EASTER GRIND-mylove190207-SNG Grinder

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi. I decide to take a part in this promotion. I will grind hyper turbo SNGs on PokerStars. If I am honest I know I won`t get the prize, because I have a very little time for grind every day compare to most of the guys/girls that will compete in that race. So why the hell I take a place here? Because I wanna transform my working habbits. Usually I start something and doing it just for about a week. Thats why my goals aren`t done, thats why my life is miserable. I really wanna change that. So my real focus here woud be to update that blog at least 3 times per week. I have good times with poker but my first real downswing end my passion. I came from +$400 to -$300 in about 2 months (playing micro SNGs).

Now I start watching some Schnitzelfisch videos and I feel more passionate again. So if I will update that blog every week in April for at least 3-times and play at least one SNG every day, it woud be like winning to me. Therefore my focus is on continuity not on the volume.

I wish all of you good grinding April
  • 61 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Good luck!

Therefore my focus is on continuity not on the volume.
      This sounds very reasonable on your end. Looking forward to seeing your updates :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      goggogoogo :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for support! I will do my best. Yesterday I watch really good video (Mindset Seminar with Schnitzelfisch and Erik Stenqvist - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/29593/). They absolutely describe me :f_eek: . I was so fascinated that even 2h (video is long about 2h and 30min.) has gone very quickly. I must say that I already started transforming my habits last week. I set my life changing and poker changing habits.

Life: Stop drinking coffe - drink green tea
      Poker: Stop swearing and hitting things at bad beats - stay calm and say to myself, that variance will came and it must came, because other ways there won`t be loosing and winning players.

This is for now. And when those green habits came into my blod, then I will set new ones. I really think that I need change my mental habits and then will be much easier to study and playing poker. It is just like building a house. If you lay down good foundations then you can build a good house. I build a house before, but it have realy bad foundations. Thats whay it colleps. So I must build new one. And this time it will be realy good one :s_cool:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice goals; however, I love my coffee :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Hi. I decide to take a part in this promotion. I will grind hyper turbo SNGs on PokerStars. If I am honest I know I won`t get the prize, because I have a very little time for grind every day compare to most of the guys/girls that will compete in that race. So why the hell I take a place here? Because I wanna transform my working habbits. Usually I start something and doing it just for about a week. Thats why my goals aren`t done, thats why my life is miserable. I really wanna change that. So my real focus here woud be to update that blog at least 3 times per week.

Now I start watching some Schnitzelfisch videos and I feel more passionate again. So if I will update that blog every week in April for at least 3-times and play at least one SNG every day, it woud be like winning to me. Therefore my focus is on continuity not on the volume.
      I actually decided to do the Easter Grind for the same reason as you just stated, I got at lot of thing I want to do, but don't get done, so hopefully this we be the motivator the becoming more productive. Like you I also just started watching some of Schnitzelfish's videos, so far I only watched the one on goal setting and the one about planing your day.

Anyway, GL on your challenge, I hope you get into a good "living rythm" and get what you want to do done!

Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Nice goals; however, I love my coffee :)
      I don't really like cofee at all, but I don't know how I would get through monday morning without it. :D
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      ^:D
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      I see all of you like coffee. I don`t drink it for about two weeks and now is realy difficult :f_frown: . I wanna drink it, I get very sleepy at the evenings. But I will get it through. :f_cool:
      Ok. What happened yesterday? I watch again Schnitzelfisch video about visions and goals. So I will set them today and inform you of them tomorrow. Also I play some SNGs. I lost a little of my BR, but I was glad that I didn`t swear and hit things.

And very good advice, that I read or hear somewhere: "When you are doing something, ask yourself if that what are you doing will help you to reach your goal. If yes, than keep doing it and if answer is no, than stop doing it immediately and start something else"
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Yesterday I was traying to put one hand on evaluation forum and I coudn`t find button for new thread. Then I remember that I am bronze and because of that I can`t view it. So I cashout $70 from PS account and pay for silver status for 12 months. Unfortunately my PS account isn`t connect with PokerStrategy so I can`t get any points. I write eather of them but there is notting they can do so I give up and just pay for status. Ok back on track. I pšromise some goals and vision in previus post. So here we go:
      VISION:
      It is short version. Here I will write only few points, hole vision is in my notebook so I can always reed it and change it. And also it is unrealistic but possible. So. Where I see myself in the future? I am one of the best poker players in the world. Having beutiful house and charity organisation witch help people in Slovenia.

GOALS FOR THESE WEEK:
      HABIT:
      -Stop swearing and hitting things at bad-beat
      SOLUTION:
      -Say yourself that variance must came and it will came, itherwise there will not be winning and loosing players
      HABIT:
      -Warm up before session
      SOLUTION:
      -Do hand analazise or tournament review before session
      POKER GOAL:
      -Play at least 5 SNGs per day
      -Write blog at PokerStrategy.com at least 3 times
      HEALTH AND FITNESS:
      -Go for a walk every morning for at least 30 min.

And now something of yesterday play. I played 13 tourneys and made profit of $8. I also have one hand to discuss:
      $1,5 9man Hyper-Turbo SNG, Push over Limpers
      And April stats and graph:

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      It is few minutes past 12 so what happen yesterday. I played around 33 tourneys and made loss of $5. It was one of that days, when big hands was beaten. But I am glad, that I control myself and didn`t let bad-beats to hurt me.

Another think, that I must change in my life is food. So it will be interesting to see how I will handle with that. But more I will say on Sunday, when I will set new goals for next week. :f_cool:

Ok this is it. Good lack at tables and very best with your challenges.

Stats and graph from this month:

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      As you can see I edit my previus post with goals. I manage to do most of them, except one. Bad-beats still hurts me too much so this habit is in orange color. I manage to conentrate more on my play than on results, but not yesterday. At the begining of sessopn I still handle it, but then I lost control. :s_evil:

It is no excuse but stil:

Now it is time to set new goals for next week.

HABIT:
      -Stop swearing and hitting things at bad-beat
      SOLUTION:
      -Say yourself that variance must came and it will came, itherwise there will not be winning and loosing players
      POKER GOALS:
      -Watch Akrammon coaching on 13. April (if I won`t be at my full time job)
      -Do at least 3 tournament reviews
      -Write blog at PokerStrategy.com at least 4 times
      -Play at least 10 SNGs every day
      -Do at least 3 hand evaluations on forum
      1.) (9man) A9o ITM short-middle-big stack
      2.) 44 oop on nutz flop
      3.) minha mao
      -Post at least 3 hands for evaluation on forum
      1.) $1,5 9-man Hyper Turbo SNG, TPTK on flop
      2.) $1,5 9-man Hyper Turbo SNG, AKo fold with 5bb
      3.) $1,5 9-man Hyper Turbo SNG, A3o push from SB
      HEALTH AND FITNESS:
      -Running every morning for at least 30min.
      -Eat healthy food at least 40% of the time (2 daily meals out of 5)
      -Eat 5 times per day

I hope I complete them next week. For habit I will need much more time, but I know I can handle it.

Here are stats and graph from April:

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice weekly goals, gogogo :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      It is new week and there are new goals to be completed. So far so good I can say. I coudn`t say that for my graph. :f_frown:
      But I am positive and if I keep learning and doing things, that increas my productivity, then results will came. Also I was in grocery store to fill my fridge with good food. Buy some fish, vegetable, eggs, etc. So I will be forced to prepare those things. Yeah and peanut butter :f_cool:
      Yesterday I have very little time for playing, so I play only 5 SNGs to complete my goal for last week.
      When was driving home from work I found nice song on youtube so here it is:

:f_grin: :f_grin:

Here are graph and stats from April:

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hm. Funny thing happen. It was 17h and I need to get to job. So I turn off computer, put my jacket and shoes and reaching for key of my car. But there was no key!!! :f_confused: WTF!! So I started to look for them. But I can`t find them. I almost turn my apartment upside down. So I call my girl if she saw them. She didn`t, but she say that can look if she acidently take them and put in her bag. And uf course, there is my key. So I call to my job and get day off.
      And this was opportunity to work more on my game. So i made some hand analysis and tournament reviews. At 21h I watch tomsom coaching. It is shame for me that this isn`t happen tomorrow when Schnitzelfisch and Colin has their coachings :f_cry:
      Yesterday was nice day for my BR. Finaly build it a little bit.

But today went down again. :f_frown:

Ok. Never mind. Work, work, work is only important at the moment. And clear mind.

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      "Work, work, work.." Yeah I think you are on the right track :)

glgl
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      "Work, work, work.." Yeah I think you are on the right track smile

:f_thumbsup:

Thanks for suport!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi. I didn`t stop working. Ok if I am onest, one day was a total crap. Almost. It starts realy well. I came earlier from work so I wake up earlier. Take my dog out, had breakfast and went out running. But after that I didn`t learn poker. I watch "blacklist" for hole day. I almost forget to go to job. :f_mad: :f_mad:
      This day shouldn`t be forget, but should not happen again! When I drive to work, I have realy bad filling. I felt like cheated myself. This realy shoud not happen again.
      So here I am. Yesterday I played some SNGs. My play was solid and manage to build my BR a little. I must say that I am glad that I don`t tilt as much as I did before. My mental game is in higher level, but I still have plenty work to do.

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi. Week is almost over so lets look what is done and what isn`t.
      HABIT:
      I completely control my tilt at the moment. Ok I can`t completely be "cold". It will take much more for that, but I don`t swear and don`t react with hands (slapping). So it is realy big stap, because now my focus is more on good decisions and not outcome.
      POKER GOALS:
      I done them all (this is also 4th post of that week) except one. I already mention in previous post that I didn`t play poker all 7 days. So this is one thing that I must put attention on. Also I put link (in previous post) with hands that I put on forum and that ones that I comment. Tournament reviews are realy great for skill grow so I will do them more in the future.
      HEALTH AND FITNESS:
      I do them all and this is realy what I am proud of. I even done around 95% of meals. It is really beneficial on long run. Now I need to make some plan what to eat (menu) so I won`t eat the same things over and over again. And running in the morning is the best thing. It fill me with energy for hole day.

What about next week?
      POKER GOALS:
      -Watch Akrammon coaching on 20. April
      -Do at least 4 tournament reviews
      -Write blog at PokerStrategy.com at least 4 times
      -Play at least 15 SNGs every day
      -Do at least 4 hand evaluations on forum
      1.) 99 vs limpers
      -Post at least 4 hands for evaluation on forum
      1.) $1,5 9-man Hyper Turbo SNG, 53s
      2.) $1,5 9-man Hyper Turbo SNG, K4s three way all-in
      3.) Post from 19.4.2014 - 0:29
      HEALTH AND FITNESS:
      -Running every morning for at least 30min
      -Do at least 10 push-ups and 20 sit-ups after run
      -Eat healthy food at least 60% of the time (3 daily meals out of 5)
      -Eat 5 times per day
      -Make "menu" for least 2 days

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi. It was interesting start of the week. On monday I open PokerStars lobby and TableNinja and start playing. After half of hour internet breaks and I play on 6 tables. You can imagine what happen. When internet came back, I was left with only 2 antes on 2 tables. :f_mad: :f_mad:
      So yeah I lost $9 then. But yesterday I turn all around, play realy well and get back on green zone. Akrammon coaching video was really helpful.

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice upswing :)

Keep it up up up :)

Best of luck,
      Fran