• wilsric
      Hi Folks,

I first played poker about 10 years ago, just a few friendly games with colleagues over the course of a few months, and that was that. Until a few weeks ago that is. The children are getting a bit older so I've the chance of some free time in the evenings, and my interest in the game has been rejuvenated.

It's entertaining, puzzling, mathematical, analytical, psychological. It's social, and yet I can also do it alone anywhere there's a PC or a phone signal. It's a hobby I can fit around work, overtime, the wife and the children.

It's Perfect!!!
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Hey wilsric,

Welcome to :)

You are dead right. poker is all those things plus a lot more.

Have you had a look around the site yet? A food place to check out is our free poker money

Ofc if you have any questions at all, just ask :)

Happy Grinding

• wilsric
      Thanks Laz,

I've had a look around the site, it's a bit overwhelming at first as there is so much information here! I've just started going through the NL beginners course though, so hopefully that will focus me on information suitable to my negligible skill level, fingers crossed that goes well.

Sadly I already opened accounts on pokerstars and william hill before I discovered PokerStrategy, but I'll be sure to make use of some of the other offers available from here.

• ThatGuyMatt
      Welcome wilsric,

I see you're still Basic, do you need any help/advice getting that status up ? :)