This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A9o freeplay

• koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      --------------------
      HAND #1
      --------------------

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

SB: $11.26 (112.6 bb)
      BB: $2.66 (26.6 bb)
      UTG+1: $14.67 (146.7 bb)
      UTG+2: $10.97 (109.7 bb)
      MP1: $10 (100 bb)
      MP2: $2.04 (20.4 bb)
      MP3: $7.12 (71.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2 (20 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with 9
      MP1 posts BB out of position, Hero posts BB out of position, 2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.45) 3 (4 players)
      BB bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10,

Here I have hit TPTK, how high should I raise? 2/3 of the pot, 0.5$? Or more?
  • 9 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hmm

This is a good question. This wouldn't be a c-bet, cause you weren't the pre-flop aggressor. So here you should bet at least potsize. I would even consider simply shoving it, cause any J, Q or K that came on the turn would be dangerous. And theres also a possible draw there.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I will recommend posting BB and BU only, in this case BU folded his position to you, with so much dead money I would have raised any 2 all-in :D
      As played...
      YUCK, a 4 player pot and only one player VPIP after seeing holdings.
      Both MPs have nothing as they only called the minbet.
      So I would like to find out where I am in the hand, and put a little squeeze play on the BB. I would raise .5 and fold to a BB push. I would call either MP down if the BB folded. If any1 calls I re-evaluate on the turn. Am I heads up? Who called me? Is the turn card good for me, or a danger card. Remember you have position so you can always take a free card on the turn if you don't want to c-bet all-in. In this hand I would push any non 7, non broadway (K-T) card on the turn.
      If I have stats/reads or am feeling kind of LAGish then I would also consider pushing the flop, as there is enough dead money to put me over 25BB.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You cant post BB at BU afaik, only Co and lower.

Raise to $0.7 or $0.8 and I think I will shove it to a Reraise.

if they call and a blank comes and you still have toppair, shove the Turn.

Well since its NL10, people can limp with anything and stuff but limping TT+ is unlikely ?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      What's afaik? I've been seeing that a lot lately, but can never figure it out :P
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      as far as i know = afaik

i would raise sth like 9bb to protect my hand
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Couldn't you shove it instead of betting 9BB, considering you only have 19BB left?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Couldn't you shove it instead of betting 9BB, considering you only have 19BB left?
      Lol, i found this amusing. Only 19BB left? Thats a full stack for a shorty ;)

Also, we're postflop not preflop. Shoving would just be an insane overbet in my eyes. Only better hands would call us... (Maybe)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      pushing isolates us against better hands, a raise to 7-9bb is enough
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Lol, i found this amusing. Only 19BB left? Thats a full stack for a shorty ;)

Also, we're postflop not preflop. Shoving would just be an insane overbet in my eyes. Only better hands would call us... (Maybe)

hahaha yeah, that's true... but I said only because 9BB is almost half of our remaining stack.. haha

Ok, so 7 - 9 BB and then push turn if it doesn't bring any scary cards?