Cards of God

• psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Alright it's 2015, back to poker after 1 year of not playing. Gonna start with NL4 Party, NL4 Fastforward Party, and NL2 Ipoker(I don't play anymore on Ipoker due to weird river card)

Current winnings are : +118.59 USD

Today's Tips included from now on, see below.
  • 21 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey psyxxx74,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

I hope your blog goes well. How are you finding the Beginner's course?Bogdan is pretty awesome.

Hope you resolve your problems soon. It's no fun when you don't think you can play your best.

Regards

Laz
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      The problem is my father's sickness. He has a stroke... so it's not something that I can overcome easily... I can only wait until he gets better... I thought playing poker might temporarily forget it, but I'm not sure if it will affect my performance. In anyways, I still have alot to learn so we'll see..
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey psyxxx,

I'm very sorry to hear about your father, hopefully he will get well soon :(

If your mind is too much on your father, which is of course understandable, then it might be best to not play at all. Being distracted too much can hurt your game a lot. So in the end you might only end up losing too much because of that.

If you want to find a distraction, then perhaps you should consider doing something other than poker. And then when you've got your mind clear again, come back and start playing again. That would be my advice anyway!

Again, I hope your father gets well soon!

Regards,
      Tino
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      OK so I decided to play a bit... playing single reg table because i don't feel comfortable due to problems.., NL4, I lost around $ -5.95 last night and won $3.54 this morning so so far my balance since I created this thread is $-2.41.
      I've done all my study tasks since my last update, I'm planning on finishing the last video on Beginner's School, and theoretically I'm done with the learning material of the course. I wish PS will start reviewing homeworks quickly...

I'm gonna go over more stuff from other sites and cooperate it with my PS strategy, and start going over silver materials on PS articles.. Perhaps 3~4, watch couple new videos from basic/bronze and perhaps play couple session but not sure.

We'll see how it will progress.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Alright so personal side, I've brought my father to a hospital closer to where I live, so I can see him easier, He is on rehabilitation, we'll see how it goes but I think there's quite a hope.... Unbalance to that I'm having terrible problem with my business, stressing me alot and I'm really hoping things will be better for me in my work so I can take care of everyone.

Meanwhile Poker, well as you can see from the picture below, I'm doing well.. actually very well. Here's my graph. I think some of my actions are still goofy so I can get it to be better I think. I still need to get learn alot from my coach. Btw, from the first coaching session I started winning.... my coach is amazing!. I will write more details on the coach's forum from the losing point to winning point. While one can say it's not enough hand... well it could be just an upswing, but if so, still , then my coach is a lucky charm. :)

Who is the coach? Well I'll tell you once I move up the limit. :)
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Alright so I've been away from the poker for almost a year, re-started from May again.. Tons of stuff to re-review, my coaching sessions, w34z3l's videos, etc, etc, only to find out, I was fascinated by some of my answers I gave to my coach during the sessions... Which means, I forgot EVERYTHING. That sucks, but oh well, I will re-start.

My life is worse than last year, but at least my father seems to be rehabilitating, so that's good thing.

Today I had two sessions, I had losing streak (I don't want to justify by saying downswing.. I probably still suck) for last week, I started winning, I can see the cards running towards me. :)

Anyways, I am still trying to find out why I suck at regular tables, while playing fine at fast poker games. I tried something weird today... I played one table of fast poker, and 3 regular tables, and it seems to be OK... could it be variance, or is regular table tilting me usually? I tried playing many tables, so I would "think less", but then I time out quite alot so that's not an option either...

Anyways, I will start this blog as a diary to see how my progress will go...
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Today I played ring tables NL2 ipoker, the place for small pots. :) I played very long, almost 8 hours, won a little bit but not alot for the hours put. I checked the graph it was swinging back and forth.. maybe something I really need to work on...

I learned that concentration plays a big role. The problem I have, is that less the tables the more i get distracted on other things.. The more tables i have, the more i make mistakes... i tried with all different number of tables, there seems to not be a sweet spot on this.. I must either learn to focus with little tables, or learn to concentrate with many tables... Of course, fast poker was so easy for me in this sence... hence it could be a mental thing I was losing on ring games.. never know.

Tomorrow gonna watch W34z3l walkthrough part 2 again... and start making notes again.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Alright i played two sessions today, and watched walkthrough video part 2 again.
      Both sessions were playing IPOKER NL2, lost total of 1.5 buy ins today . Thanks to the infamous River Bad beat again.

Tomorrow gonna study video part 3 and continue playing NL2 ipoker, just to clear my bonus. After that i'm not playing NL2 anymore.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Today, I watched w34z3l's walkthrough part 3 again , took some notes, but not that much since I already knew most of the stats.

I then played around 4 hours session on Netbet NL2, won couple buy-ins. I had a good run on one table, but the other table was very card dead. Maybe the reason I'm losing is because of number of tables? I am gonna play two tables for next couple days to see if that's the case.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Welcome back sir :welcome:

I don’ know how much tables you played earlier, but 4 tables at the same time should be no problem if you play 6 handed cash games.

How it’s going the last 2 days with 2 tables at the same?

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      I managed to go with 3 tables fine with Ipoker, but still have some timeouts with 3 tables on Party.. I think Party has less time to think.

Anyways, I made a nice comeback on Netbet NL2, from -16 buy ins to break even. Not gonna be playing with their site for a while, cashed out.

Going back to Party NL4 regular, I had a good winning today, so far regular tables are doing fine.. (but I table selected though, i know it's kinda shitty to table select at NL4.... but... I gotta recover)

Started working out, from tomorrow, I will start writing daily report as journal.

Oh and re-watched and took notes on W34z3l's Walkthrough part 4, C-betting.

Constructed a complete postflop plan vs unknown (vs reads i will use exploitative approach) which should work for Microstakes at least to NL10: it has been working so far, but I sometimes forget. Maybe I should play more fast games one table to remember the plan.

The postflop plan consists of more in-depth breakdown of types of postflop hands than the video , and also supports situation with probe bets from villain, as well as playing as PFR OOP on wet board (which was not covered in the video)

I am re-tuning for the few times, to fine tune, after that I will go to Part 5 of the series.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Ok yesterday I had a terrible losing session, so I felt shitty and got irritated so I didn't blog, but today I made a very decent 12 buy-in winning as you can see from the graph below. I was running decent today.

I am doing Ok at regular table so far (yesterday I felt completely different). Couldn't exercise, because it was raining hardcore, so I will do exercise tomorrow.

Gonna watch couple coaching video and go to sleep.

• psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Alright, couldn't go for exercise due to bad downswing in the first session, i had to make sure I come back, so I played another session and i came back and won couple buy-ins.

Here's the graph. Again, 4NL reg tables. Tried 4 tables today. Missed alot of opportunities.

After this I will review C-betting concept from W34z3l's walkthrough again.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Weird day today.

I was losing -4 buy ins in the first session, because i was just screwing around , and tilting a bit, and recovered fully on my second session with alot shorter time.

Now if I didn't screw up, I would have won more.. Oh well.

Tomorrow i will exercise. :)

• psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Today I had a good session , 5 hour session won 17.70 USD with 22.28 bb/100

I finally came back from losing session of -18 buy ins in 4nl party. That was really tough.

Still no exercise.. have to study more poker today... but no time. should be doing it tomorrow.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      I usually take notes for my self, I take notes twice for memorization purpose- i take once with notepad, and I re-write it in clean version with word format, so I wouldn't use this blog for notes like some of my respected fellow bloggers. So instead, I will put some tips I find useful where it might be useful to other people struggling in nano-stakes.

The tips are derived from the W34z3l's Walkthrough so I really recommend to watch the series, several times. ( I must have watched over 20 times of each episode) they are not in sequence, I might go back to Video 1 if I remember something important by going back on notes one of the days.

Today's Tips

From Video 1: You have less implied odds in SB as to more in BB on your setmining for following reasons:

1) difference in your blind amount.
      2) BB can squeeze you and you will be in a tough spot with your lower pocket pairs.

From Video 2:

1) Vs High fold to 3-bet :
      Bluff > Bet smaller to get best risk to rewards ratio.
      Value> Consider flatting your premiums to maximize your value.

From Video 3:
      1) Just buy W34z3l's HuD. I have one, and it's really useful. It makes more sense if you use his video series and his HUD , because his thought process is maximized in the HUD

From Video 4:
      1) Don't C-bet on Dry Board if you have complete air. Always have backdoor. If not go for delayed c-bet. What are you gonna do if they call flop? Double Barrel? Then get called? Triple Barrel? If you are gonna fold in later street anyways, try to get some equity so you have some percentage of turning your hand from bluff to monster.

2) That being said, don't bet weak backdoors. Weak backdoor doesn't mean less number of outs. You want to have nuts by the river.
      5h6h7h board and your hand is Ac4h. You have many outs but you will be dominated most often. This is not a good backdoor. It should go into Trash category.

3) That being said, by W34z3l's theory, board texture doesn't play that big on the bluff C-bet Backdoor is weighted more towards, and I agree with this. This is because he thinks more on turn/river situations, by thinking ahead, which is a good practice.

4) In any situaiton, Opponent Exploitation is more important. If he has high fold to C-bet on Flop, fire!. If he has high fold to C-bet on the Turn (despite the fact he is the floater and has low fold to C-bet), Fire Flop AND Turn, or Check/Raise Turn if you want to trap him more.

5) sometimes you might be taking a certain line, but for different reasons so it's really good practice to always ask yourself why we are betting:
      i.e.) A2 on K72 board: Vs fit or fold , fire for protection, vs floaters, fire for value and fire again on turn for protection, vs fish, fire for value.

6) Neverthyless, you wanna have your opponents fold on your C-bet Bluffing with backdoors. Don't get carried away thinking you are trying to make backdoors, even you turned a draw. If he doesn't fold Turn, Check. If he doesn't fold Flop, Check.
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Today, I only played 99 minutes, because I finally finalized my post flop line as an aggressor using W34z3l's walkthrough as a template. I played on regular tables as usual, won +7.26 USD at 33.36/100 bb

Looks good so far, tomorrow I am going to start reviewing walkthrough part 5 finally to protect myself from 3 bet pots. :)

and yes, not enough time for exercise today too.. :(
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Today I finally exercised.

I had 2 session today, played bad on the first session vs fish, lost 2 buy ins, after exercise, I got back winning 3 buy ins thanks to the same fish that made me lost on the first session. Stacked 3 times inducing his tilt.

So Netwon today is 4.22 usd at 5.78 bb/100
    • psyxxx74
      psyxxx74
      Bronze
      Terrible day today... bad play, variance, everytime i had good hand villain had better... oh well first day to finish with a loss.

-11.49 USD at -16.20

So this week's winnings are +53.14 USD at 10.3bb/100