[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo UTG

• kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($5)
      Hero (UTG) ($10.45)
      UTG+1 ($9.95)
      MP1 ($10.95)
      MP2 ($9.70)
      MP3 ($11.95)
      CO ($11.85)
      Button ($11)
      SB ($9.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 5, A, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, CO calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.45) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO calls $1.60

River: ($5.65) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Total pot: $5.65 | Rake: $0.25
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If you intend to check/call river then you should have bet yourself if villain is likely to check behind with a weaker made-hand as otherwise you allow villain to win most when ahead and lose least when behind. Charge AX etc full-price.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      and if he RR me on the river I'm nowhere. He may have some draw and the turn complete this draw. If I check the 5 on the river he make check behind his week flush or something like that. If I bet on the river and he shoves I'm absolutely dead. And if I check/call he may bet some other hands that I'm ahead. Like week ace or busted strait draw with pair of sevens
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I like your line but I prefer blockbetting the river because if he pot bets me I have no idea where I am.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      and if he RR me on the river I'm nowhere.
      Not quite nowhere. Since a bluff-raise is unlikely a fold seems reasonable. By betting the river though you do not lose value versus Ax. If you intend check/calling the river you lose roughly the same when behind but win more when ahead. By checking the river you lose value for your hand.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      if you check river here you have to check fold .
      most of the times he will check behind worst hands and he will bet just better and you will pay him off if you call
      i prefer blockbeting a bit over 1/2 pot because he will call with all worst aces that otherwise will check behind . it is realy realy unlikely for people at this limit to raise the river as a bluff
      gl