Climbing Everest from somewhere in Scotland

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Hi guys, :)

This is going to be my third and final attempt at a blog!

Intro:
      I have played poker for a few years now consistently starting to study, play well then lose motivation and i am sick of it.

At the moment i am playing NL5 (euros) on Everest with the majority of it being speed poker and will soon be moving up to NL10 and i have decided to start a blog so i can post a few hands and keep motivated while PS sort out a problem with tracking my account. (hence why i am still bronze and not silver so i can post hands)

I started to actually put some effort into poker over the last couple of months and feel that i have finally clicked with what i need to do to get better and rise up through the stakes.

Because i am in the UK my bankroll is in £ which is a little annoying but i have found it helps me to no waste any of it and play higher etc etc. So i am playing 5NL in euros but will be using my £ currency when looking at moving up in stakes so i have that little extra cushion.

Shorterm goals :
      Shot NL10 when i reach £200 bankroll
      Post hands weekly in this blog
      Review my sessions after every session

Longterm Goals:
      Reach 50nl on ipoker network
      Use bonuses to gain extra RB and build my roll to £2k
      Become confident in my game
      Bink a tourney for more thank $1k

Where i am at the moment :
      Roll : £171.33
      Reward points : 2444
      Days to clear bonus : 3
  • 11 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi stompy91 and welcome to blogs for the third time then!

I just wondered where in Scotland you are, I've lived in a few places there on the east coast mostly. I grew up in and around Dundee actually, but that was many, many moons ago.

Anyway, I wish you well with the blog and getting a positive result with your tracking problem and we'll see you posting those tricky hands at nl50 very soon!

Best regards and keep having fun,

Mal.
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      I stay in Glasgow :)
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      The last few days I have played terribly trying to grind hard through the last few days of the bonus and reach a higher VIP status. I am back down to £125 and will be starting April fresh and ready to crush.
      I really need to be more consistent as I feel I can beat nl5 but have never really been able to crush.
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Some exciting news :D

I have just booked a coaching session with w34z3l for Wednesday night and hopefully we can spot some of my problems and get me winning soon :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi Stompy,

gl with the coaching, I hope you'll enjoy it.

Also, I love the title of your blog :D

Subbed and best of luck,
      Fran
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Thanks Frankie! It's nice to see a celebrity commenting on my blog ;)

Yeah it should be fun :)

Lol I'm not the most imaginative person tbh so can you guess where I'm playing? Haha
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Soooo...

Just had my microstake check up with w34z3l which i must say was excellent! I think i learnt more in an hour than i have in the last year :D

Things to sort out :

Download Equilab
      Fold to more 3bets as my current stat is only 34% (should be near 70%)
      Stealing from BTN + Blinds more
      Open up my range from the button
      Cold call from BB more
      Add some fold to steal stats to HUD

Also today i played a little and had a very good day - see below

I feel way more confident in my game now and will be looking at all these things in detail over the next few weeks while i begin to CRUSH NL5!

As it stands :
      Bankroll - £120.82
      VIP points - 229.57 ( reach 6000 for $100 rakeback )

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Yesterday was my first real grind after having my coaching and i felt i played a lot better.
      Definately stealing more is stopping me losing money and i was definately calling less 3bets.

Overall it was a very swingy day which started well but hit some bad variance through the middle then i grinded back to even so i cant call it a losing day :)

Bankroll : £122.16
      VIP's : 465.16

Here are a couple of hands since i still can't get my problem with the tracking at Everest sorted.

.... Okay it turns out the hand converter does not convert hands from Everest? anyone got any ideas?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <session sessioncode="6229524702">
      <general>
      <mode>real</mode>
      <gametype>Holdem NL €0.02/€0.05</gametype>
      <tablename>Speed Hold'em 1, 6229524702</tablename>
      <tablecurrency>EUR</tablecurrency>
      <duration>N/A</duration>
      <gamecount>N/A</gamecount>
      <startdate>2014-04-03 20:10:11</startdate>
      <currency>GBP</currency>
      <nickname>ForReal12</nickname>
      <bets>N/A</bets>
      <wins>N/A</wins>
      <chipsin>N/A</chipsin>
      <chipsout>N/A</chipsout>
      <ipoints>N/A</ipoints>
      <statuspoints>N/A</statuspoints>
      <awardpoints>N/A</awardpoints>

</general>
      <game gamecode="5623701898">
      <general>
      <startdate>2014-04-03 20:25:55</startdate>
      <players>
      <player seat="1" name="murrrrky" chips="€3.16" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0.05" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="3" name="Ducky999" chips="€6.93" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0.15" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="5" name="MIKEAWEL" chips="€2.46" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="6" name="3up3" chips="€4.55" dealer="0" win="€0" bet="€0.15" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="8" name="ForReal12" chips="€6.32" dealer="1" win="€12.13" bet="€6.32" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/><player seat="10" name="LeonMat" chips="€7.61" dealer="0" win="€0.04" bet="€6.36" rebuy="0" addon="0" reg_code="-"/>
      </players>
      </general>
      <round no="0">
      <action no="2" player="murrrrky" type="2" sum="€0.05" cards="[cards]"/><action no="1" player="LeonMat" type="1" sum="€0.02" cards="[cards]"/>
      </round>
      <round no="1">
      <cards type="Pocket" player="murrrrky">X X</cards><action no="8" player="murrrrky" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="Ducky999">X X</cards><action no="3" player="Ducky999" type="23" sum="€0.15" cards=""/><action no="9" player="Ducky999" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="MIKEAWEL">X X</cards><action no="4" player="MIKEAWEL" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="3up3">X X</cards><action no="5" player="3up3" type="3" sum="€0.15" cards=""/><action no="10" player="3up3" type="0" sum="€0" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="ForReal12">C7 D7</cards><action no="6" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€0.15" cards=""/><action no="11" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€0.40" cards=""/><cards type="Pocket" player="LeonMat">HJ SJ</cards><action no="7" player="LeonMat" type="23" sum="€0.55" cards=""/>
      </round>
      <round no="2">
      <cards type="Flop" player="">D9 H7 C2</cards><action no="13" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€0.72" cards=""/><action no="12" player="LeonMat" type="5" sum="€0.72" cards=""/>
      </round>
      <round no="3">
      <cards type="Turn" player="">D6</cards><action no="15" player="ForReal12" type="3" sum="€1.44" cards=""/><action no="14" player="LeonMat" type="5" sum="€1.44" cards=""/>
      </round>
      <round no="4">
      <cards type="River" player="">HK</cards><action no="17" player="ForReal12" type="7" sum="€3.61" cards=""/><action no="16" player="LeonMat" type="5" sum="€3.65" cards=""/>
      </round>

</game>
      </session>
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      After my coaching i decided i needed to set up my laptop etc for drinding and now have this set up :

I have had a bit of a swingy time after my coaching and feel like i have a hell of a lot i need to sort out. Everyones graph seems to be steady but mine is all over the place :

Bankroll : £148.94 (£128.94 + £20 in tourney winnings)
      VIP points : 1322
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      It's very normal to hit a b/e period over 10-20k hands, nothing to worry about really, just keep the hard work up and you'll hit a heater in no time.

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      @FRANKIEEEEEEE
      Thanks man, hopefully it will come soon.

Yesterdays graph is the same although i felt i was playing well but started to run pretty bad after 400 hands.

Bankroll : £118.65
      VIP points : 1514