MP2 MikeNeuman ($7.60)
      MP3 whiteguy6661 ($3.05)
      CO KZ83 ($9.95)
      BTN Toxicer999 ($5.20)
      SB Hero ($11.55)
      BB CoolerUK ($18.75)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is SB 3:heart: 3:diamond:
      1 fold, pjpjordie calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.05, CoolerUK checks

Flop: 3:spade: T:heart: 7:club: ($0.30, 3 players)
      Hero checks, CoolerUK checks, pjpjordie checks

Turn: Q:heart: ($0.30, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CoolerUK raises to $0.40, pjpjordie folds, Hero calls $0.20

River: 8:club: ($1.10, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CoolerUK raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $3, CoolerUK raises to $7, Hero calls $4

Final Pot: $15.10
      Hero shows: 3:heart: 3:diamond:
      CoolerUK shows: 9:spade: J:heart:

CoolerUK wins $13.60 ( won +$6.10 )
      Hero lost -$7.50
      pjpjordie lost -$0.10

On the turn I decided to check first, as I had noticed 'pjpjordie' raising a lot on the flop with middle pairs and other so-so hands. Also the board wasnt very scary in the form of draws, so i was trying to get someone else to put some money in the pot.
      The turn i decided to try take the pot since a flush draw had come up. 'CoolerUK' min raising, i thought he either thought i was bluffing or he had hit the queen.
      River doesnt really scare me, so i thought i would try getting a bit more value out of my hand.

I was pretty sure he maybe had 2 pair at best, when he turned over J9, i was pretty sick, should of just called his raise on the river maybe?
  • 6 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Imo that board don't hit the ranges of the villains, so the minRR from the BB is very strange. You must 3 bet him here.

If he has something big he will pay you of if not you protect your self from draws. If you just call he won't pay you on the river if he don't improve.
      Reraise to $1,2 and and your getting the draws out and something like AQ, KQ, QJ will call you.

As played on the river just call his raise. The only thing that I see to RR your on the river is a straight . I don't thing that he is so bad to minRR you on the turn and and RR you on the river with QT.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I'd prob bet like 1/3 - 1/2 pot on flop since you have 2 opponents and its not 100% dry plus you want to make a big pot. Someone else could be slowplaying a 2pair too. If jordie bets flops a lot then its ok to slowplay it I guess.
      The turn is your only chance to try and get your stack in or at least build a big pot. If he misses a draw he will fold river. Re-raise to 1.20 because now its very drawy, of course call a shove.
      On river try and get it all in since you beat way more hands than those that beat you.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      this is a limped pot and you aim to get as much money in as you can so i propose you to bet pot on the flop , bet pot on the turn , bet pot on the river in this situations .
      as played its ok to check only if you are preaty sure someone will bet and you can go for a check/raise but i still prefer beting because check/raising in limped pots has huge fold equity
      as played bet pot on the turn and reraise his small raise since the board got very drawy and he will call a lot with worse ( remember your goal is to as much money in as you can while being ahead)
      its ok to get it all in on the river but expect sometimes to see a straight here
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      this is a limped pot and you aim to get as much money in as you can so i propose you to bet pot on the flop , bet pot on the turn , bet pot on the river in this situations .
      as played its ok to check only if you are preaty sure someone will bet and you can go for a check/raise but i still prefer beting because check/raising in limped pots has huge fold equity
      sorry to ask you to see topic again but can you please explain why we should bet pot on this flop (with limped pot). Isnt it a sure way to make them fold? Specially since we are oop they will be wary/scared don't you think?
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      well ... because 0.3 is not so much . it is not like beting pot in a raised pot 3 way . no one will fold top pair in to this bet and you try to take as much value as you can from your hand
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      well ... because 0.3 is not so much . it is not like beting pot in a raised pot 3 way . no one will fold top pair in to this bet and you try to take as much value as you can from your hand
      great explanation thanks