SKsix' big questionthread

• SKsix
      SKsix
      Basic
      Hello!
      I'll make me a post where I gonna ask/discuss some question.

I am looking for someone to question/discuss things on skype with

First.
      What is a 3 bet?
      Is it the betting before the flop ?

Second.

When we talk about outs for calculating odds.
      The outs is only the two cards you hold + the possible 3 burnt cads and the five at the table? Or do you also count all the hands around the table ?

Ex. 10 mans table. 20 cards, 1 burnt and 3 on the table. Or is it just the 1 burnt + 3 on the table (flop).

Third.

I have regged a account at PokerStars.
      A email from them said this
      "Thank you for your email.

We are pleased to confirm that your PokerStars account is indeed linked to Pokerstrategy."

What now ?
  • 13 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by SKsix
      First.
      What is a 3 bet?
      Is it the betting before the flop ?
      The blinds are the first bets.
      If somebody raises, that is a "2Bet" though I've never heard it called that.
      The 3Bet is when somebody raises the raiser, and if some raises again it is a 4Bet and so on.

All of the above is before the flop.

Second.

When we talk about outs for calculating odds.
      The outs is only the two cards you hold + the possible 3 burnt cads and the five at the table? Or do you also count all the hands around the table ?

Ex. 10 mans table. 20 cards, 1 burnt and 3 on the table. Or is it just the 1 burnt + 3 on the table (flop).
      "Outs" are cards that you have not seen that will improve your hand to the winning hand.

For example, you hold a pair of Aces.
      Your opponent holds a pair of Kings.
      The flop comes KQJ
      He now has 3Kings, and all you have is your sad pair of Aces.
      However in the deck are two more Aces and 4 tens (which will give your a straight)
      So you have 6 outs.

Third.

I have regged a account at PokerStars.
      A email from them said this
      "Thank you for your email.

We are pleased to confirm that your PokerStars account is indeed linked to Pokerstrategy."

What now ?
      Now you wait.
      You should probably create a ticket with customer service to ensure that everything is proceeding as it should.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again SKsix!

Let's get to those questions!

A 3bet is:

A 3-bet is a re-raise following a raise and a bet, making it the third raise in a betting round. The term is usually used in Fixed Limit games, however, it is also used instead of the term re-raise in Pot Limit and No Limit games.

Example:

There is 3 people at the table. Player A, B and C.

Player A bets, Player B raises (or 2 bets), Player C re-raises (this is the 3 bet)

EDIT: Vorpal beat me to the rest!
    • SKsix
      SKsix
      Basic
      Aha. Thanks to both of you VorpalF2F and HollyMichelle.

I think its important to clearly understand different terms.

Only reading can be a bit hard when you cant question the writer, to confirm that you got it right :)

PS. Check out the big red sentence at the first post :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Why not discuss things here like you have been doing?

Being part of a wide community is so much better for development than speaking to one or two guys IMO.
    • SKsix
      SKsix
      Basic
      Hi again!

Yeah I agree. But I was thinking on someone on skype. I will for now keep it here until someone sees the potential. ;)

What kind of HUD should I use?

I am testing HM2 now. And I think 60 "balls" as we say in Norway are a lot(!?) because I only use the HUD. Does the other programs come with it ?
      Found the graph site and lord.. I have a bad graph :( But fixing up in it now. Analyzing it. :D

Or should I buy Poker Office or PT4 ?

Pokerstars says this

"your created account will have same link and if POker Strategy cannot see that you mentioned them again we will investigate this further."

I dont understand anything
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey SKsix

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

About the 3bet: It's explained well but VS says that it's before the flop. I disagree (but I can be wrong), I think that a 3bet can occur on any street. Postflop you can have a bet - raise - 3bet.

Regarding the HUD. I like HM2 and I'm gonna stick to it. I also have PT4 but I was so used to HM2 that I didn't really like PT4. Having said that I never tested PT4 properly. In my opinion you should trial run them both and then decide what you prefer.

Regarding Pokerstars: I don't really get what you're trying to say, I'm sorry. Are you trying to create a PokerStars account via us and tracked to us? And are you having problems with that?

Best regards

RasTweet
    • SKsix
      SKsix
      Basic
      Hey!
      I like HM2 good myself. It is easy to find informal vids on youtube too because HM2 is so "big".

Yes I used your recipe here and wrote "strategy-en".
      But you cannot see that I have "linked" my account to poker stars. If you understand what I mean.

PokerStars says they see that it is linked/tracked via your web page. Whatever that means.

-SK
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey SKsix

Have you entered you stars ID in here? In step 4 you have to enter your stars ID. If you've done that and you are still not tracked I suggest you write a ticket to our support guys. Click here to write a ticket. They will help you further!

We also have some introduction video's about hm2. Check out our Guide video's here.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

If PokerStars say that you are tracked then you are :)

We can only know a tracked account if it earns StrategyPoints.

Have you played at real money tables at PokerStars yet? If you have only played freerolls or have not generated any rake then we can't know if you are tracked :(
    • SKsix
      SKsix
      Basic
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey SKsix

Have you entered you stars ID in here? In step 4 you have to enter your stars ID. If you've done that and you are still not tracked I suggest you write a ticket to our support guys.

Best regards

RasTweet
      Aaaaaaand someone have been to eager to start playing so he have not written his name in that box.

Thanks ;)

-SK
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yay!

Problem solved :)
    • SKsix
      SKsix
      Basic
      yeah, be aware. I am coming for your free rolls.

and I have 60 of those PP something points. Saving for that cap :D
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Yay!

Problem solved :)
      :f_love: