What is the reason we can't have Ukrainian PS ?
      It clearly says why...
    • fanKarpaty
      fanKarpaty
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Originally posted by fanKarpaty
      Thanks, Gary!
      It clearly says why...
      Are you sure ? It only says why we can't write in Ukrainian in English/Russian/etc. community
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey all,

just to be on the clear side of why we're not going to create a Ukrainian community or forum, main reasons:

- the number of users is just not high enough to justify the need of creating a separate forum
      - Ukrainian users have been successfully using our current forums - English and/or Russian (your language skills are very good from what I can see)
      - we would like to be one open forum for many nations sharing the same language of communication rather than open a lot of small sub-forums for the local communities where we would not be able to help or moderate

The reason why we have a Finish, Swedish and Indian "corners" on our forum is that these were stand alone units before and due to the merger with the main English section. We felt like it would be a good thing for the already developed communities to keep their own forums in some way.

Hope it explains.

Regards.
    • pavlo82
      pavlo82
      Bronze
      PS decides to give us an opportunity to lead blogs in Ukrainian. Thank you for support.