$1000 before summer with SNGs/MTTs

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I have made a small project for myself at the Finnish side of the PokerStrategy.com. First I decided that project to be small sideproject, where I try to make 500 tournaments during this year. As I have been a CG player lately, 500 seemed a bit ambitious at first.

I got this little sparkle for tournaments a while ago. Decided to play a little and after refraining parts of my game book I have gotten into some sort of a heater. This month has earned me since 17th day appr. 250 dollars, which is a lot tbh for a student like me.

After such a success I thought; hey, what if I would try to play these games more? So I decided to make a little project; my goal is to change my bankroll from a bit over $400 to $1000 before 1st June. In addition, I'm going to go to the gym 3 times a week and I will take more effort for applying to summer jobs this year. Though it seems impossible for a 21-yr-old guy to get a work at a huge city full of students...

Anyway, here's the first day's graph:

My games are mainly 3.50 STT and then 3.50 18-man tournaments. I also play some small BI MTT's and from time to time I use my FPP's to buy tickets for bigger tournaments. All in all, Day 1 is now behind, tomorrow I will just go to the gym and have fun with my friends. So It's likely I will continue this on Wednesday or so.

Well, I keep on updating as much as I can :coolface:
  • 14 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Good luck man, looking forward to seeing how you'll do :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      So I had time for some 2h session today after all :D Results:

Good day, played one 180-players 2.50BI tournament and managed to get to the FT. Finished out 3rd, KQo<95s. No can do, but still a good result tbh :coolface:

No poker tomorrow, so I will be shouting some random stuff only if you hear from me tomorrow :>!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      In addition, PokerproLabs for this year:

#Bragginrights :coolface: Just waiting for the variance to strike back with a baseball bat...
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Good luck man, looking forward to seeing how you'll do :)
      Thanks m8 :f_love: Hopefully I still have that 400 after this project... :s_biggrin:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Snap subbed :)
      gl crushing other formats, I also like experimenting, and also thinking of some challenge outside of zoom
      And cash games.

Glgl,
      Fran
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Snap subbed :)
      gl crushing other formats, I also like experimenting, and also thinking of some challenge outside of zoom
      And cash games.

Glgl,
      Fran
      Thanks for subbing :D !

I have noticed that "mastering" some other format once in a while might give you plenty of new ideas to your main game (like CG) and definitely it gives you tons of motivation to grind again like a machine :f_cool: :f_cool:

Maybe you should try Omaha? :coolface:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Good luck with challenge. 18mans has pretty much most crazy price structure of all. Allows huge ICM pressure versus competent players. Though in 3.5$ it might not be good idea to go very far with that idea.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      So, I had time to play only 15 tournaments now before my school. Results: 12,4d up again! :D One 18-man tournament ended a bit too soon, my ATs was beaten by villain's A9o that hit it's 5-outer on the river O_O But no can do, still positive results and sometimes you have to lose in order to win, right?

Now my roll is already 622dollars, it's going up fast! :f_love:

I might even move to 7d sng's after I hit 750d. We will see..
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi,

So afterall the day 3 ended up +35,1d. I think this wasn't as good day as the others, perhaps I had a bit too many tables. I also had worse run than before and took more MTT's in, so it might have affected a bit.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Yesterday was slightly a losing day, today I got +20d. It seems like playing less tables (9, maximun 12) makes my results way better. So, I think it's better to stick to that volume for now. I can always open new tables after one ends, though.. :D !

And I have been using ICM trainer lately to improve a bit my ranges. Maybe it helped, not sure yet :D But at least I spotted some sort of leaks. I have also started to find some sort of regs from those games. But mostly everyone is a fish in someway; some people steal only AJ+ in push/fold mode, some people r/ca K6o, 22... Like everything they raise! Then there's some of those heroes who limp/fold 7bb deep and some heroes that have the biggest stacks and will bubble the 2nd biggest out. But it's all good for me! :f_cool:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Shortie;

No games today. Just withdrew 78d, so now my roll is <600 again. Too bad living in Finland is so expensive.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Seems like you do well overall, glad you feel good in the new format :)

glgl!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      You at $1k yet? :coolface:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Crusher in making, go go go !