n1ghtah in the Easter Grind.. Fixed Limit edition

Bronze
      Hi everyone.

Im a Fixed Limit player and i accidentally saw this Easter Grind thing. Cool I thought., as I already for the past 2 weeks planned on going insane everyday this April. Might aswell try it out with a little reward in the end .. I will probably not win anything But I will try my best to beat my own record in monthly played hands at least which stands at shy of 27k . I know its all 5/Tc but thats what I feel really comfortable with. Normally I do tend to play 25/50c and trying to get even higher but I always revert back to 5/Tc for confidence (when I have bad luck at higher stakes and in this case its exactly what it is) I havent been running well combined with personal issues making me decide that its best not to move up for now..

My screen name is n1ghtahh on PokerStars

My Third ever Royal flush and flopped :P

My overall graph from my very beginning of Fixed Limit at mainly 5/Tc 6max on stars ( a few hands from 2/4c and a few from ipoker )
  • 31 replies
      Bronze
      Today was a nice first day at the start of this challenge. due to me having to get up at 5am and I was too busy all day long I have to cut it a short day today. I planned on playing an hour at 8 tables .. But I have to go because its getting late so I only managed half an hour (400 hands) But nevertheless Its a good start

This weak reg donated soooooo much to the table like I buyin for 12BB (BigBets) so at 5/Tc its $1.20 .. I left the table with $6.55 .. some really nice pots from him and a huge fish. I had a note that he overplays TP hands. and OH MY GOD he did. really.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      UTG folds, MP raises, CO folds, BTN calls, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, MP caps, BTN calls, Hero calls

Flop: (13 SB) 9 5 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets, BTN calls, Hero raises, MP calls, BTN 3-bets, Hero caps, MP calls, BTN calls

Turn: (12.5 BB) T (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP raises, BTN 3-bets, Hero calls, MP calls

River: (21.5 BB) 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets, Hero calls, MP calls

Results:
      24.5 BB pot (0.4 BB rake)
      Final Board: 9 5 2 T 6
      MP mucked A Q and lost (-8 BB net)
      BTN showed Q T and lost (-8 BB net)
      Hero showed K K and won 24.1 BB (16.1 BB net)

I'm talking about BTN in this hand the weak reg

Given they 3bet turn my KK didnt look good anymore but no way im ever folding vs him again :D Another example of him totally overplaying his hand
      edit: just noticed he call/3bet flop with QT high OMG HAHA :D Thats why i love this limit. I can just relax and play my best Which my game is good enough for $0.50/$1 limit (mental block im not there yet)

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 9
      Hero raises, MP 3-bets, CO folds, BTN calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls

Flop: (12.4 SB) K 5 9 (4 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls, MP calls, BTN raises, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls

Turn: (10.2 BB) T (4 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, MP folds, BTN 3-bets, BB calls, Hero caps, BTN calls, BB calls

River: (22.2 BB) A (3 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls, BTN calls

Results:
      25.2 BB pot (0.4 BB rake)
      Final Board: K 5 9 T A
      BTN mucked K J and lost (-7.5 BB net)
      BB showed K 3 and lost (-7.5 BB net)
      Hero showed 9 9 and won 24.8 BB (17.3 BB net)

he is BB in this hand.

Graph for the day:

• FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      nice results:)

glgl, and gogogogo :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      nice results:)

glgl, and gogogogo :)
      thx .. the reason why i want to go crazy this month is to prove to some friends of mine or "students" exactly how much they are able to win in 1 month and being able to move up stakes as fast as possible.
      Bronze
      So I just realized I can't go all in on the grind. Neither do I actually think I want to.. I would like above 10k hands this month (which is quite something for me) I went down to 4 tables to increase my winrate. This whole thing is to show my friends and fellow FL micro grinders exactly how much money you can earn in 1 month. with my help lols. So goal of this month is

10.000 hands
      $50+ in winnings (achieveable for me easily in theory proof to come in a moment)
      play at least 400 hands per day from now on.

Today:

bonus proof:

this pattern pretty much looks like how I do everyday and have since January 2013 :) IT's SOOOOOO EASY GUYS!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Nice to see a FL blog in here! I'm a complete FL fish but it would be interesting to see how you fare in this. So far the results seem to be nice though so keep it up! :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Nice to see a FL blog in here! I'm a complete FL fish but it would be interesting to see how you fare in this. So far the results seem to be nice though so keep it up! :)
      thanks mate. I hope I can reach my goals and at least the 50 in profit. I know i am a huge winner and im quite sure that I am the best or second best playing on 5/Tc FL PS reguarly. So not to sound too arrogant. I cant lose .. In 200k hands I havent had a downswing of more than 300BB so question is just exactly how much im able to earn.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      That's not arrogance, that's confidence. If you know you're a good player, no shame in hiding it imo
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      That's not arrogance, that's confidence. If you know you're a good player, no shame in hiding it imo
      This :) keep it up sir :)
      Bronze
      Yeah I know and thanks. But you can also proclaim it too much as in "IM THE BEST PLAYER EVER OMG OMG YOU NOOBS!!"

hehe.

Yesterday I had my first red day after 12 straight winning days. But only 30BB down. which is like $3 .. The day before i had earned $4 so Its not too bad :P Lets hope I can turn it around today again so I can see some green numbers again :D

yesterdays stats

wtsd 45 w$sd 41 . That says it all :P
      Bronze
      The month so far It's going nice and calm , 4 tabling all the way .. even playing more passively than I actually want to but they keep donk betting in multiway pots and I dont like to raise my A high in this spot or K high. bahh. I absolutely hate being passive hehe.

so stats for the month so far is

VPIP:32 / PFR:22 / 3BET:8 / WTSD%:41 / W$SD%:52 / AGG%:39 / AGfre:1,60

I got a kinda meh feeling. I don't really feel my heart is in it like im torn. It definitely is great to show that graph for 200k hands. Im guessing my family life is pulling me more than poker. Its been like that for a while now.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Dat graph :s_cool:

Keep it up :)
      Bronze
      I'm actually gonna study some more 3betting .. I really wan't my 3betting to be 10 or 11 instead of 8 .. Its a bit too low. But other than that I think my game is pretty solid. Even when I rage and yell at the fish :D It doesn't affect my game and I still fold the set on 4 flush board when they bet/3bet into me (multiway pots) :D it truly sucks to fold a good hand but not once have I ever felt my yelling and cursing at them has made me more inclined to call down or raise in a rage.

Thankfully im over the tilt problems and I can actually allow myself to vent some frustration even while playing. Actually ive tried looking at my daily graphs for this year and It seems that I always lose 20BB in the start of the session and then I begin to vent and I automatically win 50BB or something :D haha maybe i should be constantly yelling and screaming at the players :D

Though its quite funny Stars has banned my chat multiple times before for venting :D
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Okay so let me get this straight. You've gotten over your tilt problems, but you start winning like crazy when you start venting? You might be the only player who gets an increased winrate when he starts tilting :coolface:
      Bronze
      Okay so let me get this straight. You've gotten over your tilt problems, but you start winning like crazy when you start venting? You might be the only player who gets an increased winrate when he starts tilting :coolface:
      :D Its basically because I have some issues with anger management and if i get to vent then I can start relaxing in my head and I am able to focus more. Something like that. Luckily I have my wife/soulmate to support me with stuff like that. So as soon as the anger / frustration over many things go away I am able to focus even more. If that makes any sense.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      ^it makes sense, espesh in FL format, as long as you don't move up in stakes in this condition :)

glgl,
      Fran
      Bronze
      ^it makes sense, espesh in FL format, as long as you don't move up in stakes in this condition :)

glgl,
      Fran
      I haven't moved up because of tilt since before FTP was closed down and i was playing HUSNGs.

Besides I love PokerStars for having the set to specific limit. So I can't move higher than $0.5/1FL in which i am comfortable with. even if i wanted to move up NL/PL(O) is set to 2nl and tourney/sngs are set to $4 ..
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Originally posted by Avataren

glgl,
      Fran
      I haven't moved up because of tilt since before FTP was closed down and i was playing HUSNGs.

Besides I love PokerStars for having the set to specific limit. So I can't move higher than $0.5/1FL in which i am comfortable with. even if i wanted to move up NL/PL(O) is set to 2nl and tourney/sngs are set to $4 ..
      +10000 I also love that function, they did it very effectively with 24 hours delay if you move up. Great stuff by PokerStars, agreed. :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren

glgl,
      Fran

+10000 I also love that function, they did it very effectively with 24 hours delay if you move up. Great stuff by PokerStars, agreed. :)
      Is it 24 hour now ? I have always thought it was 48 hours at least thats what it said all those times I have set it differently .. Im quite sure its 48 but even 24 hours is enough for a man to cool down and think rationally again. Its really the best feature ever , I missed that a lot on FTP back when Danish players were allowed on that scam of a site.
      Bronze
      So yesterday/ today (around midnight CET) I bought the 1k fpp $10 bonus thing. Yeah I know you will all say use it for tourneys, but first of all I despise NL more than anything in this world of poker. Second I hate tourneys second most in the world of poker :D So I kindly say no thanks to use my fpp for anything but the instant $ bonuses.

Anyway I just sat and thought of what post to make right now and I realized I never said anything about my br.

br from 1st april : $255

The month so far:

br now stands at $292

I have to say I just today played 10/20c instead for like 150 hands and won 20BB (around $4) so count that in but its going steady upwards. nice and easy. Im not sure I can reach my goals at all due to me having been ill for a few days and out of town (due to family)

But at least It proves enough that micros are easily beatable using a very simple strategy that i believe i can comfortably coach to new players.

Now i believe most of you will think "WTF he got almost 300 dollars and still playing 5/Tc !! wut what is wrong with him?"

truth is : a lot is wrong with me :) Most thing Im not even aware of myself haha but all i can say its a mental thing. I really am taking care of my br and I will take no chances. I blew too many $50 deposits on old FTP to ever want to risk half of that ever again. The feeling I had everytime i put $50 in at 4AM made me literally cry typing in my account nr etc. I wanted to be good and I just couldn't. Luckily after a while my wife slapped me in the face and said "you wanna be good at poker? then stop wasting our money and get good you stupid idiot!" and she gave me a good luck kiss and I found FL and now poker is a great hobby :)