Ongame closed Highstakes Poker account without any statement

• akut
      akut
      Bronze
      A friend of mine sent me this alarming text and asked me to post this here.

--------
      I write this post, because of an outrageous incident which occured:

My ongame account has been blocked since Monday (27.10) for "security meassures" and i dont know why and what i can do.
      I cannot play, login and have no access to my money.

They neither gave any reason, explanation or timeframe, when i can use my account again. On top of that my last email is unanswered, so they don't contact me any more.

The account contained much more than 150K$ so it is a big issue for me.

I am playing poker on a regular basis at the highest stakes (HU, FR, SH up to NL10K$) on ongame and earning a lot every month.
      My screenname there is "downswing4u".

I will gave the short story of my view, and then quote the email contact which i had with the site.

I have absolutely no idea, why they made this, but perhaps it is because of one occurence which happened on the evening before they closed my account. There was a Heads-up match against a maniac (his name was "unafak", think to remember he came from the UK).

I took him around 60K$, and he played really bad.
      The strange thing was, that another regular came to one of my other open HU tables and said something about this "unafak" guy, that he saw him chip dumping earlier this day. I answered that this is nothing of my interest and continued to play.

I am not sure whether i have paranoia here, but since the last scandals on other sides i am very worrying about my money, because that should be an amount where it can be profitable for the site-holders to close accounts and then break away and disappearing to nowhere. Until now i was never aware of the fact, that something like this is even possible.

I have absolutely no idea how to act and what i can do but wait and pray. Also i hope, that some public interest in this case will help, so i appreciate any help in this matter!!

Here is the whole email contact i had with the customer support manager and with the vip manager:

On Monday i RECEIVED:
      Hi XXX,
      My name is Lori and I am the Customer Support Manager.

I am emailing you today to inform you that a block has been placed on your account due to a security check. We are investigating your recent playing sessions as a security measure as you were flagged in our reports. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Once we receive confirmation that this security check is resolved, you will be informed and we will enable your account for you.
      Lori

So i ANSWERED:
      Hello Sir,
      I dont understand, why my account is been security checked, but i assume this is a standard massure to secure the security for all.

As you can see in my history i am playing poker professionally, so i loose a lot of money (or dont win a lot of money) for every day i cant play.

What do you think, how long the account will be blocked, because this will affect, whether i have to look after alternatives to play in the duration of the block.

Sincerely XXX

RECEIVED 1 hour later:
      Hi XXX,
      We need until Wednesday to look into this and resolve it, possibly longer. Thanks,
      Lori

On Wednesday i tried to log in to my account again and it was still blocked.
      So i wrote another email, because they said, that my account could be fine on wednesday again:
      Hello Sir,
      It is wednesday now, and i tried to log in to my account, but it is still blocked.

I made some google research and found out, that these security checks are not standard on ongame, so i find this a little bit weird.

I expect to get my account open soon, and if not, at least a detailed description why my account has been blocked for this long time.

Sincerely XXX

I didn´t receive any answer so i wrote again on thursday:
      Now it is Thursday, there is no anwer, no reaction, my account is still blocked and i begin to find this very strange.

From my view Ongame is closing a highstakeaccount which is playing on a regular basic and make a lot of winnings on this site, without any reason, explanation or anything else.

As written i have to change sites and some other issues (configure stats for them etc.) so it is really annoying for me at the moment.

I will wait until tomorrow, and if there is no answer to this point, i would post this affair in some forums (2+2, deucescracked, cardrunners, pokestrategy and some others).

As i told you i want to ensure the good relationship, so i hope the whole affair will be solved, and that this is just some sort of miscommunication or misunderstanding.

sincerely XXX

------
  • 11 replies
    • furiouscar
      furiouscar
      Global
      Which site did he play on?

$150k is a huge amount. If anyone tried to steal it, bring them to the court.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      wow, this could go far.
      do they think he was cheating or something?
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      The following is my personal opinion and no official statement from pokerstrategy whatsoever:

I just can't believe that they will close his account forever.
      They would loose the trust of their players which would cause the players to change the platform which would result in huge rake losings.

Maybe the account of that "unafak" guy got hacked and the hacker splashed around with the money to obliterate chip dumping. Well and your friend was one of the "lucky" guys who got some of that money.
      And now ongame has to check if there has been any kind of chip dumping before the hacker or his accomplice has the chance to withdraw the money. And since your friend played against that "unafak" guy and won a striking amount of money from him ongame will most likely also check the account of your friend.

Of course if I would be in his position I would be worried too! And I wouldn't stop mailing the support. But I think there's still a good chance that he'll get his account and his money back.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • akut
      akut
      Bronze
      An update from my friend:

---------
      Update: After a long weekend with many mails, phone calls and chat sessions Ongame informed me today that my account is reinstated again.

The thing that set OnGame off was the fact that you won so much in such a short amount of time. Although you have explained the situation, we have to recommend that if you ever run into another similar situation, that you walk away. I guess the expression that “if it seems too good to be true, it probably is” is accurate here. I would advise you to stick to your regular play patterns as much as possible.

Thank you for all your help. I learnt much from this affair.
      Let's join the action!
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      So they are basically saying: "Don't run so hot again in your life or we will take your moniez!"

Obviously there is a possibility that he is cheating...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akut

---------
      Update: After a long weekend with many mails, phone calls and chat sessions Ongame informed me today that my account is reinstated again.

The thing that set OnGame off was the fact that you won so much in such a short amount of time. Although you have explained the situation, we have to recommend that if you ever run into another similar situation, that you walk away. I guess the expression that “if it seems too good to be true, it probably is” is accurate here. I would advise you to stick to your regular play patterns as much as possible.

Let's join the action!
      This is BS.

How do they expect someone to walk away from a drunk donk?

Its stupid to even ask this from a player. IMO they should fix their security issues and let ppl play.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by akut

---------

Let's join the action!
      unbelievable :rolleyes:

I'd advise to change platform and stick to his "regular play patterns" somewhere else, where high stakes player is welcome... OK, it's understandable what they did, but not explaining the process to someone fully involved is inexcusable; no matter what were the reasons. And waiting so long to check 1 session with 1 opponent is not normal too..

Can you please tell me/us which site it is??
    • furiouscar
      furiouscar
      Global
      I can't imagine it. Tell your friend to leave. It's rediculous that the site don't want their players to win a lot.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I believe its not necessarily about the friend winning so much, but more about the other player losing so much.

Whenever an account gets hacked and the $150k within the account is spewed around the Pokerroom in a magnificent act of chip-dumping - everyone is always asking why Pokerrooms don't detect such things earlier and close the account, etc. etc. etc.

Here it seems that a player spewing away his entire bankroll in what seemed like chip dumping - resulting in Ogame temporarily closing the involved accounts, in order to investigate.

Although I won't commend them on the way they handled the case, especially not the seemingly lacking communication, I think people are taking it a bit far by saying "your not allowed to win large amounts" - its simply security measures that detect abnormally large losses in very short amounts of time (something that I have several high stakes players ask for in the past).
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze

Originally posted by SoyCD
      Although I won't commend them on the way they handled the case, especially not the seemingly lacking communication, I think people are taking it a bit far by saying "your not allowed to win large amounts" - its simply security measures that detect abnormally large losses in very short amounts of time (something that I have several high stakes players ask for in the past).
      I think you missed something soy. The problem isn't in their actions, it's in their explanation.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19

Originally posted by SoyCD
      I think you missed something soy. The problem isn't in their actions, it's in their explanation.
      Oh I wasn't sure if that was really from them or his friend, but now noticed the "we recommend" there. Didn't really seem like something a site would say.