This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 on BB

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,85
      Hero:
      $4,65
      UTG:
      $23,37
      UTG+1:
      $9,00
      UTG+2:
      $25,35
      MP1:
      $44,98
      MP2:
      $25,02
      MP3:
      $35,03
      CO:
      $26,48
      BU:
      $24,30

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $1,00, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 calls $1,00, ...

Ok. So here's the thing. Is it thinkable shoving it in a situation like this?
      Cause if I shove it, consider only one of them calls. I need equity of 43% (4.65/10.88).

If I put my opponent on a raising-range of 77+, AQ+, which is rather tight, I get 44% equity.

I know basic strategy doesn't allow a push here. But is it thinkable?

I got two of these hands today.. I folded both, but they got me wondering :P
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Firstly you have only 17 hands on MP1 so i would fold.

Secondly, wow interesting hand!

Thirdly, with more hands i actually might well push here but i would be a lot happier if first in raiser was MP2 rather than MP1 and i had an MP pfr stat which was a bit higher or the same as overall pfr.

In conclusion I assume 2 folds and i really like that deadmoney in this spot, i am squeezing often with enough hands on villains. Can't say for sure though ;) It all depends on my mood!

I assume 40% equity and a coinflip +/- 5% against villains range as well as two folds worth of deadmoney.

P.s. On my highest limit i would like to play TT+ AQ+ in this spot. I don't like 99 so much unless I'm 150% comfortable with the limit i am on.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      I would stick to basic strategy on nl25 and fold.

adv answer easy push :D