Bankroll Builder on FTP - Easter Grind

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      You can find me on a table full of vodka and tequila
      Surrounded by some bunnies, and it ain't even Easter... Wait it is actually Easter.

Although I have been crushing pretty good in March I just haven't been that motivated to put in a lot a work, so I thought starting with a small BR on a new site might be a fun challenge for me as well as for those how might follow my adventures through April, and maybe further (?).

The plan is to start with the $41,97 that I have left in my FTP account and play NL2 and due to the low action very soon mix in some NL5. I know it's not smart bankroll management and that Taylor Caby probably won't approve, but I am confident enough that I will beat these limits and since the "Easter Grind" competition is about volume I will try to play high volume.

As I have mentioned this month (March) have been a pretty big failure concerning volume and study, I have been going out a lot and been lazy, which is two factors I will try to control better in April by try scheduling my free time, that will leave a better chance for me to reach the goals I have for April.

Goals:
      :club: 75,000 hands
      :club: Watch two training videos each week
      :club: Run twice each week
      :club: Make schedules for each week
      :club: Run above EV
  • 31 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      The "real" challenge has not started yet, but I will already try to start updating on a daily basis now, it will be interesting to see how long I can keep that up. :D Maybe I will make some kind of giveaway for each day I don't post if I feel confident enough that I will be able to make a daily post through out the entire month.

Today was pretty mediocre, Full Tilt kept crashing when I was playing 16 tables, I'm not sure what causes it, but my main suspect is Table Ninja, I don't have any problems with lagging while running FTP, HM2 and TN2, so I don't really know, but TN2 have been messing up a bit so far. I will look further into it tomorrow, maybe I will just try to play 12-14 tables and see if it stops randomly crashing.

It's really hard to put in good volume because outside of the rush hours the are only a total of around 14 NL2 and NL5 tables running, so I'm starting a lot of tables which is a lot of fun, but it still takes some time to get enough tables up and running, but I will hopefully get used to it.

Today I think I played 7-8 hours and I got very close to 5k hands, so not as many hands/hour as playing zoom, but it still fun to be playing regular tables for a change. I played mainly NL2 and NL5, but at the end I thought I would give NL10 a shot which did not work out, only lost $4 so no biggie, but was hoping to win, so I ended below my own expectation. :f_biggrin: I know I shouldn't be playing NL10 with only $50 in my BR, but I was going to quit pretty quickly and I know I can easily build back up.

I was also reviewing a bunch of hands and I marked around 10 hands that I will go a bit more into depth with tomorrow, since I feel to tired now, and probably post them in the forum for evaluation and maybe look into some of the more common spots.

Quote of the day:

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      GL, but I'm afraid 75K hands won't be enough to ship this promo :coolface: (Unless the biggest grinders ignore it, which is quite probable.)
    • ZeDawning
      ZeDawning
      Bronze
      Why would run above EV be a goal? :D

GL - will follow.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      GL, but I'm afraid 75K hands won't be enough to ship this promo :coolface: (Unless the biggest grinders ignore it, which is quite probable.)
      Yes, I'm aware that it might not be enough to win the competition, but unlike some of those volume sickos I don't play nano stakes for a living, so I don't have the same amount of time as them, so setting a goal of 120,000 hands wouldn't lead anywhere. I do intend on playing as much as possible this month though and hopefully at least give them some competition. :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by ZeDawning
      Why would run above EV be a goal? :D

GL - will follow.
      Meant as a joke, but it's always nice to run good so why not? :f_biggrin:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Today was a pretty bad day, played 6 hours today just to lose a BI, so I'm feeling a little down right now, I was hoping to kinda crush and be at 10NL in no time, but it seems like it may take longer time than I expected, not that I don't feel like I beat the game, I just feel like I'm starting to run slightly bad, have had AA cracked a couple times today AI pre-flop and ad a lot of coolers against me, I never really had a hot streak like you usually have in 4k hands. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'm getting a little sick of the low hands/hour, so I'm actually thinking about trying out rush, which would mean I would have to play 6-max, but I guess I should be able to play that as well, not really sure though I guess we will see in the next couple of days what I chose.

I had a little time tonight to go over the hands from yesterday and most of them seemed pretty standard, but posted a couple where I was unsure about what to do in some specific spots, and hopefully I will get some constructive feedback on them I can work with. Now I will try to watch a strategy video before going to bed.

[CENTER]Quote of the day:
      Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.[/CENTER]
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Didn't get to update last night, I played until around 23.00 and watched the ending of some of the MLB games, not too happy about Reds losing. Lost 50e on that game which tilted me to throw another 50e on online roulette. :(

Poker went good though although I ran pretty bad, got aces cracked a couple of times in some semi deep pots. I decided to go to 2NL Rush and the games are really soft, as expected for 2NL, but the fact that it's 6-max doesn't bother me too much, and I plan on keep playing rush poker, that was I also get more hands/hour and I can still watch some ballgame or TV-show on the side.

The plan for today is to go grocery shopping after work, when I get home maybe grab a bite to eat before I start grinding if I'm hungry. Then go for a run, when I get back make dinner and finally grind until I cant keep my eyes open any more.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Yesterday was a pretty decent day, won a couple BI's at 2NL, took a shot at 5NL where I made around 1,5 BI, so I will definitely try to stay at 5NL rather than playing 2NL. Got most of the things done yesterday, went shopping (forgot toilet paper though, the story will wait for another time), played a good amount of poker, made a good meal, but didn't go for a run.

Today I have to buy the before mentioned toilet paper and some other stuff I also forgot yesterday and grind. It's raining in Dublin today, so I'm not going for a run today etiher. Maybe I will look at some hands tonight, I have found some spots I'm trying to work a little on and hopefully that will decrese my loses in some spots.

Just got a call from my mom, I don't even know where to start, she actually thought I should go for a career as poker pro! Definitely motivating to know that people close to you believe that you should go for your dreams, it is something I hope I will be able to do someday and now I just want it even more!

I have taken the next two days of from work since I thought I would go to London, but I was to lazy to order the tickets, so I will just stay home and play poker, maybe go out tomorrow night and go to play live on friday, but I guess we will see if I'm going anywhere at all. :f_biggrin:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Okay, time for a little update. I didn't play yesterday since I was feeling a little bad and tired, so went to bed early. When I woke up today I was just ready to grind, so I have played around 5.3k hands so far today, no doubt I will play some more. Results have been really good. In my latest session I felt like trying to play a bit more loose aggressive which really paid off, no one plays back at you, or at least rarely.

All I really want to do is play poker, so I will probably not go out tonight, although I will keep the option open if I get at least another 2.5k hands. The BR is also close to $100, so I might try to take a shot at 10NL pretty soon if everything keeps going good. I know it's really aggressive BRM, but to be honest the games are so soft and having to move back down is no problem for me.

Graph for the month so far:

I feel like I got totally soul read in this hand!

Full Tilt, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $6.77 (135.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $6.20 (124 bb)
      SB: $6.25 (125 bb)
      BB: $5.23 (104.6 bb)
      UTG: $3.11 (62.2 bb)
      MP: $8.37 (167.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T A
      UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.47) J 6 5 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.47) 7 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.88, UTG calls $0.88

River: ($3.23) K (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.26, UTG calls $1.53

Results:
      $6.29 pot ($0.31 rake)
      Final Board: J 6 5 7 K
      Hero showed T A and won $0.00 (-$3.11 net)
      UTG showed 2 2 and won $5.98 ($2.87 net)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Why do I have to be such a weak fish :f_cry:

BTN: $3.55 (71 bb)
      SB: $4.57 (91.4 bb)
      BB: $10.90 (218 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.82 (216.4 bb)
      MP: $11.88 (237.6 bb)
      CO: $12.43 (248.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7 7
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 4 7 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.87) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $10.98 and is all-in, Hero calls $9.92 and is all-in

River: ($21.71) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $21.71 pot ($1.08 rake)
      Final Board: 4 7 T 2 Q
      Hero showed 7 7 and lost (-$10.82 net)
      MP showed J 9 and won $20.63 ($9.81 net)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Honestly, I don't think I could find a fold there either! Usually those huge overbet shoves are either the nuts or nothing and I think most micro stakes guys that overbet sometimes, will overbet as a bluff, but not as often for value.

So with a decent bluffcatcher I call as well, but I'm honestly not completely sure it's the right move in this spot :f_biggrin:

Also very nice graph, keep it up :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Things have been a lot more swingy the last couple days, but there haven't been much to update about. It has been a really quite day at the office today, so I have spent most of the day reading blogs, and I got really inspired by some of the stuff I read. I will not make a long update now, but just make a plan for today.

:club: Go to the mall with a friend
      :club: Make dinner
      :club: Play >3-3.5 hours
      :club: Write longer update here
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi JC didnt notice you have the Easter Gring thread too, snap subbed gl sir,

gogoggoo :)

Fran
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Okay, so it's time for an update. As I mentioned earlier, there haven't really been too much to update about and there still isn't. Everything has been pretty standard, a little swingy, but I have managed to pull a lot of winning sessions anyway, so I'm pretty happy with results as well as the volume.

The initial goals haven't been very successful so far, I haven't been out for a run yet, I have watched two training videos, but very passively, I haven't been making schedules, but I have made goals for my self for each day and I have managed to succeed on most of them. I have certainly not been running above EV, but I'm well ahead of schedule with the volume part.

Today I was shooting for 3-3,5 hours of play, but after around 2 hours I had to quit since I was too tired to continue. I got started a lot later than expected because I had forgot Game of Thrones aired last night, so I obviously had to watch it today, and I was exactly as good as I had expected if not better. I absolutely loved the final scene of the episode with Arya Stark!

My roll are pretty much ready to start taking shots at 10NL, I had quite a lot of swings lately though, so I would prefer to get up to around 20 BI's before taking a shot. Hopefully with some run good this will happen some time this week.

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Just something for the lolz :f_biggrin:

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Not sure if disciplined or bad river fold? Maybe just check back?

BTN: $2 (40 bb)
      SB: $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $3.72 (74.4 bb)
      UTG: $8.19 (163.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $17.15 (343 bb)
      CO: $5.43 (108.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) Q K 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.76) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.53, BB calls $0.53

River: ($1.82) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.27, BB raises to $2.82, Hero folds

Results:
      $4.36 pot ($0.21 rake)
      Final Board: Q K 5 4 8
      BB mucked and won $4.15 ($1.98 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$2.17 net)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      I think checking back is not that good. b/f seems reasonable, I would say wp if he's not aome maniac with river agg freq 50 or idk, then its obv a cal..
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Today I decided that it would be a good idea to take a shot at 10NL. At the beginning of the day I had 15 BI's for 10NL, so I guess taking a shot ain't the worst idea as long as I feel like I'm crushing 5NL. My first session went really well, I made around 5,5 BI in 1,000 hands running pretty well, I then took a break, had some dinner and came back just to find out that FTP also have a doom switch. Lost in some pretty nasty situations, but don't want to whine too much about it, I still ended up 3 BI (5,5 BI EV).

Last night I made some updates on my HUD and made some popups for steal and 3b which I'm pretty happy about. I then found out Pleno had just released some new videos, so I obviously couldn't go to sleep without watching one, so I ended up getting 3 hours of sleep. Overall pretty happy about my work ethic for the last couple of days.

The next couple of days I wont have much time to grind. Tomorrow my mom is coming to Dublin to visit me, so I will have to go to dinner with her and Friday it's my 21st birthday, so I will have a little party for some friends. Hopefully I will have some time in the weekend, so I can keep up the good schedule which I have kept so far.

Here is just one hand from my session, it's pretty visible in the end of the graph! :f_biggrin: I guess I could have 3b bigger on the flop and bet the turn bigger so the river would have been n easier shove.

Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players

MP: $10.35 (103.5 bb)
      CO: $8.81 (88.1 bb)
      BTN: $31.38 (313.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $17.14 (171.4 bb)
      BB: $18.88 (188.8 bb)
      UTG: $21.64 (216.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 6 A T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.45, BB calls $1.45

Turn: ($5.50) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.53, BB calls $3.53

River: ($12.56) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.54, BB raises to $12.60 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.32 and is all-in

Results:
      $34.28 pot ($1.71 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A T 9 A
      Hero mucked T T and lost (-$17.14 net)
      BB showed 6 A and won $32.57 ($15.43 net)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      wow^ pretty weird line with A6 OTT, ul.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Not really in the mood to write an update, but at the same time I really feel like I need to get some of my frustration out by sharing my experiences.

I got home a bit earlier than expected tonight, so I figured I might as well play a session... Bad choice! I ended up losing close to $100 which is like 55-60% of my roll I guess, so it's back to 5NL for a while again.

It is just so fucking frustrating, I have been busting my ass off this month and really applied myself to the game, and losing a whole weeks hard work in just one session is really hard to deal with, especially since it was my third session at 10NL, so I was not really rolled for a loss like that. I feel like I'm taking it somewhat well, but I still need to quit earlier, and to deal better with losing. Now I will prolly watch one of Plenos videos before going to bed for a good 3-3,5 hours of sleep and going to my boring job. Great way to start my birthday, hopefully tomorrow night will be better! :f_cool: