Your chance to ask a question of Chris Moorman

• BarryCarter
      Chris Moorman will answer your questions
      We are trying something a little different with some of our interviews this month, as we put you in the interviewers seat. We are giving our members the chance to set the questions for one of our next big interviews.

Chris Moorman is the first player to volunteer for this experiment. You can ask him anything you want in this thread, and we will pick out the best questions for him to answer when we interview him.

We will be vetting the questions and won't be asking him anything offensive or anything that he has already been asked a thousand times.

Just reply in this thread before midday on Friday April 4 to have your questions considered.

Chris Moorman factfile
      To best inform you on our next guest, and to avoid some obvious questions, here are the facts you need to know about Chris Moorman:

• The most successful online tournament player of all time with over $10 million in cashes

• Holds the record for online triple crowns with 20

• Over $4 million in live cashes

• Won his first major live tournament this year, the WPT LA Poker Classic for over $1 million

• Has won a number of national competitions in both Bridge and Pool

• He has a reputation as a highly successful backer of professional players

• His father Simon won GUKPT Manchester for £88,630

• Find out more at
  • 17 replies
      1. How the beginning of your career looked like? Did you know straight away that MTT's are your game and sticked to them the whole time, or you had some experimenting phases with sng's or cash games?

2. What was the first significant MTT win for you, if you remember?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      What do you most often do during the 5min break? AND!

What is the most unusual thing you've done during the 5min break?
    • Vice1
      But how much did you lose?
    • Vice1
      If I give you $ 1000,-, can you turn it in $ 2000,-?
    • imgoingtomirage
      What was your thought process during this WCOOP $1k Event hand you played in 2011:

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      9 Players

UTG (75,422)
      UTG+1 (46,234)
      MP1 (123,639)
      MP2 (73,415)
      MP3 (49,910)
      CO (125,857)
      BTN (45,913)
      SB (42,344)
      HERO (BB) (35,361)

Blinds: 400/800 Ante 100

Pre-Flop: (2,100, 9 players) HERO is BB 8:spade: K:club:
      UTG raises to 1,600, 2 folds, MP2 raises to 3,520, 2 folds, BTN calls 3,520, 1 fold, HERO raises to 8,920, UTG folds, MP2 calls 5,400, BTN calls 5,400

Flop: J:club: K:diamond: 6:heart: (29,660, 3 players)
      HERO bets 6,341, MP2 calls 6,341, BTN folds

Turn: 2:diamond: (42,342, 2 players)
      HERO goes all-in 20,000, MP2 calls 20,000

River: 8:heart: (82,342, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Some notes I took that time and I assume you also were aware of:

UTG solid midstakes mtt player, ~$180k of profit.
      MP2 sunday-mtt player, plays mostly cash: 5/10 PLO i 3/6 NLHE.
      BTN average MTT reg.

Timing tell: MP2 tank-called the 4-bet.

This hand was a mystery for me ever since.
    • Toluvel
      for low to mid stakes: is it better to be like most regs or have your own playstyle? Which is better to advance faster in stakes (assuming you know the obv stuff like nash ranges and have decent postflop skills).

It's interesting cause there are a lot of tight regs who play and win on those stakes, but I see that players on higher stakes / those who win a lot play way looser.
    • Saren113
      What shall you think about to do a smooth transsision from online to live poker?
    • GrindingNajra
      I find it hard to play mtt's because i'm getting bored when i play longer than 1.5 hour. If you also have problems with that how do you keep your brain awake or stay fresh?
    • gadget51
      Was winning your major like getting the monkey off your back, or is it really all about the dollars. :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    • c0rl30n3
      what you think about the applications that are made to crack the RNG (random number generator)?
      do you use any?
    • xmiammiamx
      Back in the past, before the big successes, did you ever think about giving up poker?
      if yes, what happened, and what made you stick to it?
    • ChoChikun
      Originally posted by Vice1
      But how much did you lose?
      :D :s_thumbsup:
    • unshpe
      What keeps you motivated to keep grinding the amount that you do even after this kind of success?
    • Rihard4a
      Any sick tilt stories?
    • martinemem
      How do you manage your winnings? Are they taking up dust in the local bank, or are they working through various of traders?

What made you change from cashgame to mtt (i just asume everyone starts out playing cashgame) - AND why

Did you start out playing as a hobby, and did you go through school/work in the beginning?

The biggest AHA moment (not talking about when you started having +roi) but when you started crushing?

How many sites are you playing at once? Do you ever experience winner tilt
      - if yes, do you stop registering to new tourneys during session, or do you take high variance on the last 3 tourneys you have open (asuming you made a finaltable and binked it)?
      -if no,
      do you believe that winner tilts only comes from result orientation.
      How long did it take for you to never get result orientated?

What is your study/grind ratio now, compared to when you started HAVING + ROI?
      Did you ever feel you had to study a lot more while you moved up the stakes, or did you have a natural steady and firm study/grind ratio the way up?

What is max questions?
    • rmotoki
      What is your daily schedule in the days that you decide to play? Do you do any specific thing like meditate, review hands, exercise or something like that? Do you only start playing when you feel like it?

Having lost a lot of weight, how do you feel that nutrition and exercises has helped you in your game?
      What is your most favourite MTT and why?

If you hand select a final table with 8 other players, who would you choose?