[NL2-NL10] Nl100 88. Played terribly ofc.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $34.98
      Hero:
      $16.50

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $2.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($7.00) 3:spade: , 6:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($13.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($13.00) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $13.00

1) As played i should have pushed river at the least.

2) Flopbet looks weak to me, but i didn't want to risk my whole stack so i just called.

That said a call is bad cos villain can then either take me on a trip to valuetown, get me to fold with another bet or just take free cards... If i really think he has nothing i should just push right?

I guess calling Flop, Pushing Turn if he checks is a horrible line also? Maybe he'll think we're trying to float him and call with Axo :D (That thought amuses me) However if he just checked Turn for potcontrol with Qx he has an easy call...
  • 3 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      C/F on the flop...
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk

1) As played i should have pushed river at the least.

Yep. Qx is even more unlikely now and you have the best hand nearly always. This fishy looking villain could look you up pretty lightly after your relatively weak line.

2) Flopbet looks weak to me, but i didn't want to risk my whole stack so i just called.

When you rasie and get called here you will normally be in pretty bad shape. Raising with AK would be preferable since you will have loads more equity WHEN CALLED and also possibly fold out better hands rather than worse.

That said a call is bad cos villain can then either take me on a trip to valuetown, get me to fold with another bet or just take free cards... If i really think he has nothing i should just push right?

Lots of villain specific ways to play your hand but folding and raising seem less preferable than calling. Although having said this, this donkbet often means "I don't have a Q but something marginal or a draw" in which case raising is fine especially if you are likely to be called by worse. Calling is obvoiously good versus aggro-fish with every prospect of a turn barrell.

I guess calling Flop, Pushing Turn if he checks is a horrible line also?

Not if he is unlikely to bluff river if you check behind turn. I think your hand is often good on the turn since this fishy villain probably doesn't even know what pot-control is.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      call flop is ok, you could also raise to avoid seing ugly cards on the turn

as played bet turn
      as played bet river ^^

in a blindbattle you have nuts :D