Kgo24

• kgeo24
      kgeo24
      Basic
      Motivation:

To enjoy the game of poker and build up a solid bankroll for myself over time. I have always had a natural ability to play poker, but playing with more than just friends etc, I want to learn all that I can to put playing poker in my favor. It would be very nice to have a supplementary income to my current job after a while.

Weaknesses:

I need to stop chasing hands. I have kind of developed my own strategy to stick to, but I don't always do a great job in following this all the way through. The other day I finished 4th in a tournament because I chased when in the lead with what I thought was a good hand but made a rash decision and did not analyze the field. I don't know if being on a timer adds pressure, but I need to do a better job of sticking to a game plan going in and don't stray.

Tight/Aggressive:

A tight aggressive strategy is one that requires patience and the ability to not play every hand. To be tight, one must wait out their hands until a good one comes along. When it does come along, one needs to know what to do with it and where the hand lands in the grand scheme of things along with your placement. To be aggressive, one must have waited for a good hand to come along. Once it does, the idea of being aggressive is to put your opponents under pressure and force them to potentially make a mistake that would result in your favor. Obviously position plays a big part in this strategy as it would be best to observe the behavior of others before reacting yourself.
  • 1 reply
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Kgo24

Good to see that you've completed the first homework. Planning a hand i.e having a gameplan is very important when playing poker and is something that you learn and develop throughout the beginner's course. I hope you enjoy the course and feel free to ask any other questions in this thread on top of homework answers. The course coach will be by in the coming days to check your homework. All the best with the course :)

Regards,
      Luke