UTG+1: $14.67 (146.7 bb)
      UTG+2: $10.97 (109.7 bb)
      MP1: $10 (100 bb)
      MP2: $2.04 (20.4 bb)
      MP3: $7.12 (71.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2 (20 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with 9
      MP1 posts BB out of position, Hero posts BB out of position, 2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.45) 3 (4 players)
      BB bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10,

Here I have hit TPTK, how high should I raise? 2/3 of the pot, 0.5$? Or more?
  • 9 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hmm

This is a good question. This wouldn't be a c-bet, cause you weren't the pre-flop aggressor. So here you should bet at least potsize. I would even consider simply shoving it, cause any J, Q or K that came on the turn would be dangerous. And theres also a possible draw there.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I will recommend posting BB and BU only, in this case BU folded his position to you, with so much dead money I would have raised any 2 all-in :D
      As played...
      YUCK, a 4 player pot and only one player VPIP after seeing holdings.
      Both MPs have nothing as they only called the minbet.
      So I would like to find out where I am in the hand, and put a little squeeze play on the BB. I would raise .5 and fold to a BB push. I would call either MP down if the BB folded. If any1 calls I re-evaluate on the turn. Am I heads up? Who called me? Is the turn card good for me, or a danger card. Remember you have position so you can always take a free card on the turn if you don't want to c-bet all-in. In this hand I would push any non 7, non broadway (K-T) card on the turn.
      If I have stats/reads or am feeling kind of LAGish then I would also consider pushing the flop, as there is enough dead money to put me over 25BB.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You cant post BB at BU afaik, only Co and lower.

Raise to $0.7 or $0.8 and I think I will shove it to a Reraise.

if they call and a blank comes and you still have toppair, shove the Turn.

Well since its NL10, people can limp with anything and stuff but limping TT+ is unlikely ?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      What's afaik? I've been seeing that a lot lately, but can never figure it out :P
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      as far as i know = afaik

i would raise sth like 9bb to protect my hand
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Couldn't you shove it instead of betting 9BB, considering you only have 19BB left?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Couldn't you shove it instead of betting 9BB, considering you only have 19BB left?
      Lol, i found this amusing. Only 19BB left? Thats a full stack for a shorty ;)

Also, we're postflop not preflop. Shoving would just be an insane overbet in my eyes. Only better hands would call us... (Maybe)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      pushing isolates us against better hands, a raise to 7-9bb is enough
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Lol, i found this amusing. Only 19BB left? Thats a full stack for a shorty ;)

Also, we're postflop not preflop. Shoving would just be an insane overbet in my eyes. Only better hands would call us... (Maybe)

hahaha yeah, that's true... but I said only because 9BB is almost half of our remaining stack.. haha

Ok, so 7 - 9 BB and then push turn if it doesn't bring any scary cards?