[NL2-NL10] NL5 JJ on the bad flop against small bets

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $9,85
      Hero:
      $5,42

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , J:club: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,04.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 checks, MP3 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,28, 5 folds, MP3 calls $0,24.

Flop: ($0,70) K:diamond: , A:spade: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,12, Hero raises to $0,36, MP3 calls $0,24.

Turn: ($1,42) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,12, Hero calls $0,12.

River: ($1,66) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,12, Hero calls $0,12.

Final Pot: $1,90
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If you are going to call small bets dont raise.
      If you raise with trash and he calls, then you are done with the hand.
      You dont want to fatten the pot with trash.
      I prob just fold flop against unknown since you showed strength pf.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Well, his donkbet on the flop made me think he has nothing or almost nothing and wants to get the pot right away hoping I didn't hit either. Well, on this particular flop it's not the best way of thinking, cause as the pre-flop aggressor I likely had an ace or a king, but that's what I did. I knew I was way behind in most cases when he called my reraise, but could I fold to those small bets?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      I thing you have an easy fold on the flop. I'm not seeing donk betting with hand that you beat.
      As played fold turn.

Best regards,
      kukkiwon_BG
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Well, his donkbet on the flop made me think he has nothing or almost nothing and wants to get the pot right away hoping I didn't hit either. Well, on this particular flop it's not the best way of thinking, cause as the pre-flop aggressor I likely had an ace or a king, but that's what I did. I knew I was way behind in most cases when he called my reraise, but could I fold to those small bets?
      Mostly those minbets mean hes on a draw or wants you to call, since theres not many draws here he prob has a better hand than you (Ax/Kx if hes loose, AK/99 if hes tight)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      calling is better then raising in this situation. he isnt folding nothing in this situation (not an a ,, nor a k or a draw) so you will have to give up anyway after you raise and he calls
      i would call flop and probably fold turn
      gl