This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Climbing Everest from somewhere in Scotland

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Hi guys, :)

This is going to be my third and final attempt at a blog!

Intro:
      I have played poker for a few years now consistently starting to study, play well then lose motivation and i am sick of it.

At the moment i am playing NL5 (euros) on Everest with the majority of it being speed poker and will soon be moving up to NL10 and i have decided to start a blog so i can post a few hands and keep motivated while PS sort out a problem with tracking my account. (hence why i am still bronze and not silver so i can post hands)

I started to actually put some effort into poker over the last couple of months and feel that i have finally clicked with what i need to do to get better and rise up through the stakes.

Because i am in the UK my bankroll is in £ which is a little annoying but i have found it helps me to no waste any of it and play higher etc etc. So i am playing 5NL in euros but will be using my £ currency when looking at moving up in stakes so i have that little extra cushion.

Shorterm goals :
      Shot NL10 when i reach £200 bankroll
      Post hands weekly in this blog
      Review my sessions after every session

Longterm Goals:
      Reach 50nl on ipoker network
      Use bonuses to gain extra RB and build my roll to £2k
      Become confident in my game
      Bink a tourney for more thank $1k

Where i am at the moment :
      Roll : £171.33
      Reward points : 2444
      Days to clear bonus : 3
  • 11 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi stompy91 and welcome to blogs for the third time then!

I just wondered where in Scotland you are, I've lived in a few places there on the east coast mostly. I grew up in and around Dundee actually, but that was many, many moons ago.

Anyway, I wish you well with the blog and getting a positive result with your tracking problem and we'll see you posting those tricky hands at nl50 very soon!

Best regards and keep having fun,

Mal.
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      I stay in Glasgow :)
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      The last few days I have played terribly trying to grind hard through the last few days of the bonus and reach a higher VIP status. I am back down to £125 and will be starting April fresh and ready to crush.
      I really need to be more consistent as I feel I can beat nl5 but have never really been able to crush.
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Some exciting news :D

I have just booked a coaching session with w34z3l for Wednesday night and hopefully we can spot some of my problems and get me winning soon :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Hi Stompy,

gl with the coaching, I hope you'll enjoy it.

Also, I love the title of your blog :D

Subbed and best of luck,
      Fran
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Thanks Frankie! It's nice to see a celebrity commenting on my blog ;)

Yeah it should be fun :)

Lol I'm not the most imaginative person tbh so can you guess where I'm playing? Haha
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Soooo...

Just had my microstake check up with w34z3l which i must say was excellent! I think i learnt more in an hour than i have in the last year :D

Things to sort out :

Download Equilab
      Fold to more 3bets as my current stat is only 34% (should be near 70%)
      Stealing from BTN + Blinds more
      Open up my range from the button
      Cold call from BB more
      Add some fold to steal stats to HUD

Also today i played a little and had a very good day - see below

I feel way more confident in my game now and will be looking at all these things in detail over the next few weeks while i begin to CRUSH NL5!

As it stands :
      Bankroll - £120.82
      VIP points - 229.57 ( reach 6000 for $100 rakeback )

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Yesterday was my first real grind after having my coaching and i felt i played a lot better.
      Definately stealing more is stopping me losing money and i was definately calling less 3bets.

Overall it was a very swingy day which started well but hit some bad variance through the middle then i grinded back to even so i cant call it a losing day :)

Bankroll : £122.16
      VIP's : 465.16

Here are a couple of hands since i still can't get my problem with the tracking at Everest sorted.

.... Okay it turns out the hand converter does not convert hands from Everest? anyone got any ideas?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <session sessioncode="6229524702">
      <general>
      <mode>real</mode>
      <gametype>Holdem NL €0.02/€0.05</gametype>
      <tablename>Speed Hold'em 1, 6229524702</tablename>
      <tablecurrency>EUR</tablecurrency>
      <duration>N/A</duration>
      <gamecount>N/A</gamecount>
      <startdate>2014-04-03 20:10:11</startdate>
      <currency>GBP</currency>
      <nickname>ForReal12</nickname>
      <bets>N/A</bets>
      <wins>N/A</wins>
      <chipsin>N/A</chipsin>
      <chipsout>N/A</chipsout>
      <ipoints>N/A</ipoints>
      <statuspoints>N/A</statuspoints>
      <awardpoints>N/A</awardpoints>

</general>
      <game gamecode="5623701898">
      <general>
      <startdate>2014-04-03 20:25:55</startdate>
      <players>
      <player seat="1" name="murrrrky" chips="€3.16" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0.05" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="3" name="Ducky999" chips="€6.93" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0.15" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="5" name="MIKEAWEL" chips="€2.46" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="6" name="3up3" chips="€4.55" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0.15" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="8" name="ForReal12" chips="€6.32" dealer="1" win="€12.13" bet="€6.32" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="10" name="LeonMat" chips="€7.61" dealer="0" win="€0.04" bet="€6.36" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/>
      </players>
      </general>
      <round no="0">
      <action no="2" player="murrrrky" type="2" sum="€0.05" cards="[cards]"/><action no="1" player="LeonMat" type="1" sum="€0.02" cards="[cards]"/>
      </round>
      <round no="1">
      <cards type="Pocket" player="murrrrky">X X</cards><action no="8" player="murrrrky" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="Ducky999">X X</cards><action no="3" player="Ducky999" type="23" sum="€0.15" cards=""/><action no="9" player="Ducky999" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="MIKEAWEL">X X</cards><action no="4" player="MIKEAWEL" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="3up3">X X</cards><action no="5" player="3up3" type="3" sum="€0.15" cards=""/><action no="10" player="3up3" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="ForReal12">C7 D7</cards><action no="6" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€0.15" cards=""/><action no="11" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€0.40" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="LeonMat">HJ SJ</cards><action no="7" player="LeonMat" type="23" sum="€0.55" cards=""/>
      </round>
      <round no="2">
      <cards type="Flop" player="">D9 H7 C2</cards><action no="13" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€0.72" cards=""/><action no="12" player="LeonMat" type="5" sum="€0.72" cards=""/>
      </round>
      <round no="3">
      <cards type="Turn" player="">D6</cards><action no="15" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€1.44" cards=""/><action no="14" player="LeonMat" type="5" sum="€1.44" cards=""/>
      </round>
      <round no="4">
      <cards type="River" player="">HK</cards><action no="17" player="ForReal12" type="7" sum="€3.61" cards=""/><action no="16" player="LeonMat" type="5" sum="€3.65" cards=""/>
      </round>

</game>
      </session>
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      After my coaching i decided i needed to set up my laptop etc for drinding and now have this set up :

I have had a bit of a swingy time after my coaching and feel like i have a hell of a lot i need to sort out. Everyones graph seems to be steady but mine is all over the place :

Bankroll : £148.94 (£128.94 + £20 in tourney winnings)
      VIP points : 1322
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      It's very normal to hit a b/e period over 10-20k hands, nothing to worry about really, just keep the hard work up and you'll hit a heater in no time.

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      @FRANKIEEEEEEE
      Thanks man, hopefully it will come soon.

Yesterdays graph is the same although i felt i was playing well but started to run pretty bad after 400 hands.

Bankroll : £118.65
      VIP points : 1514