EaStEr GrInD

• metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      HappY EasteR
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club: :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

I have been meaning to start a threed here in the successes and challenges fourm.
      What a good time to start when it is coming up to Easter. Poker & lots of chocolate for April, then I guess it will be lots of exercise to get rid of the weight in May!

You can find me playing in the freerolls. Although I am working my way though the beginners course here and grinding up fpp on pokerstars NL 0.10/0.05, which I am dedicating most of my time with today's success being achieving silver status.

sUcCeSs
      :club: :club: :club: :club:

Although I have only been playing for about 6 months now, (1st month seriously) I have done alright. With the little knowledge and growing bankroll so far I have managed to make some money in the freerolls, a good call once in a while on the NL rooms. And my best so far is coming 18 in the shark cage qualifier!

Making my audition video was a laugh and I hope its creative enough to stand a chance. Maybe I should of posted the out takes!

ChAlLaNgEs
      :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

Being a sporting chap, I do like a challenge.

Other than a ongoing challenge to improve game I shall keep you up to date over the next month with some of the challenges I am taking part in and the successes I have.

My first goal being, not to loose any bankroll!

Happy Easter and Good luck in your games
  • 15 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Nice first post of the thread.

Best of luck in the race,

Goggogogoo :)
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      BaNkRolL BuIlD

:diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :club: :club: :heart: :heart: :heart:

For my second post I though it best to show some results for the last few days.
      Being a little new to the game my first results are some what disappointing.
      So with that in mind the only way should be generally up.

CHALLENGE ONE

Stop embarrassing yourself with bad results

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/fpdbgraph_1_zps3e35297d.png[/IMG][/img]

When starting out playing I was told about how people are turning a mere $300 into a small fortune over a period of a few months. Checking this out with a calculator online and working out what one needs to put in hours I though, well I work more hours and get very little back, so why not give it a try.

The next morning I quit my job and got out my pen and paper to begin in my new career path.

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/bankroll_1_zpsa39d1b73.jpg[/IMG][/img]

My workings out, well the calculator, and my input.

9 ring table NL10
      5 tables @75 hands per hour, per table
      10 hours per day.

VPPs/Day VPPs/Week VPPs/Month
      Ring Game (Cash Game) 192 1.,341 5,749
      Ring Game Type: Hold'em
      Structure: No Limit
      Max Players: 9
      Table Stakes: $0.05/$0.10

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/profits_zpsdb0c8802.jpg[/IMG][/img]

Challenge Two gaining GOLD vip status.But also not to loose my 25 buy ins.

:spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/vpp_zpsb33c0355.jpg[/IMG][/img]

It's a real shame as moving up to silver star now means I can't play the privilege freeroll anymore. Gutted!
      Well I guess working hard for 2 - 4 hours to make around 10c-$2 is unprofitable.
      But I love making money for nothing.

CHALLENGE THREE Deposit Ticket to a $11 R for a live event

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Like I could afford $11 each rebuy! and it is a hyper turbo too!
      So my challenge is already stacked against me. I have laid out a rule, I cant afford to re buy so I have no other option other than to win this.

Have I set the bar to high?

I will have to head over to the sng $0.02 hyper turbo for some practice!

Any kindly advise here would also be much appreciated.

So that's a wrap for now stayed tuned for more updates to my challenges over the next few days and good luck in your games too.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Many thanks for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to sharing more of my easter grind and hopefully make this into a more permanent Challenges blog over the next few months.

My regards

Matt
    • immoorish
      immoorish
      Bronze
      I will be following your challenge :) .
      I dont know what you mean with not being able to play the privilege freeroll when you are silverstar .
      Once you get to chromestar you can buy privilege freeroll ticket for free in the store once you hit chromestar and offcourse every level above that.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Originally posted by immoorish
      I will be following your challenge :) .
      I dont know what you mean with not being able to play the privilege freeroll when you are silverstar .
      Once you get to chromestar you can buy privilege freeroll ticket for free in the store once you hit chromestar and offcourse every level above that.
      Hi immoorish.

Thanks for donating your first post to my blog!
      I have just gone to the store and bought?? for free!! the tickets.
      I am still learning a few things thanks to every ones help.
      Thanks for following, I shall be updating quite often. Maybe i will see you around on the tables.

My regards

Matt
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Good luck with achieving your goals Matt, looking forward to seeing your progress!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      A Story of KINGS

:diamond: :spade: :diamond: :spade:

Here it is!
      My first results from a grind for my previous session.
      As you can see a mark up on my previous days.

With all joking aside, I think that playing 6 tables may be one main reason to my leaks.
      Plus having hands like this. What can seem like a good idea at the time soon turns sour.
      I'm use to this type of action from the Ladies. Not when playing the Cow Boys.

Known Players:
      UTG3: $10.53 - 105 bb
      MP1: $12.35 - 124 bb
      MP2: $8.61 - 86 bb
      MP3: $14.16 - 142 bb
      CO: $5.05 - 51 bb
      BU: $10.00 - 100 bb
      SB: $10.73 - 107 bb
      BB: $8.96 - 90 bb

0.05/0.10 No Limit Hold'em (8 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 2.1.10326.1

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      Hero posts small blind ($0.05), BB posts big blind ($0.10), 3 folds, MP3 raises for $0.20, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets $0.65, BB folds, MP3 calls

Flop: ($1.50 - 15 bb) 9:diamond: , 5:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.85, Hero raises for $2.60, MP3 3-bets $12.61, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled back ($10.86)

Once bitten, twice shy?

Known Players:
      UTG2: $5.02 - 100 bb
      UTG3: $5.84 - 117 bb
      MP1: $5.64 - 113 bb
      MP2: $12.76 - 255 bb
      MP3: $5.00 - 100 bb
      CO: $7.00 - 140 bb
      BU: $4.96 - 99 bb
      SB: $6.59 - 132 bb
      BB: $5.00 - 100 bb

0.02/0.05 No Limit Hold'em (9 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 2.1.10326.1

Preflop: Hero is UTG3 with K:spade: , K:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.02), BB posts big blind ($0.05), UTG2 folds, Hero raises for $0.17, 5 folds, SB 3-bets $0.27, BB folds, Hero 4-bets $0.75, SB reraises for $2.26, Hero calls

Flop: ($5.15 - 103 bb) 9:heart: , 7:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 Players)
      SB bets $4.04, Hero calls, SB gets uncalled back ($0.75)

Turn: ($11.73 - 234.60 bb) 4:spade: (2 Players)

River: ($11.73 - 234.60 bb) 8:heart: (2 Players)

I'm now out of my 25 buy ins for NL10. So tomorrow I shall go back to my Focus drill and in order to amend my learning habits will return to the beginners course to clean up my game.

Will keep you posted on my results.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      :diamond: The Wise Ones :diamond:

Hurry no man's cattle; you may come to own a donkey yourself.

-- Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832)

Today has been a lesson in willingness to listen, learn and make changes.

sUcCeSs

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Storm Mission Week "Strorm 2" All in shoot out - Completed

Wow wouldn't it be hard luck if you came 2nd in this satellite!But I would be good to get the ticket to the Sunday storm as I always get far in that game.

Stop Loosing money - tick for now

After reviewing my performance this morning. I decided to not rush in and spend a few hours re capping in some basics again.

My poker partner and I have now been working out a way forward over the last few months and I have been warned many times about veering from the correct approach.
      Many thanks also today to aikira for reminding me about the importance of study and planning in my approach to playing a better game in his lastest post "how I made the day my bitch!"

When i first signed up started looking around PS I remember coming across one of Schnitzelfisch videos, Visual Planning: Using Your Calendar Like A Pro.

I shall be returning to his videos and completing them this month too.

Hopefully this will be a recurring thing for the indefinite future.

cHaLleNgEs

:spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:

So once again. Tomorrows plan:

:diamond: Get all non related poker jobs done.
      :diamond: Next section of beginner course + homework 3.
      :diamond: Start visual planner
      :diamond: Warm up
      :diamond: Play 4 hours NL5 with 2 short breaks
      :diamond: Review Drill List
      :diamond: Win the EPT grand final deadline turbo i got a ticket for.
      :club: Update My Easter Grind Blog on how I did.

I am sure after today's performance and my change in approach I shall have more ability to make more sound decisions when playing in future.
      With the wealth of knowledge and great help I have received from the PS Community my challenges will become more achievable .
      Of course If it wasn't for the Easter Grind, i am not sure when I would of start looking at my game differently. Although I needed to start it would of been probably after more of a loss.

I wish all of you a productive time on your games.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Really nice organizational skills. If I had these, would definetely be less of a fish :)

gl,

Fran
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Second day of sunshine

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

So far things are on the up!After spending a few hours re capping on some basics and review my leaks, my approach to yesterdays game was much clearer and a massive improvement on previous.

SucCeSsEs

:diamond: Stop embarrassing myself with bad results - Check
      :diamond: Get all non related poker jobs done. - Check
      :diamond: Next section of beginner course + homework 3 - semi check
      :diamond: Start visual planner - in progress
      :diamond: Warm up - Check
      :diamond: Play 4 hours NL5 with 2 short breaks - Fail
      :diamond: Review Drill List - Check
      :diamond: Win the EPT grand final deadline turbo i got a ticket for. - Epic Fail!

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/6_4_zps230fc6a4.png[/IMG][/img]

Overall I have applied myself to a few changes and results are up, Today I shall continue on with a lesson recap and drill list for today.
      I haven't set myself any challenges for today as I am continuing to play at the same level without introducing any added extras, as I feel this is one area of my tilt.
      And don't worry ffrraannkkiiee even fish can make a profit! on me most days AA beaten by T2! to name just one.

I will update you all with the rest of my results tonight.

Have a good day all.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Hello all.

Major Issue! I wrote and didn't post! So here you are my last few days of results. I am pleased that the tides have turned and now making a bit of progress

Over the last few days of thinking about my leaks in this game I have reviewed my play at the start of my easter grind blog.

One major leak is being the sheriff with my cards. Becoming too attached to high pairs seems to get me into a lot of deep water and I know i am not convincing enoth to bluff to some people who are looking at the story i tell while playing.

This trouble definently started post flop.

playing for profit or grinding for stars?

Pot size issue

I find that I have become a bit of a points freak, grinding up the hands but loosing my EV.my bet sizing doesn't make sense. Also I dont look at others bet size to indacate the strengh of their hands.

This has all started to become the points I am changing. Since then my quility of performance is getting better.

My enjoyment also of the game is for sure on a different level.

Being able to stop at any time and take a break is still something I must work on..

I am in my life a bit of a sheriff. working too hard and not giving myself time away to re focus when i am tierd.

Along with the planner I am in process of making small changes this over time.
      So I shall keep you all up to date. MAke sure I Post rather than closing firefox and forgetting.
      I wish you all luck at the tables and look forward to updating you with my progress.

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/5_4_zps3a471f7f.png[/IMG][/img]

Over all this is my results from the start of the grind!

[img][IMG]https://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/matt324/lates_zps213b62d3.png[/IMG][/img]

If it was not for PS and the welth of infomation to help you here, I am sure that my bankroll would of gone by now. So thank you all who contribute to helping others get a better game!

Successes

I am back on NL10!

Failures

I didn't make the shark cage :( wasn't impressive enoth!

Update of my easter grind
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      I shall update you with my progress tomorrow
      :f_frown:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      I shall update you with my progress tomorrow
      :f_frown: