$50 Free bankroll to $2000 in 2 months

• GrantT420
      GrantT420
      Silver
      Through successful bankroll management I've managed to turn my free $50 bankroll at FT into $2000 since late august when I received it. I mostly play short handed sngs and lots of heads up cash games and sngs but find the HU sngs to be not very proftiable even though I've won almost 60% of my matches.
      I started with $5 sit and goes and low limit cash games til I built up my BR a bit then moved to $11 sngs with the occasional MTT in there for a little change of pace.
      I now play consistently at the $22-$36 buy in range and recently picked up on omaha. I tried a omaha hi/lo tourny for the first time and did pretty well but lost when I found myself shortstacked from a bad beat and then flopped a set of 3s all in and 2 ppl had flush draws and hit.
      I decided to try my luck again earlier this week with a $26 omaha hi KO tourny and actually ended up winning the thing and taking a cool $1060.

Just wanted to thank the guys at pokerstrategy for the free bankroll and the great articles they have on bankroll management and short table strategy.
      I also found helpful the article on FT about the Chris Ferguson $10K experiment where he explains how he started with $0 and by using BRM he successfully turned it into $10,000 in just 6 months.
      Oh, and I LOVE the 27% rakeback at FT. It's a nice suprise at the end of the week, especially if you've been off ur game a bit and are down a bit on the week.
      Thanks again guys!
  • 3 replies
    • furiouscar
      furiouscar
      Global
      Congratz! However, you said you received your bankroll in August, but as I see you registerred in September?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantT420
      I also found helpful the article on FT about the Chris Ferguson $10K experiment where he explains how he started with $0 and by using BRM he successfully turned it into $10,000 in just 6 months.
      Oh, and I LOVE the 27% rakeback at FT.
      Thanks again guys!
      Congrats Man. Thats some pretty nice earnings from $50!!! hope you keep it up!! Oh and i read that article about Chris Ferguson and also found it very helpful, people should try and find it! And i know what you mean about the rakeback!!!

Good Luck, hope you get your bankroll even bigger!!
    • GrantT420
      GrantT420
      Silver
      yes, september 2007... I hadn't taken advantage of the free bankroll till august of this year though. I was just playing on partypoker and using pokerstrategy for its articles only.