Equilab- Typing a range like 5x, 52+ gives incomplete restults

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      In equilab when you type a range like 5x, or 9x, assuming you'll get all 5x combos or 9x combos, meaning 5/9 with any kicker you get incomplete results.

5x, give 52o+ and 52s+ but the exact combos are 52o,53o,54o, 52s, 53s, 54s. What happened to hands like 56, 57, 58 etc.

Try it with 9x same thing or try 92s+ etc. Why does it not show all the combos, what do I need to type if I need to give the opponent a range of say any 5x hand from 52o-K5o?
  • 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      When you enter Yx you get all the combos where Y is the high card, and x is some lower card.

Even if you enter T2+ you still only get cards from T2 - T9

If you manually select call the Tens, Equilab shows:
      TT,ATs,KTs,QTs,JTs,T2s+,ATo,KTo,QTo,JTo,T2o+

So I'm guessing that you need to enter it like that.

Nice catch -- I hadn't noticed that before.
      --VS
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Ok so enter Tx and xT to get all the T with any kicker combos. Hmm when someone inputs Tx they would assume they get all Tx combos
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Ok so enter Tx and xT to get all the T with any kicker combos. Hmm when someone inputs Tx they would assume they get all Tx combos
      Not necessarily. But you have a point.

The behavior of 5x (or Yx for any Y) shouldn't be changed. That would mess up for experienced user. But, a new feature could be introduced. Let zxx (or zy or whatever) give all combos with a z.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      When you write 5x and then click somewhere else, what you wrote changes to 52s+,52o+. Hence you assume that it has taken all combos of 5 with any kicker since its 52s+ so all kickers upwards of 2.

That is misleading since it actually took in only 52s, 53s and 54s which isn't 52s+.

Are you saying experienced users are used to that and understand that 52s+ means 52s, 53s and 54s only?

Am I wrong in assuming that 5x or 52s+ means 5 with any kicker? Has it always meant 5 with all kickers lower than 5?
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Are you saying experienced users are used to that and understand that 52s+ means 52s, 53s and 54s only?
      Yes, since they probably have read "Syntax documentation and tips" to be found under the help menu.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Hmmm, fair enough :)
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Silver
      Hmmm, fair enough :)
      Perhaps, but note that I fully support your suggestion about extended functionality :f_biggrin: