This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$1000 before summer with SNGs/MTTs

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I have made a small project for myself at the Finnish side of the PokerStrategy.com. First I decided that project to be small sideproject, where I try to make 500 tournaments during this year. As I have been a CG player lately, 500 seemed a bit ambitious at first.

I got this little sparkle for tournaments a while ago. Decided to play a little and after refraining parts of my game book I have gotten into some sort of a heater. This month has earned me since 17th day appr. 250 dollars, which is a lot tbh for a student like me.

After such a success I thought; hey, what if I would try to play these games more? So I decided to make a little project; my goal is to change my bankroll from a bit over $400 to $1000 before 1st June. In addition, I'm going to go to the gym 3 times a week and I will take more effort for applying to summer jobs this year. Though it seems impossible for a 21-yr-old guy to get a work at a huge city full of students...

Anyway, here's the first day's graph:

My games are mainly 3.50 STT and then 3.50 18-man tournaments. I also play some small BI MTT's and from time to time I use my FPP's to buy tickets for bigger tournaments. All in all, Day 1 is now behind, tomorrow I will just go to the gym and have fun with my friends. So It's likely I will continue this on Wednesday or so.

Well, I keep on updating as much as I can :coolface:
  • 14 replies
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Good luck man, looking forward to seeing how you'll do :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      So I had time for some 2h session today after all :D Results:

Good day, played one 180-players 2.50BI tournament and managed to get to the FT. Finished out 3rd, KQo<95s. No can do, but still a good result tbh :coolface:

No poker tomorrow, so I will be shouting some random stuff only if you hear from me tomorrow :>!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      In addition, PokerproLabs for this year:

#Bragginrights :coolface: Just waiting for the variance to strike back with a baseball bat...
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Good luck man, looking forward to seeing how you'll do :)
      Thanks m8 :f_love: Hopefully I still have that 400 after this project... :s_biggrin:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Snap subbed :)
      gl crushing other formats, I also like experimenting, and also thinking of some challenge outside of zoom
      And cash games.

Glgl,
      Fran
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Snap subbed :)
      gl crushing other formats, I also like experimenting, and also thinking of some challenge outside of zoom
      And cash games.

Glgl,
      Fran
      Thanks for subbing :D !

I have noticed that "mastering" some other format once in a while might give you plenty of new ideas to your main game (like CG) and definitely it gives you tons of motivation to grind again like a machine :f_cool: :f_cool:

Maybe you should try Omaha? :coolface:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Good luck with challenge. 18mans has pretty much most crazy price structure of all. Allows huge ICM pressure versus competent players. Though in 3.5$ it might not be good idea to go very far with that idea.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      So, I had time to play only 15 tournaments now before my school. Results: 12,4d up again! :D One 18-man tournament ended a bit too soon, my ATs was beaten by villain's A9o that hit it's 5-outer on the river O_O But no can do, still positive results and sometimes you have to lose in order to win, right?

Now my roll is already 622dollars, it's going up fast! :f_love:

I might even move to 7d sng's after I hit 750d. We will see..
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi,

So afterall the day 3 ended up +35,1d. I think this wasn't as good day as the others, perhaps I had a bit too many tables. I also had worse run than before and took more MTT's in, so it might have affected a bit.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Yesterday was slightly a losing day, today I got +20d. It seems like playing less tables (9, maximun 12) makes my results way better. So, I think it's better to stick to that volume for now. I can always open new tables after one ends, though.. :D !

And I have been using ICM trainer lately to improve a bit my ranges. Maybe it helped, not sure yet :D But at least I spotted some sort of leaks. I have also started to find some sort of regs from those games. But mostly everyone is a fish in someway; some people steal only AJ+ in push/fold mode, some people r/ca K6o, 22... Like everything they raise! Then there's some of those heroes who limp/fold 7bb deep and some heroes that have the biggest stacks and will bubble the 2nd biggest out. But it's all good for me! :f_cool:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Shortie;

No games today. Just withdrew 78d, so now my roll is <600 again. Too bad living in Finland is so expensive.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Seems like you do well overall, glad you feel good in the new format :)

glgl!
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      You at $1k yet? :coolface:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Crusher in making, go go go !